Discord intruder

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Violator31
Outfitter

Discord intruder

Post by Violator31 »

OK people, this past weekend I decided to check out the theHunter Discord. I went there Saturday evening until Sunday early morning, the again last night after work until about 3am. Saturday night there was one person that showed up, asked me if I was going to be hunting, then he left. Later another avatar showed up briefly & it sounded as if a child had happened to stumble in & was caught by a parent.
But last night / early this morning was different. There wasn't any activity at all, so I finished my hunt around 3am, shut down all the open window & went to bed. My bedroom is next to the living room (where the pc is) & the living room is between my room & the kitchen (the most used door into the house). A litttle before 4am I heard a loud scrambling or clamoring around, followed by a meek "Hello??" :o Then a little whispering then another "Hello??" :shock: . I sprang up out of bed looking into the living room for shadows of someone moving around = nothing. I eased around the doorway, ready to confront an intruder to find I was still alone. The noises were coming from the pc. I looked into the tray for open windows. Nothing. WTH?
I clicked on the arrow by the time/date & found a, almost transparent, little green icon for Discord (as seen in the photo) :roll: . I closed it & all of the noises stopped.
That was enough of a rush to keep me from being able to sleep for a while. :lol:
That was the entertaining part, now for my question..... did the initial excitement of the Discord addition wear off & no one goes there now? In the open window for the Discord program there was a lot of people signed in, some playing theHunter but most were playing something else or not active. I saw one active user in "Classic-Hunting German" (I think it was that room) and that was it. I shower daily & use deodorant, did I scare everyone off? As I am typing this I'm looking on the other monitor & there isn't one avatar in theHunter's server.I have used Discord a little, but it was just using a server I set up for my Son & I to play theHunter together, so I've never been in an open server, there has to be something I'm missing. I can't imagine that people were that excited about this feature, then just that quick it goes dead.
(I'm getting ready for work right now, so if there are any replies to this, don't expect a quick response from me)(have I ever mentioned I hate 2nd shift?)
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Thoke2014
Scout

Re: Discord intruder

Post by Thoke2014 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I can't be reading these types of stories in class

I've hopped on the discord a few times of the last couple weeks but most times there is no one on or those who are playing are in one of the language chats that I don't know. I really wish more people would get on there, shoot me a PM if you are on and looking for someone to get on the discord chat!
Extort713
Tracker

Post by Extort713 »

Thoke2014 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: I can't be reading these types of stories in class

I've hopped on the discord a few times of the last couple weeks but most times there is no one on or those who are playing are in one of the language chats that I don't know. I really wish more people would get on there, shoot me a PM if you are on and looking for someone to get on the discord chat!
It's mostly because it isn't advertised, if there was something on the launcher about it, or a post that was stickied under the multiplayer thread, then it would do better. It was mentioned in one status update, and on the steam announcements page once, that I assume a large portion of the player base doesn't follow. Also a large majority of player prefer to solo hunt, and most people have their group of friends they play with.

I hosted a discord server with a groups of friends I made on thehunter, over a year ago, and it was a lot more successful than the official one is in pulling in new players. But, that was mostly because I constantly bumping my thread on forums, posted and bumped it on the steam group and would invite random players that joined my multiplayer sessions. However once I quit playing thehunter and turned over the reins to players that were more interested than I was, it was as if, I was the glue that bound it all together and without my constant involvement it died.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

some people jump on and i go and hunt mp with people on there.mainly the crazy fins and danes :D

i wish discord from default when you quit just quit that is a thing especially for new players.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Extort713 wrote:
Thoke2014 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: I can't be reading these types of stories in class

It's mostly because it isn't advertised, if there was something on the launcher about it, or a post that was stickied under the multiplayer thread, then it would do better. It was mentioned in one status update, and on the steam announcements page once, that I assume a large portion of the player base doesn't follow. Also a large majority of player prefer to solo hunt, and most people have their group of friends they play with.

I hosted a discord server with a groups of friends I made on thehunter, over a year ago, and it was a lot more successful than the official one is in pulling in new players. But, that was mostly because I constantly bumping my thread on forums, posted and bumped it on the steam group and would invite random players that joined my multiplayer sessions. However once I quit playing thehunter and turned over the reins to players that were more interested than I was, it was as if, I was the glue that bound it all together and without my constant involvement it died.
It doesn’t have anything to do with few members i think, if i’m not totally wrong i saw Mat mention somewhere that the server had reached 1000 members?

I really can’t answer why people’s interest fell off, as i don’t know why. I’m usually in there when hunting, but won’t be untill next week as my PC got electro shocked, gotta wait till the new one arrives :D

Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Thoke2014 wrote:shoot me a PM if you are on and looking for someone to get on the discord chat!
Thanks. I will, probably try to do so Friday or Saturday night.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

kevin2106 wrote:
I really can’t answer why people’s interest fell off, as i don’t know why.
I cant speak for others but for me I don't get on Discord because its runs counter to my objective while playing. Other games I play online are team based so I spend a great deal of time on Discord or Teamspeak communicating. They are high intensity games (flight sims) so when I play Classic generally my goal is for some relaxing quiet game play. I will try to make it a point to log on Discord next time I am playing to chew the fat with y'all.

kevin2106 wrote:my PC got electro shocked, gotta wait till the new one arrives :D
Thats a bummer but congrats on the new PC! Thats always exciting, its like getting a new girlfriend :lol: :lol: :lol:

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

SoftShoe wrote:Thats always exciting, its like getting a new girlfriend :lol: :lol: :lol:
Only better since the honeymoon period lasts longer!
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

SoftShoe wrote:Thats a bummer but congrats on the new PC! Thats always exciting, its like getting a new girlfriend :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haha :lol:

Couldn’t resist buying it when i saw the specs and the prize.... 1080 GTX, 16 GB ram, and a I7-8700K processor, for about 1200 dollars (really cheap in Norway for a PC like that), just to mention the most important ones. The cabinet also looked amazing with some nice RGB lighting. It was on some sort of jubileum sale, would have cost me about 800-900 dollar more if i’d order it 4 days later

Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

caledonianblues wrote: Only better since the honeymoon period lasts longer!
You might want to refrain from saying "honeymoon" & "period" in the same sentence. :cry:

:lol:
Signature Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”