Magpie goose bundle.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
gr1zzly1
Tracker

Magpie goose bundle.

Post by gr1zzly1 »

I really don't need another 20 ga. shotgun.
Why are we forced to buy the 20 ga? I can see buying everything else.
But when you already have a shotgun of some type, why get another.

P.S. I own all of the shotguns already.

https://www.thehunter.com/#store/bundle/299

I checked the price for the 2 half bundles plus 2 winged decoys and a blind, adds up to 3946 ems.

Add in the 2 goose callers and the flag, goes to 4471 ems.
Last edited by gr1zzly1 on April 25th, 2018, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: Magpie goose bundle.

Post by JimboCrow »

It is to make the bundle more attractive to those who don't have the shotgun and to stick it to the loyal customers who always support the game, who naturally all already have it. Never a dull moment at Expensive Worlds. Two words come to mind when I see this type of marketing and they ARE NOT "Thank you." :evil: (Well, the "you" part is right.)
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

I did the math... if you buy the bundle as is it works out to a savings of 474 em$'s if you want all the new goose equipment and assuming you already have the 20 gauge.

If you were to buy all the new goose items as shown in the bundle it works out to 3,473 em$'s. The bundle is 2,999 em$'s as is. 3,473-2,999 = 474. So, still a bit of savings but not that great if you already own the 20 gauge.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I really dont get why the default assumption is that EW is out to screw people? While I agree a tent or maybe even a shotgun suitable to hunting geese instead of a 20ga would have been a better choice I dont think EW was trying to screw me by adding the 20ga. FWIW I own all the guns in the game, but not all the skins. I would venture to say that makes me established. I didnt own the black 20ga so I bought the package. BAM at least one satisfied customer.

As an aside. This is a brand new product for them. The fact they even offered a bundle is shocking. They very well could have offered nothing & probably would have been wise to do so to maximize their earnings.

chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

I am thinking about half spread bundle, plus 2 callers, plus blind = 1900 em$. I remember I have started canda goose hunting with the same approach, and I have bought remaining decoys later, during sale.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

SoftShoe wrote:I really dont get why the default assumption is that EW is out to screw people? While I agree a tent or maybe even a shotgun suitable to hunting geese instead of a 20ga would have been a better choice I dont think EW was trying to screw me by adding the 20ga. FWIW I own all the guns in the game, but not all the skins. I would venture to say that makes me established. I didnt own the black 20ga so I bought the package. BAM at least one satisfied customer.

As an aside. This is a brand new product for them. The fact they even offered a bundle is shocking. They very well could have offered nothing & probably would have been wise to do so to maximize their earnings.
I agree there is nothing wrong with bundle as is. What I don't agree is they didn't include the other bundles that all the other waterfowl have. I like having 2 full setups per blind spread out from each to increase attraction area. I don't need to buy bundle twice but probably will cuz will still come out cheaper. So now have dupicates for shotgun and callers that take up inventory space and will require support to remove.
INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

chewik wrote:I am thinking about half spread bundle, plus 2 callers, plus blind = 1900 em$. I remember I have started canda goose hunting with the same approach, and I have bought remaining decoys later, during sale.
bought the same ........already have a 20 ..........anyone else having a problem tryin to find a spot to place the blind.does not seem to work well placed in the water :roll:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

INSANEPAPPY60 wrote:
chewik wrote:anyone else having a problem tryin to find a spot to place the blind.does not seem to work well placed in the water :roll:
I found what I think is a good spot. I am at work so wasnt able to truly hunt it but had a fair number of geese come in during the short time I was there.

My tent is at
x: 6762.946
y: 7663.822

About 20m west I put the blind & arrayed the decoys in the water just in front of it.

RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I think the bundle should have been the blind and decoys only. (yes a tent would have been so much better than a shot gun.) And they should have made a separate bundle for the callers.

IMO they are losing out on the players that want to set up multiple locations as most have done with ducks and Canada geese even though I have since moved all my decoys to one location for ducks and did the same with Geese. I would have still pickuped 2 bundles for magpie vs none with the way the bundle is now.
Spoiler:
Olviar

Post by Olviar »

I agree. It would be more pleasant to have a tent or another blind in this particular pack.
I get the point of EW: to allow new players to have an all in one bundle with a new shotty. ;) I think this is a good idea from a perspective.
On the other hand members of the loyal playerbase possess a good number of shotguns, they simply don't need it. Especally when they already have it.

So just doing some loud brainstorming:
We already have good bundles (a good bunch made by community members), so why not go with a 'Pikachu Bay Universal Loadout' (weapons, callers, whatevers) + Full spread, half spread, flappy decoys bundles?

Return to “General Chat”