New rifle? 9.3x74 O/U Kipplaufbüchse

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
TrueshotM
Scout

Re: New rifle? 9.3x74 O/U Kipplaufbüchse

Post by TrueshotM »

3 months later and still.................not purchasable. :/
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Not even sure anyone who won it has received it. I could be wrong. But, yeah, no kiddin', 3 months later and we're still drooling over that rifle. C'mon EW put it up for purchase! ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

The players that have won it have received and used it.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/izi_ ... ts/weapons

I don't remember the others names to show.
Spoiler:
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

I always thought a prize rifle showed up in store 6 months after it was awarded.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

JamboWhoDat wrote:I always thought a prize rifle showed up in store 6 months after it was awarded.
The last one showed up just around a month after. I think you should be able to find it in the Februarys 2017 update.

this Prize was:
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=77187
was released in this update. .
http://news.thehunter.com/status-update-207/
Spoiler:
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

RidgeBack69 wrote:The players that have won it have received and used it.

Doesn't seem to like it anyway, lol... He hasn't used it at all at the last page of the "hunt history". Just above 100 kills with. Terrible kill and hit accuracy percentage. Compared to the .30R which he's got almost 1000 kills with and a better accuracy.
Maybe because he cant buy or got the scope for it? I don't know. For now it's definately not his favourite weapon, that's for sure looking at the figures.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Generalkommendant wrote:

Doesn't seem to like it anyway, lol... He hasn't used it at all at the last page of the "hunt history". Just above 100 kills with. Terrible kill and hit accuracy percentage. Compared to the .30R which he's got almost 1000 kills with and a better accuracy.
Maybe because he cant buy or got the scope for it? I don't know. For now it's definately not his favourite weapon, that's for sure looking at the figures.
I don't think the scope was part of his prize, he's strictly using iron sights. I looked at several of his hunts right after he got it and there's no scope on it on any of his harvests' scoresheets.

The scope they've slated for it won't be as powerful as the 12x50 scope, only 1.1-8x30, but it's illuminated, and will be a damn-sight better than iron sights in the perpetual darkness of rain soaked, tree shrouded Piccabeen Bay. It certainly couldn't be any worse than the .405 lever action's poopoo peep sight.

It's hard to tell how the weapon performs, his stats are not good with it for the relatively small number of harvests he's made (as mentioned above.)
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

JimboCrow wrote:
Generalkommendant wrote:

I don't think the scope was part of his prize, he's strictly using iron sights. I looked at several of his hunts right after he got it and there's no scope on it on any of his harvests' scoresheets.

The scope they've slated for it won't be as powerful as the 12x50 scope, only 1.1-8x30, but it's illuminated, and will be a damn-sight better than iron sights in the perpetual darkness of rain soaked, tree shrouded Piccabeen Bay. It certainly couldn't be any worse than the .405 lever action's poopoo peep sight.

It's hard to tell how the weapon performs, his stats are not good with it for the relatively small number of harvests he's made (as mentioned above.)
Only the first place finisher got the scope to go with it. I think his name was scholargypse or something like that but I am not sure.

I think thy should put a tool kit in the store with a hacksaw and a file just so we could cut off the stupid peep sight
Last edited by RidgeBack69 on March 5th, 2018, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

RidgeBack69 wrote:Only the first place finisher got the scope to go with it. I think his name was scholargypse or something like that but I am not sure.
Right you are, RB, scholargypsys. He has the scope but only 7 harvests with the weapon. He was taking out ibexes with head shots at 150 - 185 m, but not making instakills. Hard to judge. Also, a couple of Polar Bears at 40 m. One instakill, one with a quick follow up.

By the time we get it Piccabeen will be a distant memory. :roll:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

JimboCrow wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:Only the first place finisher got the scope to go with it. I think his name was scholargypse or something like that but I am not sure.
Right you are, RB, scholargypsys. He has the scope but only 7 harvests with the weapon. He was taking out ibexes with head shots at 150 - 185 m, but not making instakills. Hard to judge. Also, a couple of Polar Bears at 40 m. One instakill, one with a quick follow up.

By the time we get it Piccabeen will be a distant memory. :roll:
Pickle beans has been in my rear view for a bit now. I'm hoping that the up coming commuinty comp sparks some re-interest in it.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”