New 7x64 bolt action rifle

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Levado
Scout

Re: New 7x64 bolt action rifle

Post by Levado »

caledonianblues wrote:If every rifle drops every animal on the spot, where's the challenge?
Challenge? Every rifle drops the animal on the spot, it's all about distance. :)
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

caledonianblues wrote:
iz_da wrote:Different calibre, different performance. Of course it is not a magnum! And that’s why it should be kept “weak” rather than given more power. Far too many rifles in this game are overpowered and have become boring.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks like this. I didn't want to be that guy again after the big song and dance I made about the .30-30, but I have to agree with you. If every rifle drops every animal on the spot, where's the challenge? I know it's a game and it has to be fun, but there has to be some variation in how the weapons perform. Just because a weapon is permitted for an animal doesn't mean it should drop it on the spot.
Maybe you guys are correct. I have my beloved .30 R anyway and there should be a rifle suited for everyone I think. That one became my new to go rifle instead of the .300. The two things that I can't get rid off in my narrow mind are the facts that the 6.5x55 is stronger and that the ammo box capacity cost is 0.65 (I know, small details. But it adds to the overall impression). It shouldn't be more capacity demanding than the .300, right? Or am I being utterly confused?
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I have shot Brwn Bear, and a few Ibex, and Sitka as well as attempted to down a Sambar with it. The only animal that didn't die after only a few paces was the Sambar, I contribute that however to bad shot placement. The others were all one-shot kills and they died. I like the gun. My only complaint is as mentioned; the scope, but, I'll live with that. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Using it now, downed a couple BT. Shot one in the chest from 20m was a body shot however it did die after 5 seconds. The other from 68m, single lung 100%hv.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

1st kill from distance, same result as my 68m shot.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

A smaller bullet diameter and a shorter case doesn’t necessarily result in a worse performance. There are many other factors that influence our experience with the different firearms.
One thing is for sure though and many people will probably agree: the vast majority of firearms do not perform the way they should in a “hunting simulator”.
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

going to do a video review on this now. will be up later. dont want to rush it out.rather get it detailed and right. ;)
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

ronMctube wrote:going to do a video review on this now. will be up later. dont want to rush it out.rather get it detailed and right. ;)
Looking forward to see it!
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Im hunting with it right now & I gotta say I like it. I dont need a overpowered rifle. I have several of those. I want a rifle that looks good, sounds good & does the job needed at a reasonable distance. This one fits the bill nicely! Im meh about the scope. I would have preferred a nice fine line duplex in the Leopold vein but what we got it what we got.

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

caledonianblues wrote:
iz_da wrote:Different calibre, different performance. Of course it is not a magnum! And that’s why it should be kept “weak” rather than given more power. Far too many rifles in this game are overpowered and have become boring.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks like this. I didn't want to be that guy again after the big song and dance I made about the .30-30, but I have to agree with you. If every rifle drops every animal on the spot, where's the challenge? I know it's a game and it has to be fun, but there has to be some variation in how the weapons perform. Just because a weapon is permitted for an animal doesn't mean it should drop it on the spot.
That's very true............ but the animal doesn't necessarily run a couple of miles after it bleeds out either.
Especially if it is a goat or a sheep,.. mostly sheep though........................ ;) .......... :lol:

If the animals had blood vessel hitboxes than not all bodyshots would react not only to damage and impact of different size rifles but bleeding out would definitely have some effect even
if it wasn't an organ hit. And when an animal bled out that's where you would find it,... but that isn't the case when the animal keeps fleeing after the fact.
Last edited by gas56 on March 23rd, 2018, 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General Chat”