theHunter weapons and their examples

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: theHunter weapons and their examples

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Wow, some pretty amazing stuff in here. To the OP. Unless they have an agreement with the manufacturer, I don't think EW can make exact copies of weapons from IRL. There are some in the game. The 10 pt Fusion Xbow is one. There are others, but not being a weapons expert, I don't know which ones.
Last edited by stancomputerhunter on March 26th, 2018, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Lets not forget the "Heavy Recurve" is based on Instinctive Archers handmade bow we followed along with as he documented his building of it from start to finish a couple years ago- There's only one ever made yet everyone gets to enjoy it in-game :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Ringolf
Spotter

Post by Ringolf »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Wow, some pretty amazing stuff in here. To the OP. Unless they have an agreement with the manufacturer, I don't think EW can make exact copies of weapons from IRL. There are some in the game. The 10 pt Fusion Xbow is one. There are others, but not being a weapons expert, I don't know which ones.
I wonder why they started with a few licenced weapons by Blaser and Anschütz, and then suddenly stopped. Seeing that there are many real life hunters playing the game, you would assume this would be a pretty good deal for both EW and the manufacturer. This sets this genre apart, I think, because you actually have some potential customers playing, unlike in most regular first-person-shooters.

Well, they will have their reasons. But it is interesting to see how closely they can get with the models towards the real guns.
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

The .17HMR is a Henry Varmint Express, though.
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Ringolf wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:Wow, some pretty amazing stuff in here. To the OP. Unless they have an agreement with the manufacturer, I don't think EW can make exact copies of weapons from IRL. There are some in the game. The 10 pt Fusion Xbow is one. There are others, but not being a weapons expert, I don't know which ones.
I wonder why they started with a few licenced weapons by Blaser and Anschütz, and then suddenly stopped. Seeing that there are many real life hunters playing the game, you would assume this would be a pretty good deal for both EW and the manufacturer. This sets this genre apart, I think, because you actually have some potential customers playing, unlike in most regular first-person-shooters.

Well, they will have their reasons. But it is interesting to see how closely they can get with the models towards the real guns.

Well at first when some of the licensed weapons were added there was nowhere the amount of weapons that we have today, by example when Parker Python bow was added the only other compound was the Snakebite, so there were not to much conflict but if you want today add a licensed lets say a compound Hoyt, it would cause some conflict of interest between both company wanting their product being the better one, and probably others licensed weapons would want be represented in-game as better than the others, or exclusivity, etc, so its more easy just make a lot "imitation" weapons that look like but are not from some company, so you got a lot more freedom to work on how it will be in game, and how many version you can do, etc.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Radamus wrote:Lets not forget the "Heavy Recurve" is based on Instinctive Archers handmade bow we followed along with as he documented his building of it from start to finish a couple years ago- There's only one ever made yet everyone gets to enjoy it in-game :D
I'm still waiting on the royalties to start rolling in :lol:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:
Radamus wrote:Lets not forget the "Heavy Recurve" is based on Instinctive Archers handmade bow we followed along with as he documented his building of it from start to finish a couple years ago- There's only one ever made yet everyone gets to enjoy it in-game :D
Here's one. Great bow IA..thanks! (that and $7 will get you a cup of Starbucks! :lol: )

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:
Love the bow. Great job on it. I can't wait until you have another bow for us.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

SoftShoe wrote: The 44 Magnum is a S&W 629 Performance Center Hunter

The 44 Revolver is a Ruger Super Redhawk
The in-game black .44 is suppose to be magnum, yet it is using the same round as the silver .44. EW needs to make .44 magnum ammo with its own ballistics for the black .44 custom.
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

My dream rifle :D chambered in 9.3x62 Mauser
Going for $13,000.00 at a local gun shop..
about $12,000 out if my price range

https://ellwoodepps.com/serengeti-african-106163.html

Maybe a premium looking like this for the Stutzen in the future ?? or a totally diffrent rifle that looks like this maybe also chambered in 9.3x62 ??
Nathan22Outdoors

Return to “General Chat”