people that are NEW

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
SmellyVanDoodle
Spotter

people that are NEW

Post by SmellyVanDoodle »

i have been a player of thehunter for 3 years and i love the game
,but without new players the game will die.
the game needs new people to add to the community and my membership run out this week so i thought i would suck it up and play as a non member ,how hard would that be ,but i have some concerns .
i started a game and got my first call and the warning came up(popup) to say i dont have a licence to hunt the animal that call ,that was a good thing for new people to know but as a person to know how the game works i thought i would turn of contextual help OFF(ingame menu).so i kept on playing on every second call of a animal it still popped up so i though maybe i did not have it turned off in the SETTINGS>GAME SETTINGS>..so i check my settings and yes it was not on ,so i restarted the whole program but it still popped up that i was not a hunter member .i known it is a good thing to tell you can not kill that animal that called or the tracks you have found BUT i did not known that the same way u tell me that i am not a member is the same way as some some sad ass websites use pop ups to sell a product (EG...CNET) .............it take you out of the game and doesnot give you the real game i have played and loved . know u have to sell a memberships too people but the old days you had a small popup on animals you could not kill "please put the mouse cursor over top of the click button to remove the warning"

this is just my thoughts

p.s Go Bobcat !!!!!!!!!!
kungfujesus

Re: people that are NEW

Post by kungfujesus »

i know want u r saying
it stopped me on my startup
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

ATTENTION NEW PLAYERS!!!: There is a workaround to disable those messages on the Launcher homepage. At the very top of the screen there is a menu with your current em$ and gm$ displayed. Just to the right, click on Upgrade / Renew. It worked for me. :P

EDIT: Sorry for making a joke. I sincerely do NOT want to be a jerk about it , or to be deaf to reason. I just think the game itself is very inexpensive for what you get with a membership, especially the bundles. It's as little as $3.00 per month. That's SO reasonable. Anyone who wants to play the game for more than a couple of hunts should buy one. The messages are there for a reason, and are meant to be annoying.

SmellyVanDoodle, you should renew if you like playing. We miss you already. :D
Last edited by JimboCrow on August 7th, 2017, 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

I don't agree.
The game will never be dead for me regardless how many players are in the game because I'll still be playing the game for what it is, a hunting simulator. :)
As long as the comps keep running and progression is there I'll be fine.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
FastGun
Scout

Post by FastGun »

SmellyVanDoodle wrote: know u have to sell a memberships too people but the old days you had a small popup on animals you could not kill "please put the mouse cursor over top of the click button to remove the warning"
You're right on this. Think about you're a guest and game stops on every track you click...
SmellyVanDoodle wrote: but without new players, the game will die.
I disagree with you on this one. I don't think new players make game standing still. New players needed for sure but most of them buy 3 months and stop the game after license ends or even before license ends. For me, a big percentage of income goes from loyal players.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

There's no reason not to make a game attractive to new players. Any game company worth its salt will always be trying to enlarge its playerbase. Players don't all stay forever; and they need replacing, and new subscription numbers = more $$ = more resources for game development = better game.

I played free for a long time. The messages weren't TOO obtrusive; they weren't every track as someone's said, unless that has been changed. What WAS annoying, however--and still is--is how slowly the mouse cursor moves when any popups are present. That also goes for the taxidermy popup. It's so slow that if you identify a track as a new member, and a Whitetail, for example, calls, often you can't close the popup fast enough to register the call. It would be nice just to speed up cursor speed on those mini-menus rather than having to drag the mouse repeatedly to get it to the middle of the screen (unless there's already some setting for that that I'm missing).

On a sidenote, I personally can't turn Contextual Help -on- again. Toggling it on doesn't give me any messages back (about animals spooking, etc). Anyone else have this problem?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

TheSheWolf wrote:On a sidenote, I personally can't turn Contextual Help -on- again. Toggling it on doesn't give me any messages back (about animals spooking, etc). Anyone else have this problem?
Yes I have the same problem. I have turned it back on but never get any messages anymore.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
MartinSundberg
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by MartinSundberg »

On a sidenote, I personally can't turn Contextual Help -on- again. Toggling it on doesn't give me any messages back (about animals spooking, etc). Anyone else have this problem?
Have you tried setting the Contextual Help from both the launcher and in game?

In game:
ESC to bring up menu -> Options -> Gameplay -> Contextual Help -> on/off.

Launcher:
Settings -> Game Settings -> Contextual Help -> checkbox.

Do the problem still persist after trying both of them?
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

MartinSundberg wrote:
Have you tried setting the Contextual Help from both the launcher and in game?

In game:
ESC to bring up menu -> Options -> Gameplay -> Contextual Help -> on/off.

Launcher:
Settings -> Game Settings -> Contextual Help -> checkbox.

Do the problem still persist after trying both of them?
Hey Martin, thanks for the response! I have now tried both methods, and neither works. I'll update if it changes; it's not the end of the world. It changed a patch or two ago when the game devs explained that they'd make the new "store" suggestion popups less obtrusive. Mine vanished entirely.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

"SmellyVanDoodle wrote:
know u have to sell a memberships too ""

the "membership renewal" is a large part of keeping the game steady...it seems to me that if some members loses interest and doesn't renew their membership, their not likely to recommend the game to others...but, that's just my thought....
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Return to “General Chat”