9.3x74R O/U Break Action Rifle - Feedback

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Griph
Spotter

Re: 9.3x74R O/U Break Action Rifle - Feedback

Post by Griph »

I don’t think anyone is saying every scope should fit it. But why in the world wouldn’t the 30R scope fit it?
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Griph wrote:I don’t think anyone is saying every scope should fit it. But why in the world wouldn’t the 30R scope fit it?
$$$
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BuckWill
Spotter

Post by BuckWill »

Love the rifle but why not the same sound as the 9.3x62mm? They are basically ballistic twins though the 62 does operate at higher pressures.I fell in love with that deep boom from the 62 even if the standard models stock makes me physically ill. Anyways the 74mm seems to have less sway and is more accurate.im sure that’s to balance out the rifles because of the 5-2 capacity difference,but I personally prefer the instant follow up especially on the biggest game. Makes tracking a bit easier!

Overall love the rifle but please release a premium model with a dark walnut stock and a darker receiver,ooh maybe case color hardened! The .30 R is still my favorite overall but the 9.7x74mm is another winner and well worth the cost. Now how about a SxS in .375 Flanged or a .450/400 NE? Keep up the great work!
BuckWill
Spotter

Post by BuckWill »

Griph wrote:As to toxicity, I find little to none on this forum. You want toxicity, I can recommend plenty of forums for you...

As to coyotes, despite the label IRL, they are not a “pest that destroys the ecosystem” either. Hogs deserve that label, perhaps. Speaking as a sheep rancher, I can testify to their predation and threat to agriculture business, but they eat a LOT more rodents than they do sheep. Ecosystems would fare much worse without them.

Of course, this is beside the point for the sim. The species list and even scope selections are clearly aimed with an eye more to “balance” and revenue than to logic.
True about coyotes not destroying the eco system,but where I live if they let them get out of control they put a huge dent in the deer population especially the fawns. So they hire trappers to cut the numbers down but a lot of people shoot them on sight while pheasant and deer hunting. Another negative is the spread of mange which spreads a lot quicker the higher the population. Just like any species they need to be controlled or the will create an imbalance in other species and spread diseases.

We don’t have hogs but they definitely destroy the ecosystem,they dig up roots killing off the plants and the population grows extremely fast.without predators to control them they have gotten out of hand and are spreading further north in the USA. Why do people introduce invasive species such as hogs,snakeheads and Asian carp I’ll never know.
Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

I don't think hogs are an invasive species. Just a species out of control, in part because people kill their predators, like coyotes. :-) We have a lot of them around me, and they can cause quite a bit of vegetation destruction. Easy to spot where they've been.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Griph wrote:I don't think hogs are an invasive species. Just a species out of control, in part because people kill their predators, like coyotes. :-) We have a lot of them around me, and they can cause quite a bit of vegetation destruction. Easy to spot where they've been.
If you're talking about the U.S., they are not native to North America, so are feral and invasive.
Personal Bests...
Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

They are feral, but not invasive, I’d say, using the standard meanings of these terms. Peccaries (javalina) are native to the Americas. Old world pigs were brought as livestock and have gone feral. Invasive species are species that have been brought un-intentionally, for the most part, and have spread overtaking and displacing native populations, and having a large adverse effect on the environment, which hogs haven’t done. They are a pest, for sure. And they do some damage; but they are not really harmful to the environment or ecosystem. No more so than deer when populations get too large. I was being generous when I said hogs may perhaps deserve the label. Like I said, I see plenty on my land. I see their rub spots and dig spots. The damage they do isn’t lasting, and they don’t really compete with my livestock for browse.

Again, all of this is really beside the point. I’m just overmuch a stickler with labels and averse to justifications. Shoot coyotes and hogs if you want to in RL. The laws allow it. I certainly shoot coyotes that prey on my sheep. And I’ve shot the occasional hog to put in my freezer. Just don’t pretend either is some dangerous species we need to shoot to prevent Armageddon. :-)

Coyotes, at least, get controlled just fine in natural ecosystems. Spreading, as they have, into pretty much every habitat in the US, including large urban areas, is a combination of their adaptability, the destruction of most wolf populations, and our own habits making rodent populations plentiful. Certainly has an effect on some livestock and pets, but doesn’t really threaten any ecosystem. They certainly damage my bottom line! But I have a significant, if grudging, respect for their smarts.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread on a new gun....
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

As far as I know they have always been and still are a invasive species.

According to the United States Department of Agriculture. They are indeed invasive.
https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ourfoc ... eral-swine
What are Feral Swine
Feral swine are the same species, Sus scrofa, as pigs that are found on farms. Feral swine are descendants of escaped or released pigs. Feral swine are called by many names including; wild boar, wild hog, razorback, piney woods rooter, and Russian or Eurasian boar. No matter the name they are a dangerous, destructive, invasive species
Spoiler:
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

RidgeBack69 wrote:As far as I know they have always been and still are a invasive species.

According to the United States Department of Agriculture. They are indeed invasive.
What are Feral Swine
Feral swine are the same species, Sus scrofa, as pigs that are found on farms. Feral swine are descendants of escaped or released pigs. Feral swine are called by many names including; wild boar, wild hog, razorback, piney woods rooter, and Russian or Eurasian boar. No matter the name they are a dangerous, destructive, invasive species
Couldn't get more clearly stated. :lol:
What do they say about coyotes?
(Could of course look it up myself but you seem to have your browser targeted).
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Generalkommendant wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:As far as I know they have always been and still are a invasive species.

What are Feral Swine
Couldn't get more clearly stated. :lol:
What do they say about coyotes?
(Could of course look it up myself but you seem to have your browser targeted).
LOL no not really. I just needed to know if I was wrong all these years. Yotes are native to the US so I would a nuisance but not invasive
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”