Grizzly Hunt A piece of cake or not on Video

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
gas56
Outfitter

Grizzly Hunt A piece of cake or not on Video

Post by gas56 »

Went on a bear hunt today in Timbergold with all the new AI in place on the Bears,... tracked a male and came upon a female, but one scenario is a heck of a lot easier shooting Grizzlies.
And all I can say is if the Grizzly bears are heading your way that 2 things may happen if you catch them off guard, Oh yes....catch them off guard?
Well we all know what could happen, flee like a rabbit or charge for an attack, I never wait until the last 20 meters to see if they will veer off and flee,
because I'm primed to shoot when they get that close and coming head on, and I take it at that point most of us are ready to defend ourselves.
The first part of the hunt recording is of me coming upon a female Grizzly coming my way while tracking a male bear,.. I see her before she see's me, and the wind is at my face so she can't smell me out....but keeps on a coming. She finally see's me and her first reaction is growl and swipe her paw,...and stands her ground almost like IRL where if this happens you have an angry bear on your hands. Then she stands on her hind legs kinda looking the situation over, still deciding what to do, this is the part where she can flee or she'll charge. I'm the one that spooked her at the last minute, so now you have an angry bear that has a very short temper and you've just crowded her space.
The 2nd part of the recoding is where I finally catch up to the male where I get a few hundred meters of clear mountainside to finally see him, running like a rabbit always staying a couple hundred
meters out in front of me, no matter if I crouched with the wind in my face, raining, I mean this bear had sensors turned way up on high. I started tracking him 50 meters at my tent spawn,
then when I finally got close, but not close enough to see it, he was fleeing, and this had to be one of the longest bear tracking hunts that I've been on in a long time.
So to say the least I had to shoot him on the run at a pretty good clip away from me. I don't think I could hunt 3 bears with this attitude in a row,.. at least not in an hour and a half.
Maybe I should have been hunting Elk, Muleys, & Wolves,.. I sure saw enough of them.

it's kinda blurry,.. it was only 480p
Last edited by gas56 on February 2nd, 2018, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1Al
Hunter

Re: Grizzly Hunt A piece of cake or not on Video

Post by 1Al »

Their AI is broken, there need a fix.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

1Al wrote:Their AI is broken, there need a fix.
I wouldn't say the AI is broken,.. but it could use some tweaks to have these random bears that seem a lot harder to hunt than most of them.
If I skipped chasing the hard ones.. I'm sure I could shoot a lot more in that time frame.
But sometimes I don't like to see anything get away........... :lol:
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

I had similar situation with one of my bears today. I've spooked him once, and after that, this was a long chase indeed... But finally I've got him. ;)

I think this is because of the fact, that after they stop to run, they stay for some time in alert state (as other animals too). And since normaly they sences are modeled to be rather sharp, in this state they are even sharper. When they have run into a woods, it is really hard to spot them, before they do spot us, following them. Personally I don't need those sences to be tuned down - I'm rather "sniper" type either way, but I wouldn't mind this either (if they wouldn't be tuned down too much). This would make life of bowhunters little easier I guess ;)
Cutch
Master Competitor

Post by Cutch »

I use the same lesson I learned it real life about spooked or wounded animals.
i learned this from over 50 years of hunting deer, elk, etc, and it works,
almost 100 percent of the time. ;)

After I spook or just wound an animal, just cool it, that is, relax, and don't move.
Just patiently wait 15 game minutes before you start tracking. The spooked and
wounded animals will then either show up dead, or spook again. But you're able to get
much closer because the animals in our game have calmed down, BECAUSE you
quit tracking them and waited. This method works, I know, I used this method many
years ago in real life.

Try it, and keep trying it,....don't just try it once,
and give up. ;)

A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Cutch wrote:I use the same lesson I learned it real life about spooked or wounded animals.

After I spook or just wound an animal, just cool it, that is, relax, and don't move.
wounded animals will then either show up dead, or spook again. But you're able to get
quit tracking them and waited. This method works, I know, I used this method many
years ago in real life.

and give up. ;)

I know your's method is valid and useful. But I have to admitt, that sometimes temptetion to follow animal instantly is too big ;) , and sometimes, I'm simply afraid that it will wander to far and I won't be able to find it again. :P But yes - this is probably great advice. :) Thank you. :)
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Cutch wrote:I use the same lesson I learned it real life about spooked or wounded animals.

years ago in real life.

and give up. ;)

It's a good way for sure, I tried it at the beginning of my theHunter experience, but those 10/15 min waiting are too lame for me :mrgreen: I like the action, and run and gun :mrgreen:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

1Al wrote:It's a good way for sure, I tried it at the beginning of my theHunter experience, but those 10/15 min waiting are too lame for me :mrgreen: I like the action, and run and gun :mrgreen:
You should put this statement in your signature so that your posts will all be taken seriously by everyone who reads them! No joke! :)
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

JimboCrow wrote:
1Al wrote:It's a good way for sure, I tried it at the beginning of my theHunter experience, but those 10/15 min waiting are too lame for me :mrgreen: I like the action, and run and gun :mrgreen:
You should put this statement in your signature so that your posts will all be taken seriously by everyone who reads them! No joke! :)
I think my posts are already taken seriously, but this is a game after all, dont forget it ;)
To be honest, I no need that signature, my stats say everything! :mrgreen: :P
Good hunting
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

1Al wrote:

years ago in real life.

and give up. ;)

It's a good way for sure, I tried it at the beginning of my theHunter experience, but those 10/15 min waiting are too lame for me :mrgreen: I like the action, and run and gun :mrgreen:
Well, THAT certainly says it all!! How silly we all are, darn it! Yes, I agree with Jimbo, make sure you put that in your sig for all to see!

Return to “General Chat”