Weekend Sales on Piccabeen items just released in December.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Sherab86
Hunter

Re: Weekend Sales on Piccabeen items just released in December.

Postby Sherab86 » February 12th, 2018, 7:05 pm

gas56 wrote:This is a game,.. quote yourself
Or are you not relatively talking about species as a whole in the game?
Yes some older bucks in the same genus can be more acute in their senses, more so than younger bucks,
but somehow you missed the point altogether or seemed to have,...
And this is what I was talking about when the game should at least have deer senses similar on each map,..
the point being that the game should not change significantly different on relatively close animals, to throw such a change at this stage of the game is unrealistically uncalled for,
as with more changes comes more written code and with more written code comes problems, and with more problems comes a less desired game playing.
If the game was to be changed in such a manner than any good suggestion would be to start from scratch on another new game, and not mess up this one any more than it has endured
with all the problems of the past years and learn from the mistakes that almost gave it its downfall. If it wasn't for such dedicated backers at its least productive output than it could
have easily vanished.
Anyway if these animals were to have IRL characteristic behaviors than most all of the deer in the game would need to up their senses to fit real life standards,
and if that was the case than who would have the time to hunt such a diverse integrated challenging computer animal?
You should be hunting one IRL if that was the case.

I only meant, that there may exist big differences between, let's say a whitetail, and a Sambar - if not in avarage sensitivity of their sences, than at least in the way, they use them, and how they react to possible threat. from what I've read - hunters's stories included - Sambars are very wary ans skittish. Being one of the most challenging game animals in Australia. But I didn't mean I do expect the senses of In-game animals to be as keen as in reality. Only that Sambar's have right to be more wary, than other deers in the game.
gas56
Outfitter

Postby gas56 » February 12th, 2018, 7:18 pm

Sherab86 wrote:
gas56 wrote:This is a game,.. quote yourself
Or are you not relatively talking about species as a whole in the game?
Yes some older bucks in the same genus can be more acute in their senses, more so than younger bucks,
but somehow you missed the point altogether or seemed to have,...
And this is what I was talking about when the game should at least have deer senses similar on each map,..
the point being that the game should not change significantly different on relatively close animals, to throw such a change at this stage of the game is unrealistically uncalled for,
as with more changes comes more written code and with more written code comes problems, and with more problems comes a less desired game playing.
If the game was to be changed in such a manner than any good suggestion would be to start from scratch on another new game, and not mess up this one any more than it has endured
with all the problems of the past years and learn from the mistakes that almost gave it its downfall. If it wasn't for such dedicated backers at its least productive output than it could
have easily vanished.
Anyway if these animals were to have IRL characteristic behaviors than most all of the deer in the game would need to up their senses to fit real life standards,
and if that was the case than who would have the time to hunt such a diverse integrated challenging computer animal?
You should be hunting one IRL if that was the case.

I only meant, that there may exist big differences between, let's say a whitetail, and a Sambar - if not in avarage sensitivity of their sences, than at least in the way, they use them, and how they react to possible threat. from what I've read - hunters's stories included - Sambars are very wary ans skittish. Being one of the most challenging game animals in Australia. But I didn't mean I do expect the senses of In-game animals to be as keen as in reality. Only that Sambar's have right to be more wary, than other deers in the game.

Well until you have hunted a Mature Whitetail Buck IRL than that could be said of it also........ they are just as wary as any deer around the world.
And It just depends on who you're talking to at the time.............. ;)
Last edited by gas56 on February 12th, 2018, 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sherab86
Hunter

Postby Sherab86 » February 12th, 2018, 7:31 pm

gas56 wrote:Well until you have hunted a Mature Whitetail Buck IRL than that could be said of it also....

No, thank you. :P Not a type of "sport" for me - only with my digital camera, if so - that's completely other thing. ;)

gas56 wrote:they are just as wary as any deer around the world. And It just depends on who you're talking to at the time.............. ;)

Well, perhaps. :) But in the game, I would probably be more eager to increase waryness of Whitetail, than reducing Sambar's. ;)

Anyway,
good virtual hunting! :)

Return to “General Chat”