Tip here your bet about the new animal!

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Wetrocky45
Spotter

Re: Tip here your bet about the new animal!

Post by Wetrocky45 »

D3AKUs wrote:Itll be a predator. The clue is intended to confuse everyone, if they post the full pic to solve it itll surely be a cat species or something else holding a dead bird in its mouth ! :D

Edit ah okay no lel i didnt read that TK said it IS actually from the animal... mmmh then i dont know. Maybe a chicken. And u can sell your harvested ones to kfc for some extra gm$
Sadly it's not a predator. They have said it's 100% a bird.

i5 6500 | GTX 1060 3GB mini | 8GB DDR4 |Nothing special
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

It's a prairie chicken going on BRR! That would be a good place to hunt birds so you could at least see the damn things. Or a grouse on BRR, that could be cool too- They could reduce pig and goat spawns for it and wouldn't break my heart one damn bit.

If you haven't hunted quail before, or grouse, either of them could be cool, I grew up hunting them and grouse (ruffed) was probably my favorite because they were pretty easy to hit, but would scare the bejeezus out of you when they flushed because of all the noise they made.
It's also pretty cool to hear grouse in the wild flapping their breasts. I encourage anyone who doesn't know about how they do that check em out, they are quite unique in nature.
Quail on the other hand, and it's quite possible it is quail from the coloring, those would always scare the snot out of me as a kid. we never hunted with dogs so stomping the bushes was the tactic. YOu almost had to step on them to flush and man, birds go flying in all directions like little rockets going everywhere, fast and noisy and confusing you on which one to aim on. At 6-7 years old all I had was a single barrel so I was usually the first pop and I was done rarely hitting anything and dad, grand dad and uncle would be unloading their autoloaders and then it was my job to be the retriever if I missed, which I mostly missed.....come to think of it, I didn't like quail hunting so much now that I think about it :lol: They sent me through the briars and bushes like I was a dog - and I recall a lot of joking and laughing while they were taking a beer break - tough love man, nothing like it ;)
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Idk if can fit or not but i hope its another kind of goose for Hirsch, sure the noise can be annoying when you are hunting something else, but compared to ducks in RB it seems like there is few flocks of birds flying in Hirsch, and that seem independent of the setup location... and i prefer another waterfowling bird for my shotguns than a another ptarmigan placeholder any day.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
erihras55
Spotter

Post by erihras55 »

I think the new animal is a SWAN.
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

well, it is obviously not a mammal.
there are too many bird species though that could be implemented.
i am just going for the velocirapter :D

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Partridge:

Spoiler:

Wetrocky45
Spotter

Post by Wetrocky45 »

it's actually kinda scaring me seems like we have to get another annoying ptarmigan type birds. Or a picaboobean bay what ever bird lol. I'd rather get a larger bird, again rather than a placeholder. I rarely hunt picabeanboo bay, just a REALLY bad map, as well as animals. So i'd rather hunt other things.

i5 6500 | GTX 1060 3GB mini | 8GB DDR4 |Nothing special
srb2012
Spotter

Post by srb2012 »

cassowary
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

So we got the following so far:

Quail
Snipe
Tropical bird
Australian hard-head duck
Snow goose
Ruffed grouse
Goose
Prairie chicken
Red-legged partridge
Partridge
Hoatzin
Sage grouse
Cassowary
Wood duck

And of course we have this ones:

Velociraptor
Seagull
Duck billed platypus
Dove
”Feral” chicken
Swan
Owlman
Last edited by Generalkommendant on April 8th, 2018, 10:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Even the raptor would be better than any bird added. :P
Now offline. Forever.

Return to “General Chat”