Tip here your bet about the new animal!

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Re: Tip here your bet about the new animal!

Post by INTIMID883R »

I just hope they have a silencer on them when your not hunting geese. Otherwise, just another reserve ruined with constantly honking geese.
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

INTIMID883R wrote:I just hope they have a silencer on them when your not hunting geese. Otherwise, just another reserve ruined with constantly honking geese.
I agree - Need a moot switch or a designate area for them, something. This is why I was worried where they would go and sure enough, polluting another reserve with bird sht -

Canada geese came along not long after my arrival so I don't remember Hirsch without geese on it but I can imagine it didn't go over all that well.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Although I'm happy we get a new goose, I had hoped to the very end it would be another goose for Hirsch, say greylag or similar.
Won't pass my final judgement before I've tried hunting it tho.

reinholt12
Spotter

Post by reinholt12 »

Radamus wrote:
INTIMID883R wrote:I just hope they have a silencer on them when your not hunting geese. Otherwise, just another reserve ruined with constantly honking geese.
I agree - Need a moot switch or a designate area for them, something. This is why I was worried where they would go and sure enough, polluting another reserve with bird sht -

Canada geese came along not long after my arrival so I don't remember Hirsch without geese on it but I can imagine it didn't go over all that well.
I agree, Hirschfelden was my favourite reserve before the geese were added, now i rarely go there for anything other than when im only hunting geese.
The noice they make is just annoying to me whenever i try to hunt any other animal on the reserve
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

The noise in Hirsch doesn’t bother me much, maybe I’m just used to it so I instinctively kinda channel it out lol. But to be honest, a new bird was really not anything I was looking forward to, especially on Piccabeen. Really have no interest in Magpie Geese, and I can see it now. Hunting them geese and getting stomped by the Water Buffalo in the area. No, this is really not for me, just my personal opinion. I’m sure I’ll kill a few, but have no desire to set up all the decoys and blinds and all that on Piccabeen. I’m happy for the people that wanted them, hope you all really enjoy. And I’m sure EW is gonna do a great job on them. I’m just not really interested in them.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Magpie Geese has taken the ticket,..
although I was hoping for Croc's, but I guess you have to think out of the box sometimes,..
and it sure was a surprise in a place like PB,
but I guess I'm always surprised how it hasn't none of my expectations......... :lol:
Hope everybody enjoys them.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Wish they could just make the noise in Hirsch and, soon to be, PB a little... Less...
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Chuck and Gas, I hear you guys and feel kind of the same but something I also noticed is- I'm sounding a lot like the grumpy old guys that were here for a few years when I showed up :lol: ... I guess it's part of the progression. I really got into the geese when they came out because I could hit the damn things finally! where with ducks, I couldn't hit crap- But then after seeing the growth, and those damn flying rodents and what they did to my Hemm and VDB (My first new reserve) I can only reflect on what geese did to Hirsch and how that stained what was known as normal prior. The people who follow us won't know PB or any of the other places any different than they experience them today so we're the ones who have to adjust.

From a monetization pov, pretty good move. They've maximized their opportunities with a new species and roi so yeah, good move in that light. I myself will go after them, drop the coin on the stuff I'll have to have cause I like geese. It is what it is, but this was kind of a softball that didn't take a lot of effort, it's still inside the box. So, we'll move along and see how they progress and hope they find some creative juice that will impress the grumpy old crowd :lol: ~ I'm really happy with one of the best things to ever come out of Stockholm with the preset loadouts- I'd rather buy stuff like that than more decoys I tell ya, it's sped up my gameplay and it's everything I hoped it would be. I don't know what the metrics are on that feature, but for me, it's one of the best thing's Alena ever pulled out of the crew.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Totally agree. There are so many other critters I would've liked to have seen added. Keep the Geese, Duck, and other barn animals in the barn! :| Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Well, I haven't been here as long as you guys, therefore I always sharpen my ears when you're writing stuff (regarding this thread, read: BCKidd, Radamus, Gas56, BnB, INTIMID883R - to name a few).

I started playing this game together with a friend, from around Christmas time of 2016. We played Hemmeldal a lot. Couldn't stand the noise of the Ptarmigans in the end so we moved to set up different reserves.
I had a descent build at VdB which we played a lot too. Until we descided to go get the climbing gear and see what all the fuzz was about with the Ibex, they looked cool with their delightful horns!

Said and done.

Didn't take too long before we let the Climbing Ropes, the Screwgate carabiners and the Climbing Harnesses just sitting there, rust and collect dust.

Then my friend came up with this glorious idea to build Hirschfelden, All in. And I compensated by building a setup in the Bayou. Win win, we thougt. He had Hirsch, I had Bayou.

We stopped playing there too. Again the noise was the reason.

There's no need, in my mind, for a great amount of noise all the time in those reserves. When standing there in the blindfowl and waterfowl, honking geese along with 2 persons blowing the callers and flapping the flag (like crazy) makes quite a lot of noise - add to that that in Bayou there's even more callers.

When shooting geese or ducks, the noise they make shows you: 1. They're coming. 2. The direction they're coming from. Finally. 3. The disco from Ibiza begins.
When hunting them you have your focus on the sky anyway. No need for all the noise. It could get tweaked so it doesn't bother other players without destroying the game play.

Just make them sound a bit less and not as constant as it is today. Cool them down guys (EW). Should be easy, right?

Return to “General Chat”