Bows

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Bows

Post by ronMctube »

years ago the parker was great because it was quieter than the other compound bows so people used it for turkeys.you could get one after another without spooking.then this was changed and turkey spooked. so in my opinion it became almost pointless to use the bow.apart from you can add a auto range sight on it. which again is my opinion almost cheating. i say that as most of the part of learning bows is to learn the aspects and skills of each bow.in doing so you get the rewarding feeling that you earned knowledge and skill from doing so.with a auto sight just saying green light fire.you learnt nothing.

so in pure simple terms the better bow is the snakebite bow.seems a little more powerful and a simple sight.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Nathan112244 wrote:
DYEUZ wrote:My thoughts :

Parker Python : quietest / 60 lb power / Great overall bow / 3 pin sight / 5 pin range finder available
Pulsar : less quiet that the PP imo / 70 lb power / very slow loading / also not bad overall / 5 pin range finder available
Snakebite : Loud / 80 lb power / best overall / 1 pin sight
There isnt a 5 pin range finder for the pulsar
Its just a 5 pins but don't have range finder, and its in offer right now so if someone want buy PP or Pulsar + sight its now or never.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

... OK, its a 5 pin compound bow sight .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

I don't use the range finder, no need for that when you shoot most animals at 25-35m like I do.
ronMctube wrote: so in my opinion it became almost pointless to use the bow.apart from you can add a auto range sight on it. which again is my opinion almost cheating. i say that as most of the part of learning bows is to learn the aspects and skills of each bow.in doing so you get the rewarding feeling that you earned knowledge and skill from doing so.with a auto sight just saying green light fire.you learnt nothing.
Stop using callers, camo, treestands, scopes, binos, groundblinds, etc Ron, that's cheating. :)
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Stop using low settings (scenery, shadows etc), thats cheating :p
Now offline. Forever.
Zarpa
Tracker

Post by Zarpa »

Yeah and why not stop shooting animals in general? they can't return fire. You cheaters :?

Jokes aside, Snakebite is the option if you are new to the game. It's perfect for practicing. Apart of the single pin to learn to calculate distances for yourself, animals will die faster in case of a bad shot.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Levado wrote:I don't use the range finder, no need for that when you shoot most animals at 25-35m like I do.
ronMctube wrote: so in my opinion it became almost pointless to use the bow.apart from you can add a auto range sight on it. which again is my opinion almost cheating. i say that as most of the part of learning bows is to learn the aspects and skills of each bow.in doing so you get the rewarding feeling that you earned knowledge and skill from doing so.with a auto sight just saying green light fire.you learnt nothing.
Stop using callers, camo, treestands, scopes, binos, groundblinds, etc Ron, that's cheating. :)
haha :D the truth is though the auto sight does for you what you should ideally learn.without learning.so not really the same.learning the drop on bow shots is time consuming and part of the art and fun of bow hunting.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I agree with Ron. Part of the fun of using a bow is learning how to use it. Just waiting for the sight to tell you what pin to use and where to put it and shooting doesn't seem fun for me.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Well, lucky us!
we can take that sight of! problem solved :D
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I really dislike the Python, that range finding sight irritates me! 1st time you aim at something 25yds away & the sight keeps flipping back & forth from the 20yd to 30yd pin will make you a believer. Instead I greatly prefer the Pulsar. Sure its slow to load initially but that isnt an issue & when do you ever get to do a quick follow up shot with a bow? so reloading the quiver shouldnt be an issue then. If you are super anal about it go into your inventory & drag fresh arrows to the weapon slot & it will automatically reload when you leave inventory.
I do most of my bow shooting in the 15-30m range. I dont need a rangefinder shooting at that distance. I have played this game long enough now that I can tell the range under 40m just by looking at the critter. Rarely are my called ranges off when I shoot.
When it comes to a hunting arm getting to know it intimately is one of the greatest things you can do for yourself. When that gun/bow becomes an extension of your hand its magical.

Return to “General Chat”