In your opinion guys...[most powerful/versatile rifles]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: In your opinion guys...[most powerful/versatile rifles]

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: Generalkommendant ... Yes, the 30R is very good also , but i never had to shoot two quick time with it so far , so feels like this option is useless for me .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

DYEUZ wrote::arrow: Generalkommendant ... Yes, the 30R is very good also , but i never had to shoot two quick time with it so far , so feels like this option is useless for me .
Yeah I feel you. It's not necessary with this one. The animals drop even if you get a bad hit (body shot). That's the downside of it not being permitted for Bison, Banteng and Water Buffalo. Even though it would do the job just fine (I know, I've tried). Then the second shot would've come to use better!
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

CapnQuint wrote:I'm a big fan of the 9.3x62 Anschutz. It has a really good range of animals and it always gets the job done. The slow muzzle velocity and bullet drop can be hard to deal with (it's pretty extreme in this rifle) but it alcualy makes it more fun to use and the damage makes up for it.

I have the engraved variant and just look at, it's got to be the bast looking rifle in the game (for me at least).
Hmmm I think I will have to buy this then! I like the idea of having to compensate for drop. I almost bought this when I got my 7mm but thought it was prettier :D

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

I'd go with the .300 mag even being a single shot (which I don't like) as it performed well putting down a lot of game and even the Sambars when they first were released.
But now I'm waiting on the 9.3x74R,... even if this doesn't pertain to a lot of versatility,..
I should go on strike buying new guns until it comes out.
But I am dredgefully considering buying the 7x64 just for the competition that's now on............
That's a lot of Antlers to shoot!............... :D
And who wants to pass up on that!
Ringolf
Spotter

Re: In your opinion guys...

Post by Ringolf »

CapnQuint wrote:
SoftShoe wrote:
Generalkommendant wrote: And then we also have the never ending issue of it being a single shot bolt. Which indeed is odd.
I never stopped to think about it but you are right. With the exception of some 22LR target rifles I dont think I have ever encountered a single shot bolt action rifle in my life.
I have heard that in Europe that single shot bolt actions are common because of stricter gun laws. Don't quote me on that though, I'm not at all sure.
Well, I don't know for the rest of Europe, but at least for Germany this is not the case. Only Semi-Automatic rifles are limited in their magazine capacity.
The only single-shot rifles that are common are break-action ones and combination guns (if you only count the rifled barrel, that is).
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

CapnQuint wrote: Image

Just got this & took my 1st deer. LOVE this gun! Looks, sounds & animations are all great!

I also bought the 6.5x55 that is on sale. That is a great little rifle too & has an awesome 1/4 bore sound.

Generalkommendant
Hunter

Re: In your opinion guys...

Post by Generalkommendant »

Ringolf wrote:
CapnQuint wrote:
SoftShoe wrote:
I never stopped to think about it but you are right. With the exception of some 22LR target rifles I dont think I have ever encountered a single shot bolt action rifle in my life.
I have heard that in Europe that single shot bolt actions are common because of stricter gun laws. Don't quote me on that though, I'm not at all sure.
Well, I don't know for the rest of Europe, but at least for Germany this is not the case. Only Semi-Automatic rifles are limited in their magazine capacity.
The only single-shot rifles that are common are break-action ones and combination guns (if you only count the rifled barrel, that is).
That's true. In Sweden it's the same. I do not know for certain but many rules are the same in cases such as this within the whole of the EU it seems.
SoftShoe wrote:I also bought the 6.5x55 that is on sale. That is a great little rifle too & has an awesome 1/4 bore sound.
Nice! I think that the 9.3 has the best sound in the entire game. And the Blaser R8 is a real beauty. Maybe the best looking one?
CapnQuint
Tracker

Post by CapnQuint »

SoftShoe wrote:
CapnQuint wrote:I'm a big fan of the 9.3x62 Anschutz. It has a really good range of animals and it always gets the job done. The slow muzzle velocity and bullet drop can be hard to deal with (it's pretty extreme in this rifle) but it alcualy makes it more fun to use and the damage makes up for it.

I have the engraved variant and just look at, it's got to be the bast looking rifle in the game (for me at least).
Hmmm I think I will have to buy this then! I like the idea of having to compensate for drop. I almost bought this when I got my 7mm but thought it was prettier :D
Might I suggest the "red feather falls, gentleman's load-out." It comes with the premium version (that looks way, way, better than the standard), and it comes with the premium .308 handgun. It's how I got mine and I love that load-out as well.
CapnQuint
Tracker

Post by CapnQuint »

Generalkommendant wrote:

I think it's lacking penetration. I put it out on the range yesterday in RFF and shot the 80m moose decoy. Only got single lung. But I guess that's enough because the wounding power of this beast is huge. And it sounds great. Like a cannon. Lucky you who owns the premium one. That one looks great. The other one, not so much! :lol: The bullet drop is noticable indeed, and you're right, it gives the rifle some personality.

Edit: I'll take that back. It's only when you hit the shoulder blade it becomes a single lung hit.
Yeah, I'll have to agree the standard variant of the weapon isn't exactly visually pleasing.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Hands down, the .300 - never have to worry about a second shot.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “General Chat”