Server

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Oswald74
Outfitter

Re: Server

Post by Oswald74 »

This game needs an offline mode!

Game can still collect the data (encrypted) while playing offline and sync it with the server as soon it's up again.

MfG L.E.

vortex1957
Tracker

Re: Game won't launch on Steam

Post by vortex1957 »

Just tried again, and its working. Don"t quite know what happened, but now I can finish get the Roosevelt Elk and White Tail needed to complete the Thanksgiving Missions :D
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Oswald74 wrote:This game needs an offline mode!

Game can still collect the data (encrypted) while playing offline and sync it with the server as soon it's up again.

MfG L.E.

This is why I've started this thread:

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=84837
EW_Graham
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by EW_Graham »

To confirm, everything is up and running as it should be now. We will be crediting more license time for the disruption. Apologies!
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

yup offline mod is solution... singleplayer, restricted... but we can play. Now is frustrated to wait when server is online again.
Roger_Mellie

Post by Roger_Mellie »

Thanks Team!

There are some who call me..... Simon. In game: Alf_Tupper
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Roger_Mellie wrote:I've got issues too... there was one file missing when verified
ronMctube wrote:yup got exactly same as roger.1 file is missing
That 1 missing file thing is happening for years, it has something to do with a file that is not a direct part of the game, nothing to worry about.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Levado wrote:
Roger_Mellie wrote:I've got issues too... there was one file missing when verified
ronMctube wrote:yup got exactly same as roger.1 file is missing
That 1 missing file thing is happening for years, it has something to do with a file that is not a direct part of the game, nothing to worry about.
True! That 1 file has been normal when validating files in Steam- but there was a time, maybe 6 months or more ago where I would get many files that needed to reacquire but I haven't seen that in a long time now but when it did happen I would sometimes get a DX crash like back in the old WRR fiasco- I have not seen it for a while but I have had a DX crash in the last couple months 2 times.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Eraser_SK wrote:yup offline mod is solution... singleplayer, restricted... but we can play. Now is frustrated to wait when server is online again.
No, it would be an exploitable crutch, better to fix the real issue with the servers.
Up until recently they have been quite stable, and can be again.

It should be much easier to fix the existing problem, then to create an entire encrypted offline mode that will still need the servers to upload the saved info. Then the sudden influx of several hunts data instead of just one would probably cause worse server issues then now making the offline mode an even bigger problem.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

I experience again "never ending score calculation". Can someone else confirm? Or maybe this is just for me this time (problem lays on my side).

EDIT:

Never mind - seemed to be singular occurence. While rotating icon in top-right corner remainded through rest of my hunting session, all scores after this one were calculated normaly.

Return to “General Chat”