Returning player...THC vs COTW

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Tuck_SFA
Hunter

Returning player...THC vs COTW

Post by Tuck_SFA »

Hi, it's been over a year since I last played THC. Several months ago (late 2017), I got COTW. Am really impressed with the graphics and non-crashing play. Cuddos. Astonishing enough, I logged into THC and still have some time left on my membership and wanted to do some comps. I miss comps not being in COTW. I basically had to re-learn many of the keystrokes as COTW is not as reliant on the hunter mate and it took me 30 mins to figure out how to harvest. Anyway, I played about 8-10 games on THC and every single game crashed. Every one! Now, I was playing Whiterime Ridge and remember that that map had been notorious for having some issues back when. I guess those issues haven't been successfully addressed. Also, I've noticed there are several new maps available. I will probably try them out before my membership lapses.

It's really a shame that the bugs are so persistent. I enjoyed THC very much, but not so much any more and have moved on to COTW.

It might be helpful though if I could get some honest feedback about the reliability of the maps added after WR. Are they not so buggy as WR? I'm sure the new maps are equally challenging but am concerned about the constant crashing. I have a top of the line computer so that's not the issue. Just wondering if the new maps are more stable or not.

Thanks!
Spoiler:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Returning player...THC vs COTW

Post by Fletchette »

Holy crap, you're still alive?!?!? Will wonders never cease? :lol:

Yeah, a number of people have been reporting crash issues primarily on WRR for several months now. Once in a while on other reserves, but mostly WRR. The Devs are aware, but haven't been able to replicate the problem, so are obviously having a hard time figuring out what is causing it.

The other reserves, including the new ones don't seem to have the same level of crash problems.
Personal Bests...
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Welcome back, Tuck_SFA! :)

The WRR crashing issue had been solved a while ago (spring of 2016 iirc), but it came back recently - though it seems nobody can say for sure what's the cause, if it's a similar issue (memory leak) or not. The devs are working on a solution and there's a thread you can add information to if you're affected: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=86246

All other reserves, including the newer ones (Timbergold Trails and Piccabeen Bay) seem to be fine (= mostly crash free), at least for the majority of players.
Image Image Image
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Try Timbergold, will love it.
Now offline. Forever.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Hi and welcome back on THC Tuck_SFA :)
Tuck_SFA
Hunter

Post by Tuck_SFA »

Hey Fletchette. Nice to hear from you and to see you are still around. Thanks Tann. \m/...will check out Timbergold for sure.

Hi Alena, David and Buirei....and all others whom I've shamefully forgotten.

Stinky says hi too!
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Welcome back Tuck. To echo what has already been said, the developers are aware of the crashing problem that is affecting mostly Whiterime Ridge. It's not the same issue as before since that has already been checked, but it does definitely sound like a memory issue of some sort. I experience the crashes on one of my laptops but not on my desktop machine. Hopefully they will figure it out soon.

Glad to hear you've been enjoying Call of the Wild, but hope to have you back here at Classic. Hope all is well.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Hey, tuck! Glad you're back into classic and the forum!
There's now a box to check or not under game settings called extended audio memory or something in that line. Have you tried toggling it on?
I seldom have some crashes on wrr and hemmeldal and have to test that option myself.
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Hi Tuck! Man, I thought you may have been breakfast for a large boa or maybe all those wild birds around you finally ganged up and had a feast! ... Hope you've been well buddy!
You've got to check our Piccabeen Bay- a rainforest map, the newest- It sounds just like your place from what I remember when we last played together and all those bird sounds that came through from your Teamspeak - man that was funny.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

The WRR crashing issue was solved but its now back, and if you think COTW hasn't gave you issues wait for when animals start teleporting infront of you.
Nathan22Outdoors

Return to “General Chat”