Time to say goodbye.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
MetalMind
Outfitter

Time to say goodbye.

Post by MetalMind »

I decided to stop playing and want to say good luck and good hunts for my friends. The game is unplayable for me after one of last updates, the FPS drops dramatically :) I will be back for a moment to check the new reserve, but until the developers won't work on some game optimalisation, the game is dead for me.

It is sad to quit after 7 years of playing.

Good hunts everyone! ;)
Jack.Grave
Outfitter

Re: Time to say goodbye.

Post by Jack.Grave »

Good Bye MetalMind my friend, hopefully we will see you gain in theHunter universe anytime soon. I would recomend GPU upgrade if you are still running on good old N-Vidia GTX 660, which was dead good card in its time, but recent updates in tH:C needs more powerfull GPU. Myself upgraded to GTX 1060 few months ago and I am able to play w/o any lags or other hickups. Jack
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

MetalMind wrote:I decided to stop playing and want to say good luck and good hunts for my friends. The game is unplayable for me after one of last updates, the FPS drops dramatically :) I will be back for a moment to check the new reserve, but until the developers won't work on some game optimalisation, the game is dead for me.

Good hunts everyone! ;)
Shame to see you go because of that... i have the same. I have a 1060 GTX (Not the best but still pretty good) and i still get huge FPS drops sometimes, and the rest of the system is really high-end

MetalMind
Outfitter

Post by MetalMind »

I don't know if it is GPU issue, the FPS drop randomly, even if I'm not in dense vegetation, just standing, looking forward and it just suddenly drops. It just changed after one of last updates. However thanks for the advice :)

I'm not alone in that issue: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=84759
MetalMind
Outfitter

Post by MetalMind »

kevin2106 wrote:
MetalMind wrote:I decided to stop playing and want to say good luck and good hunts for my friends. The game is unplayable for me after one of last updates, the FPS drops dramatically :) I will be back for a moment to check the new reserve, but until the developers won't work on some game optimalisation, the game is dead for me.

Good hunts everyone! ;)
Shame to see you go because of that... i have the same. I have a 1060 GTX (Not the best but still pretty good) and i still get huge FPS drops sometimes, and the rest of the system is really high-end
I just can't play the game if it is unstable just like that. I can live with 50 - 60 FPS, but when it suddenly drop to 35 I have no patience to play. I play my other games and it is good to see those are well - optimised. Wish the devs work on that rather than releasing new equipment all the time.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

MetalMind wrote:
kevin2106 wrote:

Good hunts everyone! ;)
I just can't play the game if it is unstable just like that. I can live with 50 - 60 FPS, but when it suddenly drop to 35 I have no patience to play. I play my other games and it is good to see those are well - optimised. Wish the devs work on that rather than releasing new equipment all the time.
You're kinda lucky mate. i normaly have 120-170 fps, but when i drop i drop to 5-15

MetalMind
Outfitter

Post by MetalMind »

kevin2106 wrote:
MetalMind wrote:
kevin2106 wrote:
You're kinda lucky mate. i normaly have 120-170 fps, but when i drop i drop to 5-15
Seriously? That is insane. How long does it take when you have FPS drop? Seconds, minutes?
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

there is definitely a big fps drops with recent builds dont know why though.only the devs would know that.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

MetalMind wrote:
kevin2106 wrote:
MetalMind wrote:
Seriously? That is insane. How long does it take when you have FPS drop? Seconds, minutes?
The real hard ones that go down to 5 fps can last from 30 seconds to 10 mins

L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

granted the games not optimised to its max potential it never has been probably never will be. Its in constant development but its not labour intensive. If youre running a top rig and getting massive fps drops for sustained periods it may be worth submitting a big report and trying to gather info that may help determining what causing the drop, if you experience fps drops and you're running a 660 optimisation will help but it wont solve the issues, that card is long past its day and the issue will be quicker solved at your end with some xmas money

however sorry to see you go mate youve been here aslong as i can remember

Return to “General Chat”