Did something happen to the scoring of Sambar and Water buffalo after the last game update? Need some opinions.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Did something happen to the scoring of Sambar and Water buffalo after the last game update? Need some opinions.

Post by Villkatta »

Have anyone noticed any change in the scoring on the animals in PB after the last game update? I've managed to positively identify a bug with Bantengs, they have a bug on their score sheet(they score higher then they are supposed to). Rusas seems fine, but I'm not sure about Water buffalo and Sambar.

I find that both of these two seems to score much lower then the size of their horns and antlers suggests now then before the last game update. It's particularly the sambar I've noticed this on(I don't hunt WB much - too boring). Unlike Banteng, I find nothing wrong on the score sheets. But when I shoot animals of the same size of those that before the update scored 260+, 270+, 280+ and 290+, they now only score 220+ and 230+, even if they look basically the same( I have a handful of the old ones in my gallery).

I shot a 230 today, mounted him and hanged him right by my 307 for comparison(the 230 is the dark to the right):

He looks way too equal in size to justify such a difference in the score, imo.

How about you guys, have you noticed anything? Has anyone even managed to find any 270+ sambars after the last patch? And how about the buffaloes?
Or am I just seeing things again?

Edit: Just shot this monster stag. Def. 290-300 by the pre. update scoring, but only 245 now.
Last edited by Villkatta on February 11th, 2018, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sherab86
Hunter

Re: Did something happen to the scoring of Sambar and Water buffalo after the last game update? Need some opinions.

Post by Sherab86 »

I've noticed the Banteng score sheet bug observing some recent results of other players. But I'm not sure is it bugged in the way you desrcribe, since scores of about 130-140 were present in the game earlier too. At that time, leaders had about 155 if I recall correctly. Now they are way over 160, but those horns were realy big on 3d model too. So I would rather say, that numbers for calculations might be wrong, not the final score.

I can't speak for other issues. I plan to return to PB when devs solve current problems I see (as described in other thread).
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Re: Did something happen to the scoring of Sambar and Water buffalo after the last game update? Need some opinions.

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

I noticed that yesterday with a big Sambar that only scored 230. I didn’t take a trophy shot, but he looked like one that should have scored 290-300+. He had very tall dark antlers with red tips, the usual of the big ones. I was trying to figure out why he only scored 230, but just chalked it up as maybe I just missed something. You might be onto something here.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Ok, so in my opinion, I can confirm (again, my opinion on what these veteran eyes see) that there is indeed some kind of issue with scoring and spotting on the animals of Piccabeen. Can’t say about the Feral Hogs, but Banteng, Sambar Deer, and Water Buffalo are definitely messed up. First up, Banteng. They now all spot up to 120 score even when they go over. Moon and I both spotted the same Banteng, and spotting info was virtually identical on both of our ends. The Banteng guessed a high score of 120. When Moon killed it, it scored 126. All Banteng we spotted guessed a high score of 120.
Now, these two Water Buffalo. What do you think they scored? They are obviously large:

Pretty big, huh? I killed them both in the same hunt. Here is the kicker. The top one scored 203.531 and the bottom one, which appears larger, scores....194.142. Hmm.
For reference, here is my 223.048 I killed a few weeks ago:

Something is not being calculated, or at least properly. Something is not right, and it’s especially noticeable on large Sambar Deer. This is Moon’s Sambar that she killed last night, it scored 226.3.

Something is definitely amiss here. I don’t know exactly where to start looking, but it’s very obvious. Makes me not even want to hunt on Piccabeen at the moment, not much of a point if the animal’s scores are all messed up. (Not sure about Rusa)
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Thought I saw my new PB water buffalo right of now but it scored less than expected actually.

Here it is:
Scored 189.8

Compared to my previous ones:
Scored 202.245

Scored 202.718

Scored 205.448

Keep in mind that 10 points should be a big difference as shown below (when compared to the 189.8 top picture):
Scored 179.606
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Dev's were announcing ones that they do work on Sambar's and Rusa's (if I recall correctly) scoring system. Maybe changes included also Water Buffalo and Banteng, and this is the outcome of their work to some part. But if so, why haven't they informed us on changes?

And even if this would be true, it seems to be preety messed up right now. Pity... After I saw those big Bantengs for the first time, I had inspiration to return to PB maybe earlier than I expected. But now... PB have to wait for me a little bit longer still. ;)
SoldierofGod
Tracker

Post by SoldierofGod »

The water buffalo have definetly changed. I have a 209 and it had thin horns. This weekend I went into my lodge and now its horns are way bigger and thicker looks like a 220. And I saw the biggest WB I have seen and thought it would score 220+ but only scored 189 this happened to someone else in my server too. Also I managed to get a 154 banteng and it properly looks big like I would expect from a 154 banteng but I noticed a lot of people got large banteng same day.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

SoldierofGod wrote:The water buffalo have definetly changed. I have a 209 and it had thin horns. This weekend I went into my lodge and now its horns are way bigger and thicker looks like a 220. And I saw the biggest WB I have seen and thought it would score 220+ but only scored 189 this happened to someone else in my server too. Also I managed to get a 154 banteng and it properly looks big like I would expect from a 154 banteng but I noticed a lot of people got large banteng same day.
I share the issue with the horns as you can see from my earlier WB harvests in the above pictures. And for the sake of your post I had to check my lodge if the trophy had changed and indeed it had. Now the horns are a lot thicker.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

I hope this is being looked into. It kinda makes Piccabeen not even worth hunting as you don’t know if the score you get is correct or not. Any info or even a “we’ll look into this” from a Dev would be appreciated.
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

water buffalo scoring does indeed not feel right. my guess with rusa and sambar is they they were a little off in the beginning, css-numbers were way to high

guess the score:
Spoiler:
no, only 191
for comparision, this is my pb with 225

Return to “General Chat”