Any tips for 2-Person Tree Stand placement?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
askrobert1234
Tracker

Any tips for 2-Person Tree Stand placement?

Post by askrobert1234 »

Hey all! I've been looking around the forums today without much luck.

I've been wanting to set up a 2-person tree stand and tent for my wife and I - either in Redfeather Falls, or Timbergold Trails (for Roosevelt Elk &Moose, or Rocky Mountain Elk, & Deer)... but I have NO idea where the ideal setups are.

Anyone have any tips, pics, or links to any guides or videos that show some good setups?

We've gotten really into archery (her with the Parker, and myself with the Recurve) - and thought we'd try something different with the stand/scent setup instead of stalking through the woods.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks so much! :)
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Re: Any tips for 2-Person Tree Stand placement?

Post by RidgeBack69 »

TgT
There is a tree in a field X-5298 Y74 good place for a double stand. every thing on the map passes through this field and there are always elk carcasses there at least one sometimes two

Also you could check this setup thread http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=82280
Spoiler:
askrobert1234
Tracker

Post by askrobert1234 »

RidgeBack69 wrote:TgT
There is a tree in a field X-5298 Y74 good place for a double stand. every thing on the map passes through this field and there are always elk carcasses there at least one sometimes two

Also you could check this setup thread http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=82280
Thanks, RidgeBack!

I just set up my double stand there to see how it'll do; and within about 15 seconds of placing and climbing into it - I hear a grizzy and a wolf call. Nothing from elk, etc. yet... but that's a pretty good sign right off the get-go!

I placed my tent up on the mountain a good 400M-ish away (By the "!" watchtower 'point of interest') and now we can hike down and see what we'll get!

One single tree with a complete 360 degree view of a massive field. Great find!

EDIT: Update! - No elk so far. But blacktail and wolves are abundant
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I am sure you meant to say Mule deer since there are no blacktail on TgT. :D Before the wolves were introduced to TgT the field was great but not so much since the wolves are always chasing them away.

Directly down the mountain on the opposite side from that field is another one. No tree in the middle but a good field with lakes on both sides you should have better luck with elk there. Just start at your tent and walk down the other side of the mountain.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”