9.3x74R O/U Break Action Rifle - Feedback

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Re: 9.3x74R O/U Break Action Rifle - Feedback

Post by Generalkommendant »

L3M182 wrote:Well it’s catch 22 now isn’t it really, I think we can all agree some permitted lists arnt ideal and some of the older rifles have very odd permitted lists. However new rifles need to be balanced against these and if they decided enough was enough and a rebalance and overhaul of the entire roster of permitted lists inevitabley the complaints of “I bought this gun for this reason and now it can’t do it. I want my money back” would flood in. Remember the drama surrounding the 357 for geese getting scraped once the grasshopper got released. A single species on a single outdated handgun and it caused mayhem
Catch 22 indeed. I can get that it would have been a mayhem if they changed the current old ones. And I can buy that the 9.3x74R won't be permitted for Coyote becuase of its advantage at the other end of the list.
What I can't get is the .30R. That's the real catch here. Can't go for Bison/Banteng but not also Coyote. That's a tough riddle to solve when looking at its competitors in store.

If they thought that enough was enough but decided that "we can't change the old ones", then I think they made a too hefty turn. Prime example below:

Rifle: 7mm Magnum Bullpop
Weight: 3
Ammo weight: 0.4
Scopes: Red dot, 2-6x26, 3-9x40, 12x50
Magazine: 5 rounds
Power/Penetration: Very good
Permitted species: Coyote to Bison/Banteng
Price w/o scope: 600 em$

Rifle: 7x64mm Bolt Action Rifle
Weight: 4
Ammo weight: 0.65
Scopes: 1.1-8x30
Magazine: 5 rounds
Power/Penetration: Weak sauce
Permitted species: Same as the Bullpop except Bison/Banteng
Price w/o scope: 600 em$

The Bullpop has many competitors in store whereas the 7x64mm is completely overrun so not worth mentioning further more imo.
The 9.3x74R can stand a chance when comparing thanks to its permission for Water Buffalo for the cost of the Coyote. But it got a scope not everyone are happy with and either way it's only x8 zoom.
The .30R stands out here. It's allowed for 3 species less compared to its competitors in store (and there are seven different ones if them). Actually it's allowed for less than the 7x64mm too.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

agreed. but if you go way back to bullpup launch and read the game update and topics surounding it you will see i protested at the time that it was going to outclass other rifles.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Well, well, well.............. :lol:
So what does everyone think of the 9.3x74R??? A lot of things were said very fast after this thread started.
it's taken me a few days shootin' the gun, I should say killin' animals with it, and I'm not completely finished judging the rifle as of yet.
What I can say is so far I like it for the most part.
Once you learn all of it's quarks than I guess I could give it a full review.
But so far........
The gun has the power to kill anything, if you can see it through the scope and get a good aim on it.
At 100 meters it performs really great,.... at 200 meters it could perform really great with a better scope.
The deer species, even Elk & Sambar go down,... even if they run 30-50 meters afterwards.
Medium deer react the same but even at longer distances, but I had a coyote I had to shoot twice finally go down.. maybe that's why it's not allowed for coyotes, or I tried to shoot it too far away.
The bigger the game animal the easier it is to hit the vital spots with this rifle and that comes back to having a better scope to do that job.
I compared the recoil, & shot sound to IRL sound & recoil of the rifle,.. and it could use just a tad faster & higher recoil & & just a tad bit louder shot sound, but I don't think
that would make the gun perform any better than it already does.
As far as a follow-up shot,.. it can be as fast as you want it, it's right there!
Comparing rifles for what species is allowed is always easier said than done, and I can remember when I bought the lever action 30-06,
it took a while to grow on me,.. but I am still very fond of using that rifle still today after learning what I was capable & comfortable hunting with that rifle.
So what else do I got to say about this rifle,...............
I like the way it looks, but hell I bought the bull-pup and if it shoots good I can get over the way any gun looks.
Well, I'm going hunting again with it,... I have the worst luck playing comps looking for big animals.
I have much better luck if I'm just out there fooling around looking for nothing,.. and that's more fun for me....
cuz I get to shoot more animals ;)

