9.3x74R O/U Break Action Rifle - Feedback

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
gas56
Outfitter

Re: 9.3x74R O/U Break Action Rifle - Feedback

Post by gas56 »

Everything duly noted, from yotes to hogs,.. now back to the guns.............. :lol:
The scope IMO was a pre-advertised item with the 7x64,... and killing two birds with one stone as I got both rifles and knew ahead they used the same scope.
One thing I've really noticed with the 9.3x74R is the higher the skill level the more I like this gun, because when I hold this gun steady, getting prone with it really helps,
I can drop animals out to 200 yards, and I don't think it was the scope holding me back with the accuracy when I first started shooting it.
I am only at level 5 with the rifle, but it is a great improvement from the beginning, and a positive expectation of what this rifle will do when I really get it leveled up even more.
This is what the rifle sounds like.... and check out the kick it has..........enjoy :)
Hope it could be changed to sound like this........... ;)
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

gas56 wrote:Everything duly noted, from yotes to hogs,.. now back to the guns.............. :lol:
The scope IMO was a pre-advertised item with the 7x64,... and killing two birds with one stone as I got both rifles and knew ahead they used the same scope.
One thing I've really noticed with the 9.3x74R is the higher the skill level the more I like this gun, because when I hold this gun steady, getting prone with it really helps,
I can drop animals out to 200 yards, and I don't think it was the scope holding me back with the accuracy when I first started shooting it.
I am only at level 5 with the rifle, but it is a great improvement from the beginning, and a positive expectation of what this rifle will do when I really get it leveled up even more.
This is what the rifle sounds like.... and check out the kick it has..........enjoy :)

fired one 2 weeks ago. its not that loud of a rifle. well not as loud as in that video but still louder than it is in game but it does kick :D
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

gas56 wrote:This is what the rifle sounds like.... and check out the kick it has..........enjoy :)
That sound sounds better imo. I've also seen that clip (the whole clip). I don't have any issues with the sound of the gun in-game but the "IRL sound" has a way better tickling sensation to it. The more you play that clip the more differences you experience with the in-game version.
I get penetration, altough a considerable bullet drop, between 200-250m on Brown Bear. However, it is kind of a challange (or gambling :lol: ) since those shots are made while crouching. And the scope doesn't excel at all at those distances.
With that said. I like it too. But after listening about 10-15 times from that clip - I do think they could tweak it a little. Some more tickling between my legs while firing wouldn't hurt.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

L3M182 wrote:fired one 2 weeks ago. its not that loud of a rifle. well not as loud as in that video but still louder than it is in game but it does kick :D
That is a clear recording of what it sounds like, although you might have to adjust the volume down for loudness.
Especially going on the internet finding a professional sound recorded video isn't as easily done, as you know... :)
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

I've put a few rounds through this rifle now. Very capable. Sound is ok (still love the sound of my .300 the best ;)). Need another scope though. Can't stand that illuminated reticle :(
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

gas56 wrote:
L3M182 wrote:fired one 2 weeks ago. its not that loud of a rifle. well not as loud as in that video but still louder than it is in game but it does kick :D
That is a clear recording of what it sounds like, although you might have to adjust the volume down for loudness.
Especially going on the internet finding a professional sound recorded video isn't as easily done, as you know... :)

I’ve got it on video but not sure how to upload it. Dave also has it I’m sure he’d do me the pleasure
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

So, just for clarification for a new player like myself,

doesnt the 9.3x74R O/U Break Action Rifle permitted species list make the .30 R O/U Break Action Rifle completely useless now?

I mean the .30 is my fav gun but the 9.3 offers a wider range. Same mechanic.

Any thoughts?
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

rhapsodaisical wrote:So, just for clarification for a new player like myself,

doesnt the 9.3x74R O/U Break Action Rifle permitted species list make the .30 R O/U Break Action Rifle completely useless now?

Any thoughts?
The 9.3x74 is the only rifle that you can use on every animal in peekaboo bay. until the geese are released. for me the .30r still has it's place.
Spoiler:
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

I feel that they're equally as powerful. From my experience shooting a lot of bears with them both (9.3x74R and .30R).

Edit: The .30R is actually more powerful and effective at range whereas the 9.3x74R has a lot of wounding power, but not as great penetration as the .30R.
Last edited by Generalkommendant on April 21st, 2018, 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ringolf
Spotter

Post by Ringolf »

rhapsodaisical wrote:So, just for clarification for a new player like myself,

Any thoughts?
Well, the .30R still takes more scopes, and many people (though not me) don't like the illiminated reticle of the 1.1-8x30.

Return to “General Chat”