New 7x64 bolt action rifle

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Zarpa
Tracker

Re: New 7x64 bolt action rifle

Post by Zarpa »

mapache01 wrote:Hi since the new scope it's same reticle as 2-6x26mm Rifle Scope and this last one Allowed for all Anschütz, bullpup, 45-70, .22 and Break Action EW why not allowed this new for same rifles ?? or at Least Anschütz and 45-70
For the .308 carbon would be nice too. It only has one scope.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Almost the final conjecture of the 7x64 IMO.
Duly tested on PB as being the real test........... :lol:
The Sambar are still a tank against this rifle for the most part as agreed with some other players.
This gun performs sporadically.....
well what I mean is half the time it works good on a still animal broadside, even at good distances 100 M plus,...
Other frontal shots,.. and angled shots are sometimes mostly regrettable even at close range. Make sure the animal is not turning or bending
its body when shooting where hitboxes don't flex. So I took a few head shots (brain buster) to put them down at close range and it works.........
but I needed to put them down at 100% HV playing the A8 comp yesterday night, well into the morning hours..... 7 am to be more precise........... :D
There might be a bug on the hit boxes of the Sambar & Rusa where when shooting a frontal shot when elevated or an angle up in a TS,
a head hit is registered even when aiming and hitting not even close to the head, not getting 100% HV as they run away a short distance.
So beware of frontal shots & angled shots for the most part as this can happen for you comp players.
Other medium Deer, Red deer, Hogs, & Boars, & Sheep & Goats, go down surprisingly good, from the few dozen I shot.
More to test today................. :D

EDIT: hunted again today with the 7x64 and conclude that the rifle sometimes gets head hits without aiming close to the head, even happened twice on one Sambar,..
I guess that was a double header..... :) Hopefully they can find out what causes this.
And as far as I know it is only Sambar deer that this happens to.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Its not just the 7x64 that does the headshot thing.
I have had the same result with the 7mm mag. the 30 R and the 340. Nor do you need to be in a stand for it to happen.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
MetalMind
Outfitter

Post by MetalMind »

One of my favorite rifles. The performance is OK for me, I don't need every new released gun to be a cannon that drops everything on 200 meters. With that rifle you have some challenge for big game, and it's perfect for medium game. I have over 130 kills with it and still can't get enough. The model is perfectly done, and the shoot sound is agazing. The new 9.3x74 didn't make that impression on me. Only thing that I don't like it the reticle, there should be more options for that.
BuckWill
Spotter

Post by BuckWill »

I want to love the rifle but the sound doesn’t seem right. I shoot a .280 which is basically it’s American twin and the sound isn’t far from a 7mm Remington mag. This sounds more like,well I can’t put my finger on it but not a .284 caliber. The scope is fine but would love it if the lines were thinner or if the player could adjust or even turn it off. The design is great, I love dark walnut stocks and bolt actions that can shoot more than a single shot,but the sound and power just seems to far off the 7 mags. Within 200 meters there’s not that big of a difference between a 7mm Remington and a 7X64mm.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

DanthemanBoone wrote:Its not just the 7x64 that does the headshot thing.
I have had the same result with the 7mm mag. the 30 R and the 340. Nor do you need to be in a stand for it to happen.
yeah, fully agree.. Dan, sorry didn't get back to you sooner.
likely the animal than the gun.
Thanks for the input...... ;)
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

BuckWill wrote:I want to love the rifle but the sound doesn’t seem right. I shoot a .280 which is basically it’s American twin and the sound isn’t far from a 7mm Remington mag. This sounds more like,well I can’t put my finger on it but not a .284 caliber. The scope is fine but would love it if the lines were thinner or if the player could adjust or even turn it off. The design is great, I love dark walnut stocks and bolt actions that can shoot more than a single shot,but the sound and power just seems to far off the 7 mags. Within 200 meters there’s not that big of a difference between a 7mm Remington and a 7X64mm.
Adjust your volume to same level than compare to game sound.
Here's a 7x64

Here's a .280 remington

Return to “General Chat”