Spooking radius on a treestand?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
User avatar
VonStratos
Hunter
Posts: 839
Joined: February 7th, 2013, 6:32 pm

Re: Spooking radius on a treestand?

Postby VonStratos » February 14th, 2018, 11:30 am

Another possible reason is that between you and the wolves there was an undetected animal inside radius, like a doe, and when you installed the TS she was spooked and then she spook the wolves, it has happened to me some times with other animals.

Image
Signature Stats

"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
User avatar
DYEUZ
Outfitter
Posts: 3782
Joined: October 11th, 2013, 3:36 pm
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Re: Spooking radius on a treestand?

Postby DYEUZ » February 14th, 2018, 11:36 am

VonStratos wrote:Another possible reason is that between you and the wolves there was an undetected animal inside radius, like a doe, and when you installed the TS she was spooked and then she spook the wolves, it has happened to me some times with other animals.

Yep , very possible also. Good point !

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
walt133
Hunter
Posts: 947
Joined: November 30th, 2016, 5:05 pm

Re: Spooking radius on a treestand?

Postby walt133 » February 14th, 2018, 12:04 pm

TreeKiwi wrote:Yeah anything your have to place or setup in this game has a spook radius of 100m.
Does this mean the bobcat caller as well?
User avatar
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager
Posts: 2149
Joined: May 17th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Re: Spooking radius on a treestand?

Postby TreeKiwi » February 14th, 2018, 12:09 pm

walt133 wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:Yeah anything your have to place or setup in this game has a spook radius of 100m.
Does this mean the bobcat caller as well?


No sorry, as I was writing that I was thinking... "There has got to be something I can't remember" Callers and decoys do not spook :)
User avatar
walt133
Hunter
Posts: 947
Joined: November 30th, 2016, 5:05 pm

Re: Spooking radius on a treestand?

Postby walt133 » February 14th, 2018, 12:09 pm

:arrow: TK Thanks, that clears it up for me.
User avatar
gas56
Outfitter
Posts: 4032
Joined: April 4th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Re: Spooking radius on a treestand?

Postby gas56 » February 14th, 2018, 7:24 pm

walt133 wrote::arrow: TK Thanks, that clears it up for me.


Walt,... here's a little trick I use when you set up a tree stand after hearing a Wolf,..
when you watch the hunter mate and the distance between you & the wolf are just about at caller max range set your TS ASAP & walk forward 15-20 meters and call with the Elk Calf caller,..
the reasoning is that the Wolf can walk out of caller range within seconds and thus not come to your call. But by moving ahead & calling this might keep you in range before it goes out of range.... ;)
Call 3-4 times only when you know the Wolf is around max range,.. as this will give you ample time to retreat to your TS and continue calling and helps to keep the Wolf in range
of the caller.
Last edited by gas56 on February 14th, 2018, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
walt133
Hunter
Posts: 947
Joined: November 30th, 2016, 5:05 pm

Re: Spooking radius on a treestand?

Postby walt133 » February 14th, 2018, 7:27 pm

gas56 wrote:
walt133 wrote::arrow: TK Thanks, that clears it up for me.


Walt,... here's a little trick I use when you set up a tree stand after hearing a Wolf,..
when you watch the hunter mate and the distance between you & the wolf are just about at max range set your TS ASAP & walk forward 15-20 meters and call with the Elk Calf caller,..
the reasoning is that the wolf can walk out of caller range and thus not come to your call. But by moving ahead this might keep you in range before it goes out of range.... ;)
Call 3-4 times only when you know the Wolf is around max range,.. as this will give you ample time to retreat to your TS and continue calling and helps to keep the Wolf in range
of the caller.
Thanks for that Gas I will remember that. Makes perfect sense. ;)

Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 007aln, Dilaj, sircaptgordo and 1 guest