New 7x64 bolt action rifle

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
muldo
Outfitter

Re: New 7x64 bolt action rifle

Post by muldo »

As noted in the update thread, this cartridge is the problem for me with this rifle. It is poor beyond 50m and seems much less powerful than the .308. No issues with the scope, I like the 2-6x26 as well. Please upgrade the performance of the cartridge or this rifle will stay on the shelf.
Zarpa
Tracker

Post by Zarpa »

This gun is on par with the .308 in terms of power (being the .308 better in long ranges). The max distance I've got a lung shot on Wild Boars is 160m.
For double lung I guess the max distance is somewhere between 80-100m on pigs.

Anyways the model is amazing and I like the scope too. But I hope we can have more scope options for it in the future.
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

My yellow sunglasses w/ my 2-10x42 or 3-9x40mm Anschütz Rifle Scope is plenty illumination for darker areas.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

ronMctube wrote:maybe i will win one today in the live stream who knows ? :D
Or maybe here :)
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

power is kinda low but that makes it fun for bigger animals, sound is a 12/10 they are amazing
Nathan22Outdoors
BuckWill
Spotter

Post by BuckWill »

Generalkommendant wrote:
BuckWill wrote:
DiomedesDK wrote:https://www.thehunter.com/#store/item/849

There is a new rifle in the store! A beautiful bolt action rifle chambered in the classic european 7x64 caliber.
It looks like it is based of a Sauer 404.

THe only scope available for it at the moment is the 1,1-8x30 scope from the 9,3x74R rifle.

Have anyone tried it yet? I really want it, but i can't really see if it has a magazine capacity or if it is a single shot rifle like (unfortunately and unrealistically) many of the rifle in the game is.
Yes I bought it along with scope,it’s a 5 round bolt action. The sound has a higher note than I’m used to with the 7mm but I like it. I only used it to kill a goat at 153m and it dropped on the spot as expected. The main reason I bought it is because of that beautiful scope. The 1.1-8x range is amazing and like the 2-6x it has the lighted reticle, but that extra 2x is huge for me. Oh and having a 7mm that is pretty much equal to the 7mm rem in a bolt action and 5 rounds is so so nice after using those single shot bolt actions. Great caliber,great rifle and amazing scope is well worth the cost of admission imo.
You do know that the cartridge 7x64 isn't the same as the 7mm Magnum? That's the reason you can't kill Bison or Banteng with this one. Glad that you're happy about it though!

Sure do but any 7mm used for Bison is stupid and careless imo. The 7x64mm isn’t as strong as the Remington mag but it’s closer than you would think. This game doesn’t recreate real life because I’m not using a 7mm to shoot a bison or a .300 mag on coyotes.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

BuckWill wrote:Sure do but any 7mm used for Bison is stupid and careless imo. The 7x64mm isn’t as strong as the Remington mag but it’s closer than you would think. This game doesn’t recreate real life because I’m not using a 7mm to shoot a bison or a .300 mag on coyotes.
Well, I haven't got it so I can't say too much. Maybe I'll win one tomorrow in the draw :) However from the look of it in action I would claim that it is a lot weaker than the "rem mag" and particularly at range. Would you say that you comfortably would be shooting a hmm, let's say Reindeer, at 200m with it?
That would be no problems with the "rem mag". I do not care too much for the Bullpup or the Stambecco and I do think it's really good looking. Just weak. That's all. And I already got loads of weak weapons (weak in game so to speak).
You say you wouldn't hunt coyotes with the .300 and I can understand that statement but it would at least get the job done properly. Better to be over powered than the opposite. I wouldn't hunt big game with the 6.5x55 in game and I'm not even allowed to. Yet it's stronger than the new 7x64 on the range in RFF.
That's the problem I think. Hope I'm wrong.
BuckWill
Spotter

Post by BuckWill »

Great cartridge and the gun is beautiful,but at the range it only gets one lung on the moose at 60m while the 7mm mag gets both at the 80m target. Still rather have this over that ugly raptor if you want a 5 round 7mm. The scopes great but maybe a thinner crosshairs or even just a crosshair with an illuminated dot in the middle would be great. Also these scopes are based off of $2500 scopes which have brightness control or even turned off would be a great feature as well. It was a nice surprise to see the scope drop from $450 to $350 though.
iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

About time!
Finally a 7x64 got introduced into the game. Been talking about it for years now. It is such an iconic cartridge.
The rifle is probably supposed to be a Sauer 404?

Regarding the 7x64s strength.
Different calibre, different performance. Of course it is not a magnum! And that’s why it should be kept “weak” rather than given more power. Far too many rifles in this game are overpowered and have become boring.
Get closer to the animals, use your skills. Don’t just snipe everything from afar.
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

iz_da wrote:Different calibre, different performance. Of course it is not a magnum! And that’s why it should be kept “weak” rather than given more power. Far too many rifles in this game are overpowered and have become boring.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks like this. I didn't want to be that guy again after the big song and dance I made about the .30-30, but I have to agree with you. If every rifle drops every animal on the spot, where's the challenge? I know it's a game and it has to be fun, but there has to be some variation in how the weapons perform. Just because a weapon is permitted for an animal doesn't mean it should drop it on the spot.

Return to “General Chat”