Low Settings debate / digression

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Pupic
Hunter

Re: Low Settings debate / digression

Post by Pupic »

Guys don`t worry, i didn't get upset and i didn't take it personally on any level ;) Just wanted to give some insight from my point of view.
And yes, i figure out it could be true that for some events (searching for collectibles) and some competitions (rabbit hunting) people will lower their settings intentionally, but i still think its an exception rather than a rule.
From what i could see there is a huge difference between lowest and max settings but i wouldn't say that the advantage is on either side, ..if i must choose what is easier for me to hunt and what gives me best visibility (besides already mentioned exceptions) i would choose max settings any day.
:arrow: Generalkommendant you mentioned "...But/and I sure do want to compete, whenever I compete, on the same terms". Well, unfortunately that is not going to happen, not unless we all turn over to PS4.
Regarding the survey question, the offered "I want to see animals better and farther away" is just giving away the wrong impression......again, except in rare cases (small game hunting, collectibles) it is much harder to see something on low settings. It is ugly and blocky, you see nothing while prone, and all the small trees, plants and treetops look like impenetrable walls. Hunting in a forest area is like hunting in labyrinth and you cant see anything unless it climbs on top of your nosetip.
I remember few years ago hunting on my old pc it was agony to hunt and compete, and getting this (my actual) pc was a blast. Yes, i still have scene complexity on low, i dont see most of the flowers and interesting vegetation, but everything else is better and easier the higher i set those values. (and i do go max sometimes, as i said my main problem is overheating during the most of the year)

Anyway, i agree with all of you (\m/, Generalkommendant,Jim ) to some degree, its damn shame what some people would to to win some em$ but why would you get upset. You cant name anyone or point a finger to someone and say "you do it intentionally!".
Only solution for this problem is EW discarding low settings option (that survey question is probably gathering info. on how many people still have old pc`s and whether is profitable to abandon them in future development).
I got impression that is exactly what some people would want to see, and that is why i have replied to point out its not that bad only because few ***** are abusing it ;)
gas56 wrote:...Have some fun in the game! everything isn't about the worst scenario for a post like who's trying to exploit graphic settings.
Have a great time hunting ;)
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Re: Low Settings debate / digression

Post by Generalkommendant »

:arrow: Pupic
I agree with you. There's absolutely no hard feeling here. I do get emotional about it sometimes. Have to work on that part. Sometimes it's good though! ;)
But a fact that must be mentioned, well I have to, is that if it weren't for those few(?), and I have no names to hang out, all competitions would be available in multiplayer mode.
And as we speak, they certainly are not. To my greatest disappointment! But those few(?) are the sole reason for that being the case.
All the best Pupic, I've been in your land. It's hot there in the summers. Even to a degree that you make people like me, living in Sweden, totally jealous!

Return to “General Chat”