New Game play Enhancement

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: New Game play Enhancement

Post by ronMctube »

mapache01 wrote:
ronMctube wrote:
mapache01 wrote:
I don't see a trouble on my rig now, but I'll be really mad if I have a membership that will due lets say in 3 years and I'll cannot play anymore if the game needs monstrous performance in GPU like a minimum GTX 600> so EW prepare to the storm if this new Enhancement does not have a switch for low performance computers; I for sure will ask a refund for the days my membership expire and equipment bought the past 3 months if the game not any more gonna run on my old computer.

the thing is at some point we have to change or upgrade the engine or goto a new platform unless this is going to stay as it is and just finish. would you rather the game just ends at some point or upgrades and we conitinue on ?

we are in 2018. realistically people have to expect to upgrade at some point.cant hold back progress for 2010 pcs.

i get what you saying but we need to move forward at some point .
And what about the people who does not have the money now to upgrade or buy another computer but all ready pay membership 2-4 year in Advanced? also the equipment/weapon/clothes invested??? Refund?

Maybe i'm just thinking and care about people who love the game, made effort to buy membership and improve his rig since Wridge and Timber was launched, well that's my opinion, I the end EW will do what's better for his Wallet not clients.
i get what you saying but when people are holding back progress of what many can have because their on such acient pcs you have to say to yourself.should i upgrade ? im not being funny but a basic pc isnt that much. some peoples specs i see mentioned regular are from the 2010-13 region.we in 2018 ! its great having a game to play but if you play games you cant expect for progress in upto date times to be held back.not tryin to alienate but you can get a modern pc for not too much money. if you playing on a pc from 2010-2013 man you had your money worth !

we need this game to progress.it needs a new engine new ideas new many things.classic and i will say it now once is better than call of the wild.to stay better at some point needs to upgrade. or it dies.that simple.or call of the wild takes its place.i like call of the wild for all of its beauty but it isnt as good as classic overall.it cant be realistically as classic is 9 years of effort.

imagine classic looking as good as call of the wild.sorry to annoy anyone but classic came out in 2009. we in 2018. we need to upgrade move with the times.im sure most wouldnt mind or have upgraded ages ago.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

ronMctube wrote:
mapache01 wrote:
ronMctube wrote:

the thing is at some point we have to change or upgrade the engine or goto a new platform unless this is going to stay as it is and just finish. would you rather the game just ends at some point or upgrades and we conitinue on ?

we are in 2018. realistically people have to expect to upgrade at some point.cant hold back progress for 2010 pcs.

i get what you saying but we need to move forward at some point .
And what about the people who does not have the money now to upgrade or buy another computer but all ready pay membership 2-4 year in Advanced? also the equipment/weapon/clothes invested??? Refund?

Maybe i'm just thinking and care about people who love the game, made effort to buy membership and improve his rig since Wridge and Timber was launched, well that's my opinion, I the end EW will do what's better for his Wallet not clients.
i get what you saying but when people are holding back progress of what many can have because their on such acient pcs you have to say to yourself.should i upgrade ? im not being funny but a basic pc isnt that much. some peoples specs i see mentioned regular are from the 2010-13 region.we in 2018 ! its great having a game to play but if you play games you cant expect for progress in upto date times to be held back.not tryin to alienate but you can get a modern pc for not too much money. if you playing on a pc from 2010-2013 man you had your money worth !

we need this game to progress.it needs a new engine new ideas new many things.classic and i will say it now once is better than call of the wild.to stay better at some point needs to upgrade. or it dies.that simple.or call of the wild takes its place.i like call of the wild for all of its beauty but it isnt as good as classic overall.it cant be realistically as classic is 9 years of effort.

imagine classic looking as good as call of the wild.sorry to annoy anyone but classic came out in 2009. we in 2018. we need to upgrade move with the times.im sure most wouldnt mind or have upgraded ages ago.

