What Are Your 'Frustrating' Hunting Experiences/ Bad Days?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Oswald74
Outfitter

Re: What Are Your 'Frustrating' Hunting Experiences/ Bad Days?

Post by Oswald74 »

Tried hunting on Hirschfelden... I can not stand the permanent calls of the Canada geese.....

Very frustating, please give me a goose ON/OFF switch..

MfG L.E.

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Oswald74 wrote:Tried hunting on Hirschfelden... I can not stand the permanent calls of the Canada geese.....

Very frustating, please give me a goose ON/OFF switch..

MfG L.E.
Geese are music to my ears compared to Wild Ptarmigan, talk about an irritating sound! I was hunting Moose on Hemmeldal last night & the Ptarmigan were driving me nuts. I was about to start lobbing 45-70's at them just to shut them up! LOL

vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

Hunting feral Goat. I spot one that seems big. The spotting window show for estimated score 260-390 and weight 50-65. I harvested the "monster" :D result 60kg and....... score 260.20 :o The estimation program of the Hunter is a Joke :!: :?
gas56
Outfitter

What makes this game not fun to play

Post by gas56 »

1. Hunt on BR or PB, rifle firing off sync by 1 second, after 20 or so minutes real time in the game.
NO WARNING given to drink water but messes up the shot on animals. (well that's too late) Drink water or go to lodge to sync rifle back in time.
2. Tracking animal Blood trails after the shot, plenty of blood tracks, no health shown, animal keeps going after hundreds of meters.
3. Killing Water buffalo with crossbow but unable to kill the smaller Sambar deer with it.
This stuff makes me turn the game off.
This is not a good thing.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Re: What makes this game not fun to play

Post by J_Birdman »

From what I see, PB is another WR. It's not a surprise to me, the final product that is PB appears as rushed as WR. What I don't understand is why, since EW no longer rushes to release boxed retail versions of the game. Maybe they wanted it released before the major recent change of control in the EW office? I dunno but if so, the final product/bugs seem to have not been worth it. The only love I see in PB is in the Rusa and Sambar, specifically the animations and sounds. Minus the fact that the Rusa does and Sambar does seem like the exact same animal/model save for coloration, and that the new "shot reactions" built into the new Rusa and Sambar look incredibly silly, their little mannerisms and sounds are unlike any other species in the game and I find myself completely enthralled just watching and listening to them up close. The rest of the PB release, feh, but the marketing idea behind the dehydration system in particular is a big debacle imo.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Well today is another day and waiting to finally getting to play a game last night and all those things happening one after another really reached my tolerance point last night.
But I am going to try again later today and maybe I can get in a half decent game as I really wanted to hunt Piccabeen Bay and pick up a few deer.
I guess preventive knowledge sometimes does not help the situation, but I am ready to try with a better mood today so far.... ;)
Sorry for the rant,.. but if it didn't happen I wouldn't need to rant.
These things need to be fixed so it doesn't happen, especially the Water drinking Warning which affects PB & BR.

I posted this on this post not long ago which seemed to be unnoticed.

General Chat

Re: Update today

Postby gas56 » January 18th, 2018, 8:57 pm

Since the update yesterday,.. when I've been playing BR doing Goat missions,..
after about 15-20 minutes running around in the game,.. my rifles are off sync by 1 second,
that means when I pull the trigger they won't fire or make the sound for about 1 second.
At first I thought it was my internet.
But then after checking by going back to a lodge only,.. that I can then shoot my rifle again and it will be back in sync.
I have noticed the edges getting blurry while out running around but I am not getting any warning to take a drink from my water bottle.
I'll have to test again because I forgot if I take a drink if I am able to be back in rifle sync also this way.
I believe the cold weather effects are if you start at a tent then you're shivering and coughing ,.. that bug also started with the update.
So possibly a couple of bugs might of come out of this update.
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

They didn't patch the grizzly or polar bear yet either
Spoiler:
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

there seems to be huge differences between individual players. i play brr quite often and when i go for rabbits i run & gun. even with this playing style i dont see the blurry edges nor do i need water. what kind of camo do you use? and drinking water in the moment when you have visual overheating effects doesnt help?
Bananasauce

Post by Bananasauce »

So I was hunting at Rougarou Bayou and I saw this bobcat that looked really white in color. I knew about the gray fur variation that isn't rare but I was sure that it wasn't that. It took me almost THREE HOURS to finally kill that thing, because it's just impossible to track anything at RB. And the bobcat turned out to be a gray one. Well then.
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

I once walked liked 2000 meters in Redfeather falls to put out my tent, and a bear feeder, and a blind. I walked this long walk which took like an hour and a half. Got there then looked in my inventory and noticed that i forgot to bring my tent which is what had my feeder and blind it. So that was an hour and a half I will never get back.
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!

Return to “General Chat”