Arrow glitch

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
supercelldrw
Hunter

Arrow glitch

Post by supercelldrw »

Anyone else using arrows and the animals standing still after being hit?
Spoiler:
supercelldrw
Hunter

Re: Arrow glitch

Post by supercelldrw »

No fleeing, not dying, just keep walking, if you shoot one arrow it shows two arrows in the animal
Spoiler:
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I have had this happen several times, and many of the instances have been in the last few weeks specifically. The animal does not respond at all to being hit, and continues to walk or stand as if nothing happened. I have had instances where the shot did count on the harvest screen, and instances where it did not, even if I could see the first arrow clearly stuck in the animal. It happens infrequently enough that it hasn't been a problem for me.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

This actually yappened to me yesterday, but that was the first time. I was in a huge herd of Rocky Elks, i shot one, the rest stood. Shot one more, the rest stood. When i got to the third one, they stood for about 3 seconds more and then they ran off.

Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

I've had this happen with both bows and crossbows for at least a month.

supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

Had one got down, stand up call and lay back down and die, had hog "die" I got close to have the same thing
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Yesterday, in Logger's Point in MP game, a hunter shot a whitetail doe, it was a body hit. It ran off, and within 50-100 meters began calling again. Strange.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Yesterday, in Logger's Point in MP game, a hunter shot a whitetail doe, it was a body hit. It ran off, and within 50-100 meters began calling again. Strange.
That's where I was at
Spoiler:
SouthernGent

Post by SouthernGent »

Been hitting a lot lately that the hit is a instant kill.. but they walk for a few steps before they drop... as if the system took 4 or 5 seconds to register the hit .. have also have bobcat, moose , and some others get hit.. run for 50-10 meters.. and go back to idle.. calling and being able to be called back in .. ( not complaining ) is kinda nice to have a foul shot animal walk back to me and hang out till it bleeds out under my tower or stand .. less tracking for me lol ...
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

This also happened to me yesterday, i did shoot a Rocky mountain elk and was a nice lung shoot, but the creep stood still like 1 minute before realize that there was an arrow piercing him and run like hell for some metters before drop dead, i think something went messed with the arrows hit detection, not with the weapons since it happens with bows, crossbows and different animals, btw it was with the Parker Python in my case.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “General Chat”