The invisible man!

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

The invisible man!

Post by SoftShoe »

I was running through the woods & spotted a doe just standing there. I couldnt believe it didnt spook so I ran up to it & it just stood there. Just behind her was a turkey & a buck neither of which spooked when I ran up to them. The phenomena was limited to these 3 animals, the rest on the rez reacted appropriately.

Anyone else ever have this happen?

\m/
Outfitter

Re: The invisible man!

Post by \m/ »

First time i played th i saw this. Now every 15-20. session i see one or more animals not fleeing.., its not a bug - its now a feature! Still waiting for a 200 albino wt not fleeing.
Now offline. Forever.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

use to happen a lot a few years ago...it was suppose to have been fixed................i guess not completely fixed, huh.... :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Were you in Multiplayer?
Because that's happened to me a few times when in a drive and animals are constantly spooking, sometimes their A.I just breaks down and the animal becomes immobile. #given up on life in the game. :lol:
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Ravenousfox wrote:Were you in Multiplayer?
Because that's happened to me a few times when in a drive and animals are constantly spooking, sometimes their A.I just breaks down and the animal becomes immobile. #given up on life in the game. :lol:
No SP but now that you mention it immovable is what they were. They just stood there stock still.

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I've never seen that I swear or I'd remember it. I've shot them before and they just walked around and then dropped but no, never seen where I could walk up to them. There's nutty things like a pheasant that will run into you all day long if you stay in front of him but I thinks that's a normal bug think with pathing/fleeing. Now in a MP game, that's where I've seen the strangest things- I've even seen a group of animals fall from the sky, land then start roaming. Only seen it once and was pretty cool, just parachuted in and did their thing. I've had a herd of elk come running at me and go right into and around me for what reason I'll never know. But to just stand there?

Tell us about your magic camo combo is what I want to know about :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Normally i see that also in sp, playing very rarely mp. With the years i get used to this, its normal now. Bad luck most times females :D
Now offline. Forever.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

In SP it happens once in a while,.. to a lot of different animals,.. though not to all of them,.. I don't ever remember seeing an Ibex freeze... It does with Feral Hogs...more often than others.
Just shoot them and put them out of there misery and take advantage of the freebie shot,..
and get close, real close......ha ha ......... ;)
They're transitioning into the Zombie phase. :shock:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

gas56 wrote:In SP it happens once in a while,.. to a lot of different animals,.. though not to all of them,.. I don't ever remember seeing an Ibex freeze... It does with Feral Hogs...more often than others.
Just shoot them and put them out of there misery and take advantage of the freebie shot,..
and get close, real close......ha ha ......... ;)
They're transitioning into the Zombie phase. :shock:
OK,... I'll take something back I noticed not to be completely accurate... :D
I do remember seeing Ibex standing still for long periods of time when they got stuck on the edge of the map............. :roll:

Return to “General Chat”