9.3x74R O/U Break Action Rifle - Feedback

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Re: 9.3x74R O/U Break Action Rifle - Feedback

Post by Generalkommendant »

OldMM1966 wrote:I agree that it makes no sense, but rather than removing yotes as a permitted species for higher powered weapons they should be added to the list for the .30R, 9.3x74R, and .45-70.
I would definitely not object to that. I'm puzzled of why they've drawn the line at coyotes especially (?).
OldMM1966
Scout

Post by OldMM1966 »

Generalkommendant wrote:
OldMM1966 wrote:I agree that it makes no sense, but rather than removing yotes as a permitted species for higher powered weapons they should be added to the list for the .30R, 9.3x74R, and .45-70.
I would definitely not object to that. I'm puzzled of why they've drawn the line at coyotes especially (?).
Legal weapons for Coyote where I live, the state of Ohio: Longbow or Bow: This would include compound bows and recurve bows. Crossbow. Handgun: Any caliber. Rife: Any caliber. Shotgun: 10 guage or smaller shotgun. Airgun.
This is getting off-topic, maybe someone should start a new thread or move this portion of the discussion to a new thread ??
INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

We should be able to use all scopes......not just the one we must buy...........Sad only one scope fits this rifle
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

You do however need to take into account it’s a game, the coyote Isnt a pest species in the EHR and it’s not destroying the eco system it’s a trophy animal just like every other species. And you must look st t from a business point of view it’s tryinto create game balance and they want you to buy other items a one stop shop rifle would be bad for balance and buisness
Generalkommendant
Hunter

L3M182 wrote:You do however need to take into account it’s a game, the coyote Isnt a pest species in the EHR and it’s not destroying the eco system it’s a trophy animal just like every other species. And you must look st t from a business point of view it’s tryinto create game balance and they want you to buy other items a one stop shop rifle would be bad for balance and buisness
Of course. But they didn't think about this when creating the other seven different rifles (two 7mm, two .300, two 8x57IS and one 9.3x62, not counting different skins and premium versions). They already have so called "one stop shop rifles". In particular the Bullpop which is much debated considering available scopes, permitted list, weight, ammo weight and magazine capacity. The only drawback is the look of it.
Why start now? Where's the red line here? Isn't there suppose to be a balance in between the rifles?
A new player going to the shop comparing wouldn't end up with the .30R or the new 9.3x74R. Only players which already have them "all", generally.
I think it's hard to wave it off as "meh".
Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

As to toxicity, I find little to none on this forum. You want toxicity, I can recommend plenty of forums for you...

As to coyotes, despite the label IRL, they are not a “pest that destroys the ecosystem” either. Hogs deserve that label, perhaps. Speaking as a sheep rancher, I can testify to their predation and threat to agriculture business, but they eat a LOT more rodents than they do sheep. Ecosystems would fare much worse without them.

Of course, this is beside the point for the sim. The species list and even scope selections are clearly aimed with an eye more to “balance” and revenue than to logic.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

if you make a rifle that kills every animal and every scope fits it there would be no point in anything else.i do wish those the last two rifles had different scopes.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

ronMctube wrote:if you make a rifle that kills every animal and every scope fits it there would be no point in anything else.i do wish those the last two rifles had different scopes.
Agreed! I hope that EW would at least make another scope that is exclusively for them as the one now is lacking.
Spoiler:
Generalkommendant
Hunter

ronMctube wrote:if you make a rifle that kills every animal and every scope fits it there would be no point in anything else.i do wish those the last two rifles had different scopes.
Like the Bullpop? Or the .300? Or the 8x57 Anschütz? Or the Stambecco? Or the 9.3x62 Anschütz? The KAR?
You catch my drift here. It has worked before.
Why exclude the .30R and the 9.3x74R from that club? I can understand the 9.3 in a game balancing sense since it's permitted for more at the upper scale but for the .30R? Too weak for Bison and too strong for Coyote? Ehm?
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Well it’s catch 22 now isn’t it really, I think we can all agree some permitted lists arnt ideal and some of the older rifles have very odd permitted lists. However new rifles need to be balanced against these and if they decided enough was enough and a rebalance and overhaul of the entire roster of permitted lists inevitabley the complaints of “I bought this gun for this reason and now it can’t do it. I want my money back” would flood in. Remember the drama surrounding the 357 for geese getting scraped once the grasshopper got released. A single species on a single outdated handgun and it caused mayhem

Return to “General Chat”