Eyewear in the game is good or not? (Worth to buy?)

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Eyewear in the game is good or not? (Worth to buy?)

Post by HD_Artworks »

Hi everyone.
I was thinking to buy an eyewear. I don't have any right now.
My question is, does the color effects improve looking while hunting or not?
And I don't know really what is "shaded" or "Yellow Tint" effect?
I think the "Yellow tint" effect will help us to see better in the early morning?

I really like to hunt in early morning and I like to know that does eyewear help me to hunt/see better?

If yes, which one is good for hunting in the early morning?

Thanks in advance... ;)
Season Stats
Spoiler:
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Re: Eyewear in the game is good or not? (Worth to buy?)

Post by BuiuRei »

Yellow is great on dark areas/hours. Must have imho.
The shaded is only useful when it gets super clear on WRR; otherwise it just worsen vision.
Spoiler:
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

I checked and there are three different effects.
Yellow Tint, Shaded and Grey Tint.
Does anybody own them all? Could someone share some screenshots with these three effects?

Thanks.
BuiuRei wrote:Yellow is great on dark areas/hours. Must have imho.
The shaded is only useful when it gets super clear on WRR; otherwise it just worsen vision.
I thought that.
I see some videos while the player was using the Shaded effect in WRR and it was useful in the bright sun in there.
But still, I didn't see any videos with Yellow and Grey Tint effect.
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I don't think that eyewear really helps. It changes brightness and color, but doesn't seem to do much for contrast. The track domes change in the same way as the rest of the picture, so they don't stand out much better either. I wouldn't buy sunglasses for functionality, only for looks.

I own them all, but you'd have to wait until tonight if you want me to post screenshots.
Image Image Image
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

HD_Artworks wrote:I checked and there are three different effects.
Yellow Tint, Shaded and Grey Tint.
Does anybody own them all? Could someone share some screenshots with these three effects?

Thanks.
I'm pretty sure they're both the same (meaning there are only 2 effects atm).
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i think its down to personal preference.i dont like the tints myself.yet i see people like treekiwi love the yellow tint.so there is only your own personal preference.no right or wrong.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

HD, I find that the yellow tint does offer an improvement in the dark mornings, but not enough for me to say they are a must have. However, there is another benefit that I would not be without. When you enable your yellow tint or sunglasses you can suddenly see dead animal domes all the way to render! This is a HUGE benefit!!! As soon as an animal dies it's death dome becomes visible if your glasses are enabled, or as soon as you enable them. If you then disable them again, the death domes will remain visible to your "naked eye." This is VERY helpful for finding kills you forgot to mark or simply cannot find. The sunglasses also help a small amount in bright light, especially on WRR at midday.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

I don't activate them by default, just to clarify.
But when you're having trouble on some specific time or place, it's of decent help.
Maybe it's not a "must have", but you surely get used to the effect when it actually would be helpful. Had that feeling several times playing CotW lately. :lol:

EDIT: And it helps a lot under rain, also.
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

JimboCrow wrote:However, there is another benefit that I would not be without. When you enable your yellow tint or sunglasses you can suddenly see dead animal domes all the way to render! This is a HUGE benefit!!! As soon as an animal dies it's death dome becomes visible if your glasses are enabled, or as soon as you enable them. If you then disable them again, the death domes will remain visible to your "naked eye." This is VERY helpful for finding kills you forgot to mark or simply cannot find. The sunglasses also help a small amount in bright light, especially on WRR at midday.
Jimbo, this works perfectly fine even without sunglasses. Just press the button to activate sunglasses even if you don't wear any and you'll see the domes of dead animals up to render range. Try it! :D

Beware though: this is obviously a bug - and while I don't think they will do something about it in the near future, it might go away at some point.
Image Image Image
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:However, there is another benefit that I would not be without. When you enable your yellow tint or sunglasses you can suddenly see dead animal domes all the way to render! This is a HUGE benefit!!! As soon as an animal dies it's death dome becomes visible if your glasses are enabled, or as soon as you enable them. If you then disable them again, the death domes will remain visible to your "naked eye." This is VERY helpful for finding kills you forgot to mark or simply cannot find. The sunglasses also help a small amount in bright light, especially on WRR at midday.
Jimbo, this works perfectly fine even without sunglasses. Just press the button to activate sunglasses even if you don't wear any and you'll see the domes of dead animals up to render range. Try it! :D

Beware though: this is obviously a bug - and while I don't think they will do something about it in the near future, it might go away at some point.
Thanks Tann! But how come I'm always the last to know? :? :D O well, there you go HD. Please try this before you buy them and let me know if it's free for everyone. Maybe I should have saved my money for the forest camo reverse draw crossbow!! :lol:

Return to “General Chat”