8x57 IS K98k Bolt Action Rifle (classic) reloading issue

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Levado
Scout

8x57 IS K98k Bolt Action Rifle (classic) reloading issue

Post by Levado »

The 8x57 IS K98k Bolt Action Rifle (classic) seems to have an issue with reloading, the issue is very random. It loads one bullet and continues to show the reload animation without adding more bullets. Is there a trick to get the weapon to reload properly, because the problem only seems to fix itself randomly.

Thanks.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Re: 8x57 IS K98k Bolt Action Rifle (classic) reloading issue

Post by HD_Artworks »

It happened to me only once.
And if I'm not wrong, I remove the ammo from the ammo slot then equip it again.
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Strange, it happens to me a lot. It could be because I'm using this one mostly on goats right now and I'm often immediately switching to binos to mark the spot, that could possibly mess up the reload.
Replacing the ammo didn't fix it for me last time I tried, I have to try it again. Thanks!
SPRK85
Outfitter

Post by SPRK85 »

Levado wrote:Strange, it happens to me a lot. It could be because I'm using this one mostly on goats right now and I'm often immediately switching to binos to mark the spot, that could possibly mess up the reload.
Replacing the ammo didn't fix it for me last time I tried, I have to try it again. Thanks!
I allways use a manual reload (pressing 'r' to chamber a round or reload (it's somewhere in the options to switch off autoreload)) so perhaps that would fix your problem because you could still immediately switch to your binos without messing up an animation ;)
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

SPRK85 wrote:I allways use a manual reload (pressing 'r' to chamber a round or reload
I've tried that too in the past. I would click the left mouse button to stop the animation and press "R" and the same animation would return without adding bullets. What I do right now is fire that single bullet and most times the reload will work just fine. I don't understand what's causing it. As far as I can remember the .30-06 Bolt Action Rifle (classic) is having the same issue, but I don't have it with any other rifle and most of them have over 1000 kills. Oh well, I guess I live to with it, like all the other 1001 bugs in this game. :)

Thanks!
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

this happens to more than just the kar it depends how you add ammo. if you remove and reload for eg you can have varying results.depends how deep you go with it.
Zarpa
Tracker

Post by Zarpa »

SPRK85 wrote:I allways use a manual reload (pressing 'r' to chamber a round or reload (it's somewhere in the options to switch off autoreload)) so perhaps that would fix your problem because you could still immediately switch to your binos without messing up an animation ;)
I use manual reload & and chambering too, but I changed it to the E key. I had this "missing ammo" issue once or twice in the past, but can't remember the conditions. I didn't have it anymore.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

normally issues with reloading come when out of bullets or semi reload and put in new rounds.so say fire 4 shots empty gun then add a fresh stack of ten then count things like that. i guess it comes down to who tests what.

id take whatever gun.put full rounds in fire odd amount remove leftover bullets.then put in fresh lot count how many are being loading in if correct fire another bullet do same again start from one move upto the limit.repeating process.as said some other guns do this.even recent ones.
SPRK85
Outfitter

Post by SPRK85 »

Levado wrote:Oh well, I guess I live to with it, like all the other 1001 bugs in this game. :)
:lol:

So true... too bad that trick couldn't solve this one
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Not only this but during the re-loading some bullets that are being loaded are silent. (no sound)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox

Return to “General Chat”