Tracking Score

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Minkus32

Tracking Score

Post by Minkus32 »

One thing I am not sure about is what actions increase the tracking level.
Lots of times I will use huntermate to ID a track or sound, others I just look at the track and know what it is without needing to click the huntermate (especially if I am actively tracking an animal)
Does the tracking score only go up when you actively ID it in huntermate or as you walk over them and they highlight, does that also increase the score?
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Tracking Score

Post by Fletchette »

You must click on them with the HM.

http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Tracking_Skill
Personal Bests...
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

As Fletchette said, you need to click on tracks and calls to ID them with the huntermate if you want your tracking to improve, even if you already know what the track is.

One thing worth noting, there is often a lag to the pop-up messages you get in-game about leveling up. For example, you may follow some tracks, stop tracking, than a minute or two later get a pop-up saying your tracking level has increased. This might confuse some players into thinking that simply walking or standing (or whatever you're doing when the pop-up message appears) may increase your tracking skill, but that is not the case. It is simply a delayed message, staing that you levelled up while you were tracking.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Just to clarify to any new player, each track you check with your huntermate gives exp once, so you cant steep on one track and start clicking with the HM to "farm" experience, same for spotting, and the other thing its that the track experience its for the specific tracked species, not general experience, so you can end having a high level in tracking Mule Deer and low in coyotes by example.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I have a question that dovetails with the OP.

As tracking/spotting score increases does it become more accurate? Currently when I track an animal it will tell me how old that track is that is in pretty broad terms. When I get to a higher level does that time span get smaller? Moreover when I spot an animal it gives an estimated score that is similarly pretty broad. As my level goes up in spotting will the score range get smaller? Frankly I can usually eyeball the score more accurately then the huntermate does.

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

The wiki is your friend. So is Fletchette, who posted this above. http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Tracking_Skill

One other note to the OP. When you click on a track, or answer a call for the FIRST time, a red dot will appear at the top of the HM. As long as you don't click on any different tracks, or answer a different call, the tracking CONE..the large one, will stay active. You get a tracking dot for calls and tracks. When you click on subsequent TRACKS only..not CALLS from the same animal, the red dots will increase to three across the top of the HM. This indicates, with each track you click on, that it is the same animal. Even if you shoot a deer, for example, from 150 meters without ever tracking it, when you go to harvest it, before you do, backtrack and click on at least 3 tracks. That will help you level up quicker.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “General Chat”