Sale history

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
BuckWill
Spotter

Re: Sale history

Post by BuckWill »

DarkHunterXX wrote:
Granti wrote:
check out the duck-hunter member-bundle. maybe thats an option for you?
I checked it, but i have that shotgun already and also a few of the callers, so that would not be worth it.
Thanks anyway, didn't think about it ;)
I did well with just the mallard caller, the comeback caller ( is a must own imo) and 12 mallard decoys, I added a spinner last sale and with that setup I shot 34 ducks of all 4 types. I prefer the Blaser o/u but the 10 ga is probably the best for money waterfowl shotgun. My point is it doesn’t hurt to start small and slowly build your spread.
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

BuckWill wrote:
I did well with just the mallard caller, the comeback caller ( is a must own imo) and 12 mallard decoys, I added a spinner last sale and with that setup I shot 34 ducks of all 4 types. I prefer the Blaser o/u but the 10 ga is probably the best for money waterfowl shotgun. My point is it doesn’t hurt to start small and slowly build your spread.
yeah it would work, but i just want to be sure i get a good amount of succes.
a few weeks ago I hunted on somebody else his map on the geese. I was in the blind for 45 minutes, groups flew over but almost none of them came down.

I'm just a bit afraid if i buy a few ducks (like 12) that i will be disappointed in how many will come down, just want to be sure i am satisfied enough :lol:
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

DarkHunterXX wrote:
BuckWill wrote:
yeah it would work, but i just want to be sure i get a good amount of succes.
a few weeks ago I hunted on somebody else his map on the geese. I was in the blind for 45 minutes, groups flew over but almost none of them came down.

I'm just a bit afraid if i buy a few ducks (like 12) that i will be disappointed in how many will come down, just want to be sure i am satisfied enough :lol:

Look, even with 24 mallards(max attraction)+caller still there are flocks that pass whiteout break, but usually you can lure lots of every species with only that, its very relative, now 12 decoys means 50% chance its a start but you may get discouraged if not many ducks break, my humble advice if no duck sales comes soon is :

Get this bundle of 24mallards
https://www.thehunter.com/#store/bundle/85
and the mallards long range caller.

That is enough to get a good and consistent waterfowling experience, add a close range caller if you found yourself in troubles shooting ducks with your shotgun since many ducks may not come too close to you. ;) the total price should be less than 2k ems. Then you can go adding new decoys to other duck species if you like and can afford it, but again, and by own experience that should do it. :)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Here is a tool that will help you figure out what you need to go max on all species. I'm at 333% on all species! :lol:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

I got my setups BC...before calculator. ;)

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

I'm glad I have bought everything before when I needed to go duck hunting but not always bought when they were on sale, though it is probably a good suggestion if you can wait for sales if you want to save a few $Em.
I also bought the come-back caller yesterday,.. to top off all the rest of the callers I already have, and I can say it works pretty good for the Mallard, Black, & Gadwal, flocks that don't want to break. I went duck hunting yesterday, and my set-up is just the required amount for all species.
I started at 9am and had practically non-stop shooting until I ran out of shells............ :roll:
I had the 10 ga. pump (30x3 shells), the 12 ga. pump (30x3 shells), & finally went & got the
20 ga, semi-auto (30x3 shells).................. :lol:
That was a lot of shooting........... and it gave me the practice with the shotguns I haven't been using lately, I think I could use some more practice on ducks though.... :D
I found out that I really don't like the 10 ga. pump for duck hunting, it is a little slower loading shells also, besides I can't line the barrel up on birds as quick and as well as the 12 ga. pump.
I usually don't promote the duck hunting here, but I got to tell you I had pretty much a blast shooting ducks............. ;)

P.S. Patience is the key word when duck hunting,... yesterday I was so relaxed that it was just the day to go duck hunting!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

To add something, this week should be the St.Patrick day event (not sure)and often bring daily sales, so if you can wait this week and hope ducks come in sale again, if not bundles can save you some money.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “General Chat”