people that are NEW

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
gas56
Outfitter

Re: people that are NEW

Post by gas56 »

SmellyVanDoodle,....

IMO all players that stay with the game were new at sometime and new players come and go but it's the ones that spend money that makes the game continue.
I have a lot of the equipment already but that doesn't stop me from buying something new that comes out so I support the game more than just having a membership and I'm fine with that,.. if I didn't like it I would just quit the game altogether because missions give me a hard time, but that's the thing that drives me to get them done for Summer Fiesta.
If someone plays for free they can't expect to get the benefits of a paying member.
I let my membership lax a few months before and played for free and hunted Mule deer,.. and that's all I could hunt, so if I got a pop-up saying I didn't have a license to shoot different animals
I already knew that so I tried to stay away from the stuff I knew would make it pop-up. Clicking on a deer grunt was something different altogether because I didn't know the difference between a Whitetail and Mule deer grunt...... :roll: but it was not that much of an inconvenience because I knew that's how it worked and I was playing for free.
But I still got some pretty nice Mule deer bucks anyways in that time frame.
So if you don't like the pop-ups you know how to avoid them, or become a member again and don't have to see them.
Enjoy the game for what you do in it and don't expect the game to cater to all your suggestions or worry about if how new players view the way it works,
because the game is doing just fine the way it is set up these days to play for members and non-members alike.
Have a good 1...............
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

MartinSundberg wrote:
On a sidenote, I personally can't turn Contextual Help -on- again. Toggling it on doesn't give me any messages back (about animals spooking, etc). Anyone else have this problem?
Have you tried setting the Contextual Help from both the launcher and in game?

In game:
ESC to bring up menu -> Options -> Gameplay -> Contextual Help -> on/off.

Launcher:
Settings -> Game Settings -> Contextual Help -> checkbox.

Do the problem still persist after trying both of them?
Welcome Martin and thanks for checking! :)

I have the option turned on both in the launcher as well as in the game option and yet I get no more messages. This used to work when introduced a few months ago but after turning it off and on again no more messages come.

It is the only option that I know that can be changed in the game and in the launcher. Don't know why this is but it should only be in one place. That way it would probably work better and at least make the troubleshooting easier.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
OrLoko
Spotter

Post by OrLoko »

So I'm doing a test on a mouse problem that I have, and I found TheSheWolf quote by Nitah89 over HERE

I hope it help you out

but basically what you need to do is increase the DPI/CPI of your mouse, then decrease ingame Look/Aim sensitivity to balance the change.
WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEEN "OUTDOOR PROOF" IF THE PROBLEM WAS INSIDE THE WHOLE TIME
STATS
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Well i dont think there is lack of new players, at least not that the game is dying due that, just look how we got new people coming into the "New Player Introductions" every week, and they are just a portion i think from the new players that try the game, how many new players come? i don't know, how many stay? idk either, but i believe there are enough to keep the game running.

Now that pop up for free players every time they spot a non permitted animal is so F"%ing annoying, i started as guest before the tree rotation were a thing, and there was pop up but wasn't invasive, it didn't need click to close cutting the game play, then got a membership, then when my membership ended long time ago i played as guest for a while and this new effin pop up system was so damm annoying that i left, eventually since i knew what the game was, and since i wanted play full throttle again i just did what JimboCrow said, i got a membership again, he is right, this game monthly fee is dam cheap(don't ever try to modify that EW xD) getting weapons can make it expensive, but a 3 months basic membership is very cheap compared to...well pretty much any other mmo around, and with the free rotation is much more convenient stay as free guest than what used to be years ago, so no wonder they put that uberanoyying pop up system to "encourage" guest to grab a membership. I hate that pop up, i will always play as member or will never play again probably, that pop up is more annoying than all bugs together.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

Again and again the same things. That make me crazy! :evil:
A guest account is only to try the game not to play for all life. 3 $ for a month exactly 3,33 $ for me is the price of a coffee. For me the guest account must be limited to 15 days and then close it. But those 15 days must be totally free for all species and with one of every class weapon and a limited number of ammunition. it will be some people that will say is not difficult,if that way is adopted, to create every time a new account with a different free email but you know today there are ways for the devs to detect it by installing....... and even vpn or similar ways or malware removers can clean it. the only way is to format the disk ;) . If someone want to test something can do it in a few days. My only objection for EW is that call the game F2P in place of F2T (free to try)
All a conversation for years and that for 3.33 $/month or 9.99$ for 3 months at the moment we spend a lot of $ to send messages from our phone. Enough! :o
I play the game for 9 years and that cost me for the account 360 $ the price of one graphics card that I renew 3 times in those 9 years!
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

@ Vvsaet
Lucky you.
I also play for 9 years but I have upgraded to 3 new computers and only replaced one graphics card. LOL.

But about the licence pop ups, some of us made our feelings known about 3 or 4 years back, So the Devs at the time changed it...... and made it even worse.
Be careful what you wish for.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

DanthemanBoone wrote:@ Vvsaet
Lucky you.
I also play for 9 years but I have upgraded to 3 new computers and only replaced one graphics card. LOL.

But about the licence pop ups, some of us made our feelings known about 3 or 4 years back, So the Devs at the time changed it...... and made it even worse.
Be careful what you wish for.
Think you I have not replaced my computer? :lol: Recently I upgrade it and that cost me about 800$ and all that for playing COTW that I leaved one week later. :?
The only objection I have is that some people think that the game is free. For that reason I said to install a free period with all options active and stopped it after that period. I understand EW that keep the gust status because if we make the account of an guest I think he pay more that an affiliate member. ;)
Mackie2112
Tracker

Post by Mackie2112 »

This game bring hours of relaxing, and sometimes down right frustrating, entertainment. I just grabbed a membership extension with the Jeep sale. I continue to Keep EM on my account for sales of items i do not have and have managed to put together a large collections of gear and I own all the weapons. This game is a passion for me now. I even have my kid signing up this Christmas break so we can go do some virtual father son hunting. My brother plays as well. I brag on this game at work and managed to get some people to at least try a one month. Two guys stayed and are now hopeless hooked and emailing or texting me every night for "protips" After the Devs spoke of new things to come this year it has me excited for the future. I also play COTW and have all those maps. From my perspective EW has the market for hunting games. COTW is eye candy and a lot easier but classic is where i go when I am looking to make a name for myself in virtual hunting. My end game is getting to where i can shoot like some of the veterans here with the Bows ( my own personal challenge and progression). So far as pricing, this game is CHEAP compared to many other games. I bought the year pack after trying it out and i was setup and rolling. Took my time listened to the advise here and Waited on sales for my gear. Love the community here as well. I do hope they address some of the bugs and add a reasonable Africa map with challenging game. If they do not? i have plenty of maps to choose from and many leader-boards to try and get on. I hope you stick around!.

Return to “General Chat”