Approaching 10 years of TheHunter

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Approaching 10 years of TheHunter

Post by ronMctube »

HooCairs wrote:
xOEDragonx wrote:Penalties for realistic shots seems asinine to me (If you shoot animals in the spine/brain and drop them on the spot you get max points, but lung shots are penalized because the animal almost always runs, even though spine/brain shots are considered quite unethical and risky shots to take in real life).
I never liked the harvest value in Classic, but with CotW they went overboard with the bonuses that influence the trophy rating. In order to get a Diamond trophy you need to find a high score, kill it on the spot (but beware of taking a caliber slightly too large) and have a leading string of five harvests. I am very happy about any Gold I can manage, usually done from close with a bow and "small" arrows.

i think they should of made it simplier and just about finding the Diamond rather than adding other tasks to make the animal a Diamond.i personally dont get that.if the animal is a trophy or monster it is a trophy regardless of what i shot it with or any other influences.

in classic i have never bothered once with CSS or anything like that only the actual score.its all that intrests me.i personally think all the un needed extra is just added garnish.

if something is simple works as easy as possible and is great you dont just add tomato sauce on it . appreciate the simple great taste of the steak :D
Minkus32

Post by Minkus32 »

I don't find it that much of an annoyance to want to quit...now following that damn elk herd for 2 hours yesterday and then losing the trail...that may have prompted a few choice words....
Hopefully the message about the try before you buy for the store gets to the right ears...I really want to see how the range finder sights for the compound bow work, but I'm not spending money if I can't see it in action first.
Kinda why cabela's stores are still so popular :)
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Minkus32 wrote:I don't find it that much of an annoyance to want to quit...now following that damn elk herd for 2 hours yesterday and then losing the trail...that may have prompted a few choice words....
Hopefully the message about the try before you buy for the store gets to the right ears...I really want to see how the range finder sights for the compound bow work, but I'm not spending money if I can't see it in action first.
Kinda why cabela's stores are still so popular :)
Check out Hoocairs videos on weapons, it will show you how they work and look in use. Honestly I have and don't use the compound bow rangefinder site. It blocks too much of the view, and I just use the range finder binos and the 3 pins.

Camping supplies have always had a cost, and were initially used to extend a hunt past the 2 real hour limit. Once the limit was dropped they morphed into what we have now.
When the F2P was getting bolstered up they became available for GM$, which does make them earnable and basically free.
While CotW is heavily mission based to progress, classic's missions are more of just another thing to do and a way to earn GM$.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD

Return to “General Chat”