Bows

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Gonetae
Tracker

Bows

Post by Gonetae »

Another kinda newbie question, what are the pro's and cons of the 3 compound bows against each other? I'm throwing my guesses out there from what I read on the wiki but please correct me where I'm wrong guys or info that I've missed that I may find useful.

Parker Python - Pro's > Not sure | Con's > Weakest of the 3

Pulsar - Pro's > Quietest of the 3 | Con's > Not sure

Snakebite - Pro's > Most powerful of the 3 | Con's > Noisiest of the 3

As I said I'm not really sure on them so feel free to jump in please, I could do with the help. ;)
Granti
Hunter

Re: Bows

Post by Granti »

parker pyhtons absolut + is the in the sight integrated rangefinder

"con" of the snakebite is the sight

con of the pulsar is the slow loading
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

You might add:

Python: Comes with an built-in range finder if you buy the sight.

Pulsar: My favourite but it is the slowest loading one of all the bows.

Snakebite: Only one pin sight at 20m.
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Pulsar and Parker python are in my experience both equally quiet.
If you take out the pulsar to shoot an animal, the animation is much longer than with the other bows. (not crossbows).
But when you have your arrow on your bow, the pulsar aims a lot quicker than the Parker python does.

Here some video's:
Pulsar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_YBjnqEjg4

Parker:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve7Rj0ISWJU

And for the Parker there is also a rangefinder which indicates where you need to aim so you know exactly where to shoot.

Parker rangefinder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We0yLj4VoAg
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

My thoughts :

Parker Python : quietest / 60 lb power / Great overall bow / 3 pin sight / 5 pin range finder available
Pulsar : less quiet that the PP imo / 70 lb power / very slow loading / also not bad overall / 5 pin range finder available
Snakebite : Loud / 80 lb power / best overall / 1 pin sight

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

The Parker is nice easy to use has a range finder sight available for it. I like how fast it is to load an arrow, range 60m. I would like the pulsar more if it wasn't for that damn quiver (or whatever it's called) on the side of it. I like the sound of it better than I do the Parker. Nice 5 pin sight available for it. 60m range as well. Snakebite, 1 pin sight, range 20m. It's ok, not my favorite. With all of these bows you can shoot further than what the sights indicate with some practice. Most of the time I use these bows under 40m.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Gonetae
Tracker

Post by Gonetae »

What a great community, thanks all for your responses guys especially to my questions that have probably been asked dozens of times previously. :D
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

In simple terms, power vs silence:
Parker less power, more silence.
Snake bite More power. less silence.
Pulsar is kind the best of both worlds but slow animation to put the arrow.

More depht:
Parker is the go for taking packs of turkeys and other criters silently, still can tackle a Moose easily with a lung shot. + the range finding sight make easy to spot distance to target.
cons: the advantage, the sight can make you find more dificult if you switch to a recurve or the others compound, since you may not learn to calculate distance yourself, its like a bike with training wheels imho.

Snakebite: can drop anything, but the noise can make more unsuitable for hunting pack animals, not impossible just more hard than PP, but when comes to take large animals up close...eh hehe, and teach you to calculate distance by using the environment as point of reference like trees or rocks, excellent teacher.

Pulsar: great, for both things but, the slow reloading make it not confy for everyone, its more suited to the lure and treestand kind of bowhunting, when you can aim with calm and select where you want your target at the moment of the shoot,

I recommend watch the reviews in youtube and videos of the 3 in different hunts, the 3 will get the job done and its more a personal choice what its better for you.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Note that the slow loading of the pulsar hardly matters when you're mostly hunting from a treestand, as a matter of fact the Pulsar is my preferred bow when I'm in a treestand.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

DYEUZ wrote:My thoughts :

Parker Python : quietest / 60 lb power / Great overall bow / 3 pin sight / 5 pin range finder available
Pulsar : less quiet that the PP imo / 70 lb power / very slow loading / also not bad overall / 5 pin range finder available
Snakebite : Loud / 80 lb power / best overall / 1 pin sight
There isnt a 5 pin range finder for the pulsar
Nathan22Outdoors

Return to “General Chat”