I agree with you in that eventually The Hunter will have to upgrade their graphic and overall engine or make The Hunter 2, to survive, classic still have pretty graphics but at 2018 its getting low quality compared to new games, but, however i doubt this particular new game-play upgrade its the new engine, because that change would be so significant that many people would need upgrade their pc, so that kind of change must be clearly said before the implementation, so that people can get used to the idea and have the time to prepare their pc for the change, this new game-play its aiming to surprise us, and that would be the wrong way to implement something that requires changes in the user end, remember that when TGT was introduced it was clearly stated from the start that would have higher requirements than the other reserves, i think this gonna be a new way to hunt, maybe render increased, but not something as big as a migration from an engine to another, maybe and hopefully this is a first step in that direction.

Edit: something that could work for now its to take the old reserves and raise it to the graphical level of TGT.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BigGameHunter_21
Scout

Post by BigGameHunter_21 »

I’d say either longer render distance or maybe a long distance camera.
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

It's more about how terrible this game performs.
I could play the Hunter less and less well on my old laptop.
So for getting my degree I rewarded myself with a new pc including a GTX 960.
It performed well. Then TgT and Piccabeen bay came out and I'm back to horrible lag.
Now I'm wondering if I should buy a new graphic card again just for this game...

Call of the wild with medium graphic settings (which still look way nicer than THC best settings) actually performs better...
Other games like the new DOOM or GTA V also run fine on my pc but this very old game does not.

I can not remember any optimizations happening for this game as long as I'm a member.
Rant over!
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Prinz1989 wrote: Now I'm wondering if I should buy a new graphic card again just for this game...
Don’t do it... if it’s only for playing this game then it’s a waste of money... i have a 1080 ti and i’m normally unable to get over 60 FPS on some reserves, like TGT and piccabeen

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Bear in mind that with an increase to render distance they'd probably leave the older graphics version still available for a year or two.

I really, really hope it's improved render distance.

The other thing I can think of is improved rendering of foliage etc to match zoomed/unzoomed but that could severely impact performance.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

kevin2106 wrote:
Prinz1989 wrote: Now I'm wondering if I should buy a new graphic card again just for this game...
Don’t do it... if it’s only for playing this game then it’s a waste of money... i have a 1080 ti and i’m normally unable to get over 60 FPS on some reserves, like TGT and piccabeen

still dont get why your fps is so low. must be something wrong somewhere i have numerous pcs .some which arent nowhere near as quick and will run this at 4k literally over 100 fps without moving.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

ronMctube wrote:

still dont get why your fps is so low. must be something wrong somewhere i have numerous pcs .some which arent nowhere near as quick and will run this at 4k literally over 100 fps without moving.

You missed an important part there Ron, it only happens on certain reserves. Yesterday i was playing VDB and RFF stable between 150-200+ FPS depending on the vegetation. But if i go to TGT or Piccabeen, sometimes even WRR regardless of how little vegetation there, i will always strugle to get over 60. I trust your PC knowledge a lot more than mine, as mine is close to none lol, but i can’t understand how it can be settings related when it happens on certain reserves and how it’s so inconsistent, which means i will sometimes even have issues on the reserves that normally run well.

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

piccabeen tgt and wrr are the most heavy fps hitters.i have had drops on there previously.not sure what causes it.mainly though its fine.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

bananas how many people play this game for hours everyday and have spent hundreds on tents and guns only to play on an outdated rig. Not only does the game look trash, you loose the performance on half the reserves now to an unplayable level. If it is an enhancement thats going to require a min spec increase then each player in this position has to make the decision to either spend and keep playing or not spend,loose the game and all the progress and gear to date. Sounds harsh but its no surprise. Thats the gaming industry across the board, that's the way it always has and will be and if you've buried your head in the sand to such facts and if you think you will be getting a refund i think you'll find that the EW terms and conditions are going to ruin your weekend.

Return to “General Chat”