Being on time with prizes.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Re: Being on time with prizes.

Post by Generalkommendant »

Worst part is that to receive the prize (as I had to do today again) you actually need to buy something, by em$ or gm$, to get the wallet to update. If you don't have the lust, possibility or time to complete a mission. That is what I think truly sucks. "Pay to get your prize" - ridiculous.

Edit: Just to clarify. (And it's not the first time). I had 550 ems in my wallet and won the muzzleloader challenge yesterday granting me another 100 ems. Equals 650 ems. Didn't show. And if I tried to buy the new muzzleloader pistol (price 650 ems) I just got the message "Add more ems".
Last edited by Generalkommendant on February 23rd, 2018, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Generalkommendant wrote:Worst part is that to receive the prize (as I had to do today again) you actually need to buy something, by em$ or gm$, to get the wallet to update. If you don't have the lust, possibility or time to complete a mission. That is what I think truly sucks. "Pay to get your prize" - ridiculous.
You don't have to. If the prize is shown in your wallet, you should be able to spend the money - even if the em$ balance in the main window hasn't updated yet.
Image Image Image
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Tanngnjostr wrote:You don't have to. If the prize is shown in your wallet, you should be able to spend the money - even if the em$ balance in the main window hasn't updated yet.
You missed my edit for clarification. Since it's not the case. ;)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Generalkommendant wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:You don't have to. If the prize is shown in your wallet, you should be able to spend the money - even if the em$ balance in the main window hasn't updated yet.
Okay, thanks for the info. I was always told it was this way, but since I rarely win competitions, I could never test this myself. :oops:

But let's be honest: While it's a bit of an inconvenience and I understand that it irritates a lot of players, one or two days rarely matter. Only in those case where the small amount of em$ makes the difference between being able to buy something on sale or not. I don't think it needs to be high on the priority list... but that's my personal opinion of course.
Image Image Image
Leventthyen
Spotter

Post by Leventthyen »

Well then Doc needs to send more informative messages. Because "You have placed 1 in competition Loud and Clean (ended 2018-02-23 07:00:00). Your prize of 100 em$ and a trophy have been added to your account". Is not completely true.

It should say in addition "please complete a mission, purchase an item, wait a few days.. etc"

It will leave us players less confused.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Leventthyen wrote:Well then Doc needs to send more informative messages. Because "You have placed 1 in competition Loud and Clean (ended 2018-02-23 07:00:00). Your prize of 100 em$ and a trophy have been added to your account". Is not completely true.

It should say in addition "please complete a mission, purchase an item, wait a few days.. etc"

It will leave us players less confused.
Tanngnjostr wrote:
Generalkommendant wrote:
Okay, thanks for the info. I was always told it was this way, but since I rarely win competitions, I could never test this myself. :oops:

But let's be honest: While it's a bit of an inconvenience and I understand that it irritates a lot of players, one or two days rarely matter. Only in those case where the small amount of em$ makes the difference between being able to buy something on sale or not. I don't think it needs to be high on the priority list... but that's my personal opinion of course.
Well, You're both correct IMO.
@Tanngnjostr: I feel you, I rarely win any neither. But to be honest I only enroll in MP comps and they're quite limited to say the least :D
Leventthyen
Spotter

Post by Leventthyen »

Well thanks to you members, I now have a brand new .340 Weatherby. Now just to wait WHEN the competitions start in Picabbeen.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Generalkommendant wrote:

I completely disagree with this notion, and also this way of thinking. I believe it matters very much. To be told your prize has been granted to you, to discover it has not, first one day then, then another, then another.. The worry and stress that comes from it, knowing you worked hard for it, and are probably proud of it... Is this really a good thing? For either the player(s) or EW? It upsets the player(s), it angers the player(s), and it makes more of the player base distrust the system and/or the company. It doesn't just happen to forum users, I imagine there's countless players who are struck with this issue, every single day, every day of the year, and only a mere fraction come here to the forums looking for answers. I also imagine that a great number of support tickets are generated every single day for this issue, which can't be a good thing, and I would recommend that the issue actually be put pretty high up on the priority list for all of these reasons and probably more.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

This "issue" has been around for a looong time, i don't think EW will fix it soon, but can some mod/admin at least crate an sticky topic in the forum explaining how solve the thing? its too common to have people that come to report the same problem (and they are not at fault) and a stick topic in the general section forum may solve at least in part the issue.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Mountaineer
Hunter

Post by Mountaineer »

Always cool when comp ems put you over the top for a new toy. I used to just watch 1 of the short earn ems videos and they would show up then. Have fun with the 340 It's a beast.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

Return to “General Chat”