P.S. that reminds me,... with this being only a two shell rifle,.. pick your shots wisely, there may be another bigger trophy animal right behind the tree....
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

@ gas.
Interesting you should mention the lever action 30.06. It also has an 8 power scope but because it has a much finer reticle than the new 7x64 it is a far easier rifle to use at longer ranges.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

DanthemanBoone wrote:@ gas.
Interesting you should mention the lever action 30.06. It also has an 8 power scope but because it has a much finer reticle than the new 7x64 it is a far easier rifle to use at longer ranges.
Ain't it though... ;)
ballester_molina
Spotter

Post by ballester_molina »

I think developers just copy and paste all parameters from the .30R rifle including reloading animations and sounds. That's why coyote is not on the list. And i really don't like 3D model of the wooden fore-end. On the .30R rifle they hided this drawback(where wood meets reciever), so it looks nice.Why they didn't do it the same way on the 9.3x74 - I don't understand.It looks ugly.

And it sounds like the .30R.It remids me shot from a spring-piston airgun :(.
strandjutter
Scout

Post by strandjutter »

ballester_molina wrote:And it sounds like the .30R.It remids me shot from a spring-piston airgun :(.
Must have been one hell of a bad spring-piston airgun. :lol: :lol:

ballester_molina
Spotter

Post by ballester_molina »

strandjutter wrote:
ballester_molina wrote:And it sounds like the .30R.It remids me shot from a spring-piston airgun :(.
Must have been one hell of a bad spring-piston airgun. :lol: :lol:
Well,you know, so called "diesel effect" in spring-piston air rifle. .30R and 9.3x74 sounds like they have springs inside, which vibrates during the shot like in low priced or worn up air rifle.
Schrider

Post by Schrider »

I personaly love the sound of this rifle - it's very thumpy, sounds very much like a .375 H&H or 38-56, has that long drawn out sound of a long case with alot of slow burning powder - and it's fantastic
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

J_Birdman wrote:
L3M182 wrote:Yeah I suppose your right. It’s just so toxic in here. Haven’t seen it this bad since the WRR release era.

No smoke without Fire I guess
I'm sorry but I feel I must say that I do not see or agree with there being anything toxic in this thread.. Unless you're talking about flatulence of course.. :P
supercelldrw wrote:Might as well change the sound to a farting sound :lol: :lol:
Seriously though, I think this thread is pretty darn chill and informative in fulfilling TreeKiwi's request.
OldMM1966 wrote:
Generalkommendant wrote: So they finally changed the permitted species list to add some consistency. At the last day. Well, if the .30 R couldn't get permitted for neither bison or coyote then the 9.3x74 definately shouldn't be able to shoot coyotes.
Now they just have to cross coyotes from the permitted species list regarding the following rounds: The .300, the 7mm, the 8x57IS and the 9.3x62. All of these can shoot bison and also coyotes - which I guess they shouldn't be able to if there were any kind of sense to it.
Coyotes are considered a nuisance species, many areas in the U.S. have offered bounties on them due to overpopulation and the threat they present to livestock and game animals. Doesn't matter how you killed it, as long as it is dead you collect the bounty.
Coyotes should be permitted species for any weapon that will kill it.
THIS. They are indeed a nuisance species and this is the way I have viewed the yotes' rather long permitted weapons list since first playing the game. I've seen so many ballistics discussions and comparisons to the coyote's weapon list, but I never see this factor taken into account ..until now, thanks to OldMM1966. I think it would be more logical to remove coyotes from just about every weapon power/permitted species discussion and comparison for this reason. I truly think that EW has intentionally been more liberal with coyotes in regards to the weapons permitted to hunt them, rightfully, due their nuisance "status" and the realism/laws on how they may be killed.
It was joke bout farting lol
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”