Magpie goose bundle.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Magpie goose bundle.

Post by ronMctube »

yes i think ideally a bundle with decoys needed. decoys and blindor decoys blind and callers.shotgun shouldnt be there.maybe you could debate that if you buying all the lot you would need a ethical gun for the geese but 90 percent of us have a shotgun already.

the geese are great fun to hunt & look great its only the bundles that need adjusting.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

When they have a bundle that fits for me, they'll get a sale- until then, no sale. For the newer person who hasn't done waterfowl it's a cool deal! And a lot of them might not have the 20ga ~ If they're managing by the metrics they know all this and that's why it came out like it did- but a choice or 2 would've been a better option, always is- Choices put one into the position of "I must choose 1" a single choice is a yes or no and those are lower odds.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Softshoe, you're right. They could have offered nothing, but they also could have offered a couple of different bundles, maybe ONE without a shotgun. They could have done a lot of things but as usual they did less for the loyals than the newbies. (What's even worse is it will ALL be on sale in a couple of weeks.)

This is not a new strategy for EW, it's the same old same old, but in this case it's ALL ONE BIG RESKIN, from top to bottom, so $30 seems just a little steep to me. We pay and pay and pay and pay and pay, and we STILL haven't got Sambar and Rusa collectibles that count to our Hunterscores 4 (FOUR!!!) months after release. Why bother including them if you're not going to count them? I'm extremely frustrated with the current administration so I'm a little miffed right now, and this little nugget dropped as a "bargain" just isn't doing it for me. I bought it, I ALWAYS do, and in so doing my criticism becomes a proverbial doubled edged sword. It cuts me as well for being a perpetual dumb a$$, yet I continue to hope it might cut them a little too. However, it only feels like I'm wasting my breath, like so many others who have been here for so frigging long with NO LOYALTY WHATSOEVER appearing to come the other way. But still we persevere, true blue fans and friends of the game that we are.

That is where the prevailing default assumption about EW comes from. It is of their own making entirely. They have made it their stock in trade TO AMASS RATHER THAN TO PROVIDE, and consequently they wear the stripes.

EDIT: Corrected incorrect use of words and grammatical errors.
Last edited by JimboCrow on April 25th, 2018, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

Radamus wrote:When they have a bundle that fits for me, they'll get a sale- until then, no sale. For the newer person who hasn't done waterfowl it's a cool deal! And a lot of them might not have the 20ga ~ If they're managing by the metrics they know all this and that's why it came out like it did- but a choice or 2 would've been a better option, always is- Choices put one into the position of "I must choose 1" a single choice is a yes or no and those are lower odds.
Yes, I'm determined to wait for a sale. Already got the 20ga.
From a monetization point a tent would have been better everybody can use one of those. And for new players the single shot shotgun comes free anyway.
Why not make a decent bundle and a shotgun sale to accompany that?
I think it is really doubtfull that this way they make the most money. :?:
Thoke2014
Scout

Post by Thoke2014 »

Didn't really plan on buying any Magpie goose stuff to begin with, but this bundle certainly isn't moving me any closer. I'm sure over time I'll end up picking up some stuff to hunt them with when better value sales come out but until then I'll stick to jumping in MP games to hunt them!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I still hope they release a new shotgun for the geese, the bundle looks good to me since i don't have the 20ga, but i prefer the camo if i have to pick one, so i agree a tent would have been a better choice, besides as was already pointed out, everyone have the 12ga single shotgun, and probably every or most of the members got the old reliable 12ga pump shotgun, so no need for a shotgun in the bundle.

Besides, i wont buy the bundle the day of release, i prefer wait and see if the magpie don't come with some hidden bugs, after all its brand new.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

VonStratos wrote:I still hope they release a new shotgun for the geese, the bundle looks good to me since i don't have the 20ga, but i prefer the camo if i have to pick one, so i agree a tent would have been a better choice, besides as was already pointed out, everyone have the 12ga single shotgun, and probably every or most of the members got the old reliable 12ga pump shotgun, so no need for a shotgun in the bundle.

Besides, i wont buy the bundle the day of release, i prefer wait and see if the magpie don't come with some hidden bugs, after all its brand new.
All good points! One other point would be, if I'm going goosing my first choice isn't going to be the 20ga. And another good point waiting to see feedback on how it's working out. I would think using some existing coding based on the canadian geese it would be fairly painless. I do like the twist where they can land on water or land, nice little touch.
I hope it's painless for them so they can focus on whatever their priorities are.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
ClemD
Scout

Post by ClemD »

Just bought the new bundle with the tent. Thank you EW for adding it

Rare: 153 – Non-Typical: 12
Competitions: 82 – Gold: 25, Silver: 29, Bronze: 23, Events: 5
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

ClemD wrote:Just bought the new bundle with the tent. Thank you EW for adding it
Just did the same. Glad that our feedback was taken into consideration.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Now i EW could lower the price to 1999ems :D... good thing they listen to the feedback and put that right after the release, now you can choose what suit you more, probably 90% will chose the one with tent. I can see an all around mega bundle for PB in the future including the waterfowling and big weapons like the ones for other reserves, and with a lodge on it.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “General Chat”