Halloween animals

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Halloween animals

Post by TreeKiwi »

OldSnake wrote:Image

Wow awesome!! Where was he?
OldSnake
Spotter

Post by OldSnake »

near the bridge in the center of the map
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

OldSnake wrote:near the bridge in the center of the map

Fantastic thanks :)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Still looking for whoever made these:
Spoiler:
Image Image Image
onkel_henry

Post by onkel_henry »

First encounter with the beast survived. Shot it and it attacked!! I`ll head back to the lodge to see if I can muster up some silver bullets. ;) YOU ARE GOING DOWN WOLFMAN!!!

And by the way, this dark mist reminds me of the old game "Silent Hill" :)
SIRTEX1
Spotter

Post by SIRTEX1 »

:roll: :roll: :roll: to funny you can shoot it but you cant kill it :lol: :lol:

pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

Yeah, sorry EW but I gotta fail you on this event.

Collectibles are cool, even the doom an gloom feel on TgT is pretty nicely done ... soundtrack ... ehh, hit or miss TBH with you ... it just blares at you, rather then gradually building up to the sounds, an the sounds themselves have more of a michael jackson's thriller feel to it rather then making you feel your in haunted woods. Sorry, but it just doesnt give me that " I just walked into the wrong woods " feeling that I think, n hope, you guys went for here.

Then theres the cruelty of implementing " monsters " into the game that can, an more then likely WILL kill us at first sight, but we simply can NOT kill it ... told to run??? Im all for doing something special, look forward to them honestly ... but I thought this was SUPPOSED to be the MOST REALISTIC hunting game in the world??? Monsters do NOT exist, but if your going to insist on implementing them into the game, then you should have persisted in allowing us to not only defend ourselves, but to collect and taxerdermy one of these monsters IF we should happen to kill one. Im sorry, but Im a strong believer that if something is of a physical being, it depends on the brain sending electrical impulses to the body to do what it wants to do ... no brain, no movement, period. For the purpose of these creatures being unholy monsters, yeah maybe shooting it in the chest, regardless of caliber or weapon, wont put it down, but a headshot ... no brain, no movement, an thats a fact.

Sorry EW ... I normally love what you guys do, but this event is a flop ... who likes being killed by something you cant kill, or better yet, even see ... 5x I went to that graveyard, purposely triggering the headless horseman aka dullnam (sp?) JUST to get a glimpse of him ... he isnt even rendered :(, let alone lets just ignore reality in that a nonphysical entity could ever physically harm you ... its not physically there so how does it hurt you??

Lets keep realism and forego the monster games ... theres tons of things that can be done to " honor " halloween with out going all fake an unrealistic.
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

EW's best advice to just RUN, just doesnt sit well with me so thought Id hunt one down an see if running is the ONLY viable option ... an I found out that its not :) ... apparently werewolves dont like being shot in the head with the .340 OR the .454 lol. Doesnt kill them, or leave any sign of blood ... that I could find anyways lol ... BUT to my surprise, I wasnt attacked by the werewolf, but rather the werewolf took off running :D. I tracked that werewolf, running behind him, following his tracks, no blood anywhere, found him an put another .340 in em, a headshot at less then 40m ... an it took off running yet again. I followed his tracks, running the entire time drawing up my .454 incase I brush jump em an sure enough, about 50m and I brush jump em, putting that .454 into what I believe is his neck/jaw area ( was hard to tell as it happened so quickly ) an yet once again, IT took off running. So, as I said, runnin away has never been my thing, stand your ground an drop a round into their dome an they go running, not us ;)
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

An arrow seems to work as well. ...and makes less noise ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

It is a bit of a let down for me. If the beast was killable it would have been so much better. The Halloween theme map is nice only the first time I hunted it but after that not really the way I want to hunt. If the beast was killable then it would have been really good!

Last year every Elk was A Beast and that was even worst! We want to hunt the beast not just look at it!!

Please keep that in mind for next year.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”