Discussion about the latest survey questions

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Discussion about the latest survey questions

Post by Generalkommendant »

This are some extracts from some of the questions being asked in their survey. I thought it showed a glimpse of what they're up to. What do you think?

What additional type of reserve style/theme would you like to see in theHunter: Classic?(1)

East Asian Environment (e.g. Japan or China)
New Zealand (From Alps, to rain forest, to desert and everything in between)
Desert (e.g. Arizona or New Mexico inspired)
European Summer Environment (e.g UK or Central Europe inspired)
Russian
Other

What one species would you like to see/see more of in the future?(2)

Upland birds (e.g. Pigeons / Сapercaillie)
Waterfowl (e.g. Blue Wing Teal / Greylag Goose)
Deer (e.g. Fallow Deer / Axis Deer)
Small game (e.g. Hare / Squirrel)
Feline (e.g. Mountain Lion / Lynx)
Goat (e.g. Mountain goat / Chamois)
Bovinae (e.g. Buffalo / Muskox)
Canine (e.g. wolves / foxes)
Crocodilians (e.g Crocodiles / Alligators)
Bears (e.g Kodiak)
Pigs (e.g Peccaries)
Other

What new features would you like to see in the game?(3)

Bow Fishing
Ethical Traps
Fishing
Guilds / Team-based Multiplayer Competitions
Meat & Fur Harvesting
Player Created Competitions
Rare, Time Sensitive Species
Weapon Modifications
Other

Which one of the following transport methods would you like to see in game in-game?(4)

ATV
Bicycle
Boat (where applicable)
Horse
Jeep
Other

Which of the following existing features would you like us to further develop?(5)

Avatar customization (eg. more hairstyles, skin tones, face shapes etc.)
Dog breeds
Fun & Wacky Clothing
Realistic Clothing
Taxidermy Poses
Trophy Lodges
Other

Which one of the below weapon class would you like to see more in the game?(6)

Bows
Crossbows
Handguns
Rifles
Shotguns
Other

What improvements to the overall hunting experience would you like to see focused on?(7)

Animal AI
Ballistics
Call / Lure Mechanics
Species Variations
Tracking
Other
Last edited by Generalkommendant on April 20th, 2018, 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Re: Discussion about the latest survey questions

Post by Generalkommendant »

Personally I'd prefer the following:

1. Africa (stated in "others")
2. Kodiak Bear
3. Multiplayer comps
4. Not sure if I want any but if I had to choose it'd be an ATV
5. Realistic clothing?
6. Crossbows
7. Animal AI

The Kodiak Bear would be awesome. Those are really big ones.
The Kodiak bear (Ursus arctos middendorffi), also known as the Kodiak brown bear, sometimes the Alaskan brown bear, inhabits the islands of the Kodiak Archipelago in southwest Alaska. It is the largest recognized subspecies of brown bear, and one of the two largest bears alive today, the other being the polar bear.

Physiologically, the Kodiak bear is very similar to the other brown bear subspecies, such as the mainland grizzly bear (Ursus arctos horribilis) and the now-extinct California grizzly bear (U. a. californicus†), with the main difference being in size. While there is generally much variation in size between brown bears in different areas, most usually weigh between 115 and 360 kg (254 and 794 lb). The Kodiak bear, on the other hand, commonly reaches sizes of 300 to 600 kg (660 to 1,320 lb), and has even been known to exceed weights of 680 kg (1,500 lb). Despite this large variation in size, the diet and lifestyle of the Kodiak bear does not differ greatly from that of other brown bears.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

For me

1. American grasslands
2. Feline: would love cougar!
3. Weapons modification: Being able to personalize your weapons would be pretty cool IMO. I customize/modify all my guns IRL.
4. Horse: Even with the reserve size it is I think it would be fun to have a horse to wander about on.
5. Avatar modifications: Its about investing yourself in your virtual persona.
6. Handguns: You can never have to many pistols.
7. Species variations: Its not about the trophy its about the experience

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

For me:

1- European Summer Environment (e.g UK or Central Europe inspired) just because i like the English landscapes, but probably a reserve based on Argentina would be more interesting for variety.
2- Bovinae (e.g. Buffalo / Muskox) because i like big animals like moose, bison and buffalo, but i don't like Picca bay.
3- Fishing. Well this game is "The Hunter" not "the Fisher" but fishing would add a new dimension of possibilities to the game, like when waterfowl was introduced, and optional gameplay style, and i want to believe that unlike geese, there will no annoying fish screams all around the reserve where is introduced :lol: Weapon modification could be more easy to do and probably more important too now that i think about it.
4- Horse, the old Deer Hunting series had those and was a good implementation, i think The Hunter wasn't implementing vehicles due complications with the engine, but if they put in the survye i assume they can manage to do it, if so i hope a functional and balanced horse feature.
5-Trophy lodges, more functions and more environments, avatar was another tempting choice but i think lodges may get more potential.
6- Shotguns, i never can get enough, bows was my second choice but with the waterfowling getting more species shotguns got my vote.
7- I think they should rework the scent dog, the idea of puppy going to experienced full tracking dog was good as idea but ended being a pia in the practice, just look at the kennel, a more efficient tracking dog that can make the work in low levels whiteout cause constant frustration to the owner would help a lot, it is possible, the retriever by example work like a charm.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

1. East Asian - Japan !
2. Hard one. I would pick Felines first but Crocodilians are also really tempting.
3. Weapon Modifications , which i hope would also include visual customization of your equipment.
4. Dont know ... id rather have them invest time to rework the whole movement system in favor of something like cotw movement then adding vehicles and making it even worse then it already is. I can only imagine the clipping and getting stuck somewhere every 2m ... thats just my oppinion.
5. Trophy Lodges , more personal customization or room expansions. But i would also like more avatar customization and some really fancy clothes ... tough choice but i guess the lodges make no.1 spot really close
6. Handguns
7. Animal AI
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

