New 7x64 bolt action rifle

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DiomedesDK
Spotter

New 7x64 bolt action rifle

Post by DiomedesDK »

https://www.thehunter.com/#store/item/849

There is a new rifle in the store! A beautiful bolt action rifle chambered in the classic european 7x64 caliber.
It looks like it is based of a Sauer 404.

THe only scope available for it at the moment is the 1,1-8x30 scope from the 9,3x74R rifle.

Have anyone tried it yet? I really want it, but i can't really see if it has a magazine capacity or if it is a single shot rifle like (unfortunately and unrealistically) many of the rifle in the game is.
piomarvado
Scout

Re: New 7x64 bolt action rifle

Post by piomarvado »

DiomedesDK wrote:https://www.thehunter.com/#store/item/849

There is a new rifle in the store! A beautiful bolt action rifle chambered in the classic european 7x64 caliber.

THe only scope available for it at the moment is the 1,1-8x30 scope from the 9,3x74R rifle.

Have anyone tried it yet? I really want it, but i can't really see if it has a magazine capacity or if it is a single shot rifle like (unfortunately and unrealistically) many of the rifle in the game is.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/239022569
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Scope has just been reduced in price to EMS 350.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

So let's wait and see who's first putting a review up on the tube.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

In the meanwhile there's an ongoing discussion about the rifle in the "Game update 21st March 2018" thread.
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=86822
BuckWill
Spotter

Post by BuckWill »

Yes I bought it along with scope,it’s a 5 round bolt action. The sound has a higher note than I’m used to with the 7mm but I like it. I only used it to kill a goat at 153m and it dropped on the spot as expected. The main reason I bought it is because of that beautiful scope. The 1.1-8x range is amazing and like the 2-6x it has the lighted reticle, but that extra 2x is huge for me. Oh and having a 7mm that is pretty much equal to the 7mm rem in a bolt action and 5 rounds is so so nice after using those single shot bolt actions. Great caliber,great rifle and amazing scope is well worth the cost of admission imo.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

BuckWill wrote:

Yes I bought it along with scope,it’s a 5 round bolt action. The sound has a higher note than I’m used to with the 7mm but I like it. I only used it to kill a goat at 153m and it dropped on the spot as expected. The main reason I bought it is because of that beautiful scope. The 1.1-8x range is amazing and like the 2-6x it has the lighted reticle, but that extra 2x is huge for me. Oh and having a 7mm that is pretty much equal to the 7mm rem in a bolt action and 5 rounds is so so nice after using those single shot bolt actions. Great caliber,great rifle and amazing scope is well worth the cost of admission imo.
You do know that the cartridge 7x64 isn't the same as the 7mm Magnum? That's the reason you can't kill Bison or Banteng with this one. Glad that you're happy about it though!
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

I haven't fired it yet but the scope on this thing is gonna burn out my retinas :? I hope another scope will be available for it in the future.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Seifer wrote:I haven't fired it yet but the scope on this thing is gonna burn out my retinas :? I hope another scope will be available for it in the future.
You sure you had the em$ to buy it? :lol:
No but seriously, is it that bad in the long run? I never use the scope with the same reticle, the 2-6 one.
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Generalkommendant wrote:
Seifer wrote:I haven't fired it yet but the scope on this thing is gonna burn out my retinas :? I hope another scope will be available for it in the future.
You sure you had the em$ to buy it? :lol:
No but seriously, is it that bad in the long run? I never use the scope with the same reticle, the 2-6 one.
TBH it's hard for me to look at it and it does hurt my eyes. Especially when I put my rifle down the reticle is burned into my vision :? I don't care for it but you may want other opinions.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉

Return to “General Chat”