New 7x64 bolt action rifle

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Seifer
Hunter

Re: New 7x64 bolt action rifle

Post by Seifer »

A hunt from last night. Nice video Ron ;)
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/seif ... n/80400440
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Lowlight
Tracker

Post by Lowlight »

Really quite like it but absolutely hate the scope.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i would add a better scope to it as soon as possible or more of a selection.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Yeah I had a quick play around with the rifle last night and I agree with Ron, at least one additional scope would be nice. The illuminated reticle is a bit much, especially in dimmer lighting conditions. Alternatively, if the reticle brightness could be altered using the mouse wheel, like with the Aimpoint sights, that might be an adequate compromise.

I haven't decided whether I think the rifle is underpowered since I only shot 2 deer and my second one was a dreadful shot due to the deer being in the shadows and the scope reticle being too bright. I will test it more later. As for Sambar, I would say they're just extremely tough, and that this isn't a fair species to test any weapon on.
Ringolf
Spotter

Post by Ringolf »

I quite like the rifle (thanks again to caledonianblues for giving the opportunity to win one!).

Many people here seem to expect of any weapon that it drops anything on it's permitted species list on the spot at any range. Of course guns like the .30R and .300 promote that notion. But I think that is not how it is meant to work.

We are at a point where we have enough rifles to choose rather from a customization perspective than a performance one. And in this the new rifle is a gread addition imho.

I don't mind the scope, but more choice is always a good thing :)
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

caledonianblues wrote:As for Sambar, I would say they're just extremely tough, and that this isn't a fair species to test any weapon on.
One could say that they are the best test. ;)
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

RidgeBack69 wrote:One could say that they are the best test. ;)
I just tested it on one. Worked pretty well.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/cale ... /597709502
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

caledonianblues wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:One could say that they are the best test. ;)
I just tested it on one. Worked pretty well.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/cale ... /597709502
Looks like it too me.
Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

I broke down and got the 7x64 yesterday............ :roll: I know,... but that comp A8 was so intriguingly inviting........... :)
I never made it off WR looking for a 100+ Sitka..........than crashed trying to fast travel to a lodge............. :lol: so much for WR. I figured to start with WR and get er done quickly but.....
I started again and the spawn was scarce for everything,... I think they were under the ice........ so I figured I rest up for the night so I quit cuz I was feelin' under the weather.
But I did get to shoot a few dozen Sitka's & Sheep on both outing's and I have a fair objective at least for these animals being shot so far.
They went down,... as long as it wasn't over 150+ meters for the most part.
You do need a well placed shot, since the comp is 100% harvest rate,.... so keeping it around 100M- may be your best luck with it, although I am testing it also.
The 7x64 actually reminds me of a .280 with the best of the .270 & the 30-06.
As I mentioned earlier,,.... I won't get rid of my bigger Magnums even before I got the gun................. ;)
Even with the 30-06 I carry the .300 or 340 or 9.3 or 45/70 or......................
so with the 7x64 there won't be any difference for me,.. well you get my drift hopefully.
I guess I'll go test it some more today on the rest of the deer.

Better tweaks on the gun: the sound, needs to be more robust.
I didn't really have much problem with the scope, I didn't care for the yellow svd type reticle, although there should be a wider selection of variety scopes for a bolt action rifle which I would
change to if they had more. But the 9.3x74R uses the scope,... and I figured I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone.... but it looks like I may need another stone unfortunately $$$.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Hi since the new scope it's same reticle as 2-6x26mm Rifle Scope and this last one Allowed for all Anschütz, bullpup, 45-70, .22 and Break Action EW why not allowed this new for same rifles ?? or at Least Anschütz and 45-70

Return to “General Chat”