Whether the game has a trajectory, whether the bullet is affected by the wind speed.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
XUEHAN

Whether the game has a trajectory, whether the bullet is affected by the wind speed.

Post by XUEHAN »

I am a novice player, I don't know whether the game has been affected by the trajectory when shooting at long distance, and the influence of wind speed, please consult you.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Whether the game has a trajectory, whether the bullet is affected by the wind speed.

Post by Tod1d »

Yes, all projectiles are affected by gravity & wind. It's most noticeable with arrows, particularly when it's raining.
With most of the firearms, you won't notice because you're shooting animals < 220m. But if you go to the range you will see the drop.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Whether the game has a trajectory, whether the bullet is affected by the wind speed.

Post by ronMctube »

bullets you dont notice too much of a drop unless at extreme range . arrows are the best to see bullet drop as tod says in practice.buy some tracer arrows and go up a mountain.wait for snow or rain then fire them and watch the results.i can still remember practicing perfecting long distance bow shots with tony aka xtimidator and on VDB we spent nearly a month every night for hrs getting the drop perfect.i have quite a few videos if you want to see long bow shots in action with tony.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

You can notice the wind drift with the .22 long rifle especially at 200+ Meters.
We had a Event competition before of shooting Rabbits for the longest distance,.. and on BR it was quite obvious when the wind blew the bullet would go to the right
of the Euro rabbit a few feet as you could see the puff of sand with the bullet hit,.. so when the wind would slow down I could hit the rabbits, as it shot a lot straighter.
It's actually quite fun at those distances............. ;)

Return to “General Chat”