9 Years since theHunter was released to public

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Lindenborn
Tracker

Re: 9 Years since theHunter was released to public

Post by Lindenborn »

Happy Birthday theHunter Classic!!! This is one of my favorite games of all time and I've been an avid gamer my whole life..I'm 46. It is by far the best hunting title available. Plus the last couple of years it has gotten it's act together and really starting producing well and taking care of business...SO I guess Ill keep playing it till I can no longer play. I am also an avid hunter in real life and this is as close as it comes to making my heart pound when a big old whitetail walks into my sights!!
Have a fine Navy Day!!
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

it feels like it has only been yesterday since i visited WHI for the first time :)

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

BIG Ditto from me as well in regard to this AMAZING Hunting Game!!! THANK YOU EW!!!!!

Wetland :D :D :D
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Been here a while myself. It is undoubtedly the best hunting game out there! Long live theHunter Classic! 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

The Hunter had a good life span. Now it´s completely dead much thanks to Call of the wild. The king is dead long live the king :)
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

i see dead people ...OR no? Still alive!
Now offline. Forever.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

knott wrote:The Hunter had a good life span. Now it´s completely dead much thanks to Call of the wild. The king is dead long live the king :)
I must have missed the closure announcement. Someone probably ought to write to the developers and tell them not to come in tomorrow.
TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

ronMctube wrote:sometimes gamers come across a game which becomes more than just a game . for me theHunter is one of those games that has become more than a time passer. i cant believe that this week coming marks the 9th year that theHunter was released ! 8-) . who would of thought 9 years later many would still be playing the same title regularly and with many hopefully more years to come. :D

i started the first week of release.i started recording a few days later ( terrible videos :lol: ) but you have to start somewhere dont you ;) . at this time in the game we had just whitehart.no tents. just deer. it took me two days to get my first deer ! :shock: :o :D . it was a real adventure. every call was exciting. at the time the graphics were cutting edge up there with crysis 1 which hadnt been out that long.you needed a pretty hefty pc to run it. :D

we had wardens which when a new weapon came out you got to test that new gun for free for a whole month.when the month came to a end you had to buy it or the weapon dissapeared.

when the 30-06 came out it used to fire left :lol: .one of the first rifles.

website was totally different we could also talk to each other ingame via chat from your friends list.also in competitions the results would stream across the bottom of the screen.one feature i would of loved to stay.nothing like getting a trophy animal in a comp and see it scroll across the bottom of the screen and then friends would text you congrats ! 8-) . really added to comps.

there was a small dark period where the original owners struggled they were called Emote.not that many know about them but they should be mentioned as they helped create this great game.first comp came out in the summer the first comp was a turkey competitiob for the biggest turkey.i won it :D . was with a 90 turkey. yes the scoring is different now.

we used to have a fixed rack system for animals and this changed to tru racks.

so many things have changed for the good and bad but generally for the good and if you think about it how many games do you know have lasted this long and still pretty popular.also with new content to come there is still plenty of life yet .

so congrats to Expansive worlds for keeping the game running. not always seen eye to eye on everything but i must commend you on what is the best hunting game ever made on pc.cheers !
Happy Birthday TheHunter and congratulations to you Ron on your success on becoming a household name helping out all the new players that come to the game needing to learn and entertaining us all with your hilarious videos! You always find the good in things and have lots of fun in your videos. Was fun taking shots of you shooting rock ptarmigans with the in game camera like your paparazzi when they first came out. Cheers to the good time so far and here's to the good times to come *raises glass*.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Congtratulations, EW on 9 years. I came along 5 months later, and tore up the EHR! :lol: :lol:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

haha nice one stan.tbh my first hunts wernt much different :D

cheers TrueshotM ;)

i really loved the rock ptarmigans when they first came out. got the 250th one with a cross bow in the air :D

Return to “General Chat”