motion predator decoy

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
greylaghunter
Scout

motion predator decoy

Post by greylaghunter »

does the motion predator decoy work as meant to for foxes there are not many videos on it,just wondered if it took the foxes into the decoy and held them there long enough for a bow shot?
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Re: motion predator decoy

Post by Generalkommendant »

greylaghunter wrote:does the motion predator decoy work as meant to for foxes there are not many videos on it,just wondered if it took the foxes into the decoy and held them there long enough for a bow shot?
Yep, it works good on foxes. Long enough for a quick bow shot without any problems. ;)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

greylaghunter wrote:does the motion predator decoy work as meant to for foxes there are not many videos on it,just wondered if it took the foxes into the decoy and held them there long enough for a bow shot?
Works like a charm. It has an attraction radius of 50 meters (use the caller to bring the fox into the area) and the animal must be able to see the decoy. It'll come straight to it and stand there for some seconds before the animal starts roaming again. No problem to get the fox with the bow.

Also works on yotes and bobcats by the way.
Image Image Image
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i made a video on it with foxes.we had great fun making it :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6RVLwTJ5xQ

nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

I have the impression that especially foxes slow their approach speed when that decoy is up. Anybody else having similar experiences?
Code: Select all
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Read this greylaghunter / nachthexe : Very complete .
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... oy#p906470

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Ive never used the motion decoy for foxes. I typically call & stalk them. It does however work very well on coyotes. In my experience bobcats tend to slowly amble towards them.

HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

Yep. It works very well.
You have to find a place to put the decoy then find an ambush spot. Then use the predator caller, as soon as the fox get closer than 50 meters from the decoy, she/he start walking instead of trotting! You have enough time to shoot them with a bow even while they are walking.
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Try to get a vantage point where you have a view of a lot of the surroundings because in my experience, a LOT of times there is at least one more fox lurking in the area. It may come in from your flank or even behind you, but, for me, they are there somewhere. I'll shoot the one & either hear the other one run away, see it bounding in the distance, or find a second set of tracks. I have also had the call register as a male & then see a female come in (or vise versa).
I've had as many as 3 of them standing at the decoy, most of the times they come in from different angles.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Violator31 wrote: It may come in from your flank or even behind you, but, for me, they are there somewhere. I'll shoot the one & either hear the other one run away, see it bounding in the distance, or find a second set of tracks.
Good advice! Man, how I hate that weird half-rustling-half-whipping sound of foxes jumping off.
Image Image Image

Return to “General Chat”