1.East Asian Environment Japan i have been on about for a while now. some think its not very hunting esque but when you actually look into it there is lots of different and beautiful areas to show / hunt and great varienty. id rather have something totally new than similar to what we have now.
2. species would be a dangerous car of somekind but not make them easier to find or a common occurance.2nd maybe croc or gator.i think a dangerous element would be nice in the game for gaming reasons.
3. Fishing was the number one but gave up on it ever happening.i think its a thing that was missed oppurtunity.the amount of players this would of brought to theHunter many years ago and the avenues it could of taken is almost endless.you could of combined this game and had the rivers lakes in the normal maps and be able to choose to hunt or fish.would of effected either hunting or fishing .so no one would of lost out and the amount of content that could be added there is nothing else that matches huntin as closely either.also from a business sense the amount of additions with fishing.haha.just endless.bow fishing was talked about many years ago can remember people like steffan pettterson thinking about adding it but in europe youd have uproar.so not rearly a great thing to add.maybe for usa not for europe.

so id go with Guilds / Team-based Multiplayer Competitions. dont think the multiplayer side of this game has been opened up or catered for as much as it could be and its one of the best parts of the game.

4.vehicles wise dont think there is a real reason to add any. i think it may impact gameplay to much.this game is a very finely balanced sometimes unbalanced even and a vehicle in the game to me would bring too many game changing elements.id also have to think or ask why its being added? is it for a sale or to enhance what we have ? if its both as the politician would say how would it benefit ? the maps are small.noise spooks animals.you get a animal call every couple of hundred metres.only sensible vehicles/transport i could see is a boat or a horse/mule.boat could be interesting for travel but as said the maps arent that big.if we could use the camera tool then i can think of many oppurtunities that vehicles could play a part.that wont happen though.

5.i would probably say dogs for casual play and have better animations use and variation.id love to have jack russel , whippets roaming with me rabbit hunting for eg. other would maybe a bit different totally and that would maybe a addition of the chance to earn actual ems in game.from items.so maybe in the river we gold pan.this in turn would have a reward of real ems.not gms.how this would work not sure.im sure this could be done.many games are adding crates this brings player numbers.done right could keep players in and grow.so for eg bushrangers run maybe mining for gems. vdb river for gold panning anywhere with running water.its just a idea but rewarding players playing a game is a big thing and you can see the ones doing this have massive player bases that grow.you could maybe sell gold panning equipment with a chance of getting so much gold or whatever.same with mining . sell mining gear or plot certain percentage chance getting gems which = real ems. sell at docs whatever you call it.for reward.

6.weapons - i honestly cant suggest a weapon id like to see added.im sure there is many but i always look for a reason for something being added and with this game so saturated with weapons . i honestly dont know what to put.

7. What improvements to the overall hunting experience would you like to see focused on?

id like to see whats been mentioned a few times over the years.reserve management eco system.too big a idea maybe for this late in the day but would people like to see small little bolt ons or a whole new element to theHunter ? in terms of games lifetime and what is left maybe a really big addition could extend it far more than just the usual steps.new animal/new reserve.it maybe a too big a change . who knows.maintaining cabins.meadows.hunting towers.getting more involved in the reserves.

sometimes its alot easier to envision what wed like than to actually make it happen.why not shoot for the stars though?

animal management.weather system effecting hunting.full day cycle.more predators.shooting a prize bull thats gone from the herd choosing animal becomes more important.limited amount of tags maybe.young animals.vegitation management.
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

1. Other - India. But I've also added here those UK or Central European seting.
2. Small game - because why not, but I'm not actualy eager to see anything speciffic.
3. Meat and fur harvesting,
Rare, time sensitive species,
Other - several types of ammo for single caliber (FMJ vs. JHP, different weights, and so on). But I've forgot also about reverse - same rifle model aviable for several calibers. ;)

4. None - it is good as it is.

5. Avatar customisation, reallistic clothing, Trophy Lodges (well, what I meant by this, I want them bigger, more roomy - byt I guess, EW will understand this as "I want more of those tiny, little rooms" ;) )

6. Well, honestly, I don't feel that big need of any, but I selected rifles.

7. Animal AI, Ballistics, Call/lure mechanics.
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

1. AFRICAN Reserve!
2. AXIS Deer on BR!
3. Weapon Modifications
4. None of them, except possibly Duck Boats
5. Taxidermy Poses
6. Few more Big Game Rifles and a Semi-Auto 12 Gauge Shotgun
7. Animal Al

Wetland
iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

Bugs
Bugs
Bugs
Fix Bugs
Now
Please!!
Spoiler:
lmp1986

Post by lmp1986 »

1. Euro summer environment because, well, I live in Central Europe. But we already have a few Euro maps, I won't be too sad if we have to wait for it a little longer and we get something else instead.
2. More small game please. Preferably something other than rabbits/hares.
3. Out of the listed features, probably fishing. Weapon mods aren't a bad idea either.
4. Boats would be cool to go with the fishing ;).
5. I guess I'm one of the fairly few people who use dogs on hunts. So I'll go with more dog breeds but it's not like I feel we really NEED them that badly.
6. Airguns! I want my break barrel springer.
7. Animal AI sounds good I guess. Or tracking. I don't feel strongly, in fact I don't even remember how I voted in the poll :D.

Return to “General Chat”