It's possible to climb this mountain?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
darthkata
Tracker

It's possible to climb this mountain?

Post by darthkata »

Because...

I've lost "something" up there and I want to get it back :mrgreen:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: It's possible to climb this mountain?

Post by Tod1d »

You can try the "back off until the animal disappears (220m horizontal), and then move forward until it reappears (200m)" trick. It's pretty close to that edge. When it re-drops, it might come down. Try it several times if it doesn't work the first time.

Otherwise, I can't recall seeing any way up that hill.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
darthkata
Tracker

Post by darthkata »

Tod1d wrote:You can try the "back off until the animal disappears (220m horizontal), and then move forward until it reappears (200m)" trick. It's pretty close to that edge. When it re-drops, it might come down. Try it several times if it doesn't work the first time.

Otherwise, I can't recall seeing any way up that hill.
Hi Tod1d (amd thanks), I tried, I walked 200, 300 and 400 meters away, and I even teleported and came back later but no way, it's mulish :lol:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Wow bummer, looks like a pretty good something you lost...

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Further distances don't make a difference. It looks like from where you were standing, you could back up & see the animal disappear, and then reappear when you walked closer.
When it reappears, it drops back onto the terrain. This is to prevent animals re-spawning inside the ground or in a rock or tree. But it can sometimes be helpful in these situations.
Sorry to hear it didn't work.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
joyce_mg93

Post by joyce_mg93 »

If you really want to make it then you have to keep trying. There's a way up you just need to figure out which path and strategy to make.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

I actually think that is the only place you can not get to of all the peaks in the south ibex area. I’ve spent countless of hours trying to get up there, so i’m 99% sure it’s impossible.

Only thing i haven’t tried is to walk close to it and see if the top is flat enough to have a tent placed on it. I highly doubt it, and the reason i haven’t tried it is that i don’t belive it’s possible, but i’d be really happy to be proven wrong.

If anyone ever sees a trophy Ibex up there, i would recommend you to just walk up to the side of the top, and then just fire a couple if shots to flush the Ibex over the other side of the top. It should then climb down and start roaming around. Once in a while it doesn’t work and the Ibex still stays up there, but then all you can do is to try again till it works. If the Ibex is worth it spending 20 mins to get him shouldn’t be a problem i guess :)

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

yeah that area often the ibex will run over and into the pass.or onto the open field either side.unlucky if you couldnt get it.that area does yield some nice ibex.as does the opposite mountain .
darthkata
Tracker

Post by darthkata »

Well...thanks in advance for your interest and replies...Finally, I can say that I harvested it! I took a while but in the end I got it. The key was, in addition to go back and then move forward, move in angle. I mean, don't move in a straight line, but make a "detour" to change the angle of view, which trigger the ibex "falls" in a different position, so it moves more easily.
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

darthkata wrote:Well...thanks in advance for your interest and replies...Finally, I can say that I harvested it! I took a while but in the end I got it. The key was, in addition to go back and then move forward, move in angle. I mean, don't move in a straight line, but make a "detour" to change the angle of view, which trigger the ibex "falls" in a different position, so it moves more easily.
What did it score? Looked like a 270 to me

Return to “General Chat”