Wolves ruined Rocky Mountain Elk A.I?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Wolves ruined Rocky Mountain Elk A.I?

Post by TreeKiwi »

HooCairs wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:TGT is quickly becoming the most frustrating map I've hunted on...

With the constent Ptarmigan flapping noise
+ slow load bug on inventory & map
+ track bugs
+ constent Crow cawing
+ Wolves chaing away my Elk
+ Annoying sound of the Wolf caller
+ Wolves sound exactly the same as Coonhounds licking their chops. :lol:
You are forgetting the ever busy bighorn sheep being the most difficult animal to hunt in the entire game. ;)
I find them easy??? Even bow shoot them. Once you see them they are easy to get in close too... problem is finding them!
Hifisch
Scout

Post by Hifisch »

Ravenousfox wrote:+ Annoying sound of the Wolf caller
Most sound variations of that caller sound okay to me, except this single one which sounds like a dying balloon :?
R.i.P ears! :lol:
Last edited by Hifisch on June 21st, 2017, 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hifisch
Scout

Post by Hifisch »

TreeKiwi wrote:
HooCairs wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:TGT is quickly becoming the most frustrating map I've hunted on...

With the constent Ptarmigan flapping noise
+ slow load bug on inventory & map
+ track bugs
+ constent Crow cawing
+ Wolves chaing away my Elk
+ Annoying sound of the Wolf caller
+ Wolves sound exactly the same as Coonhounds licking their chops. :lol:
You are forgetting the ever busy bighorn sheep being the most difficult animal to hunt in the entire game. ;)
I find them easy??? Even bow shoot them. Once you see them they are easy to get in close too... problem is finding them!
I agree. They are hard to find, even compared to Ibex and Dall Sheep. I found most of them in the lower area close to the rails, but in the upper part of the really high mountains, they are close to non-existing.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:The only thing that makes them difficult is that there are so few in such a large area.
I find many other things difficult about them
- high speed roaming making it hard to catch up
- difficult terrain making tracks hard to find
- no audio clues except the rare fighting sound
- running sheep hopping up and down (both on rocky plains and on steep mountain sides)
- hard to spot due to nice blending into the area

Man are we off topic here. :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Hifisch wrote:but in the upper part of the really high mountains, they are close to non-existing.
I have never seen them stuck to a side of the border mountain range like the ibex are many times.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

caledonianblues wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:+ slow load bug on inventory & map
+ track bugs
Just to be clear, these are not bugs specific to Timbergold Trails.

Progress has been made with the slow loading inventory and map issue. Testing is in progress.
Plz fix dog glitch it's the only map I can't have my dog, when my buddy creates a map my dog is with me but tgt he won't spawn
Spoiler:
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

supercelldrw wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:+ slow load bug on inventory & map
+ track bugs
Just to be clear, these are not bugs specific to Timbergold Trails.

Progress has been made with the slow loading inventory and map issue. Testing is in progress.
Plz fix dog glitch it's the only map I can't have my dog, when my buddy creates a map my dog is with me but tgt he won't spawn
Strange i took out my Scent Hound as a Ammo Mule a few days ago and it worked fine in MP on someone elses tgt map. Does he spawn and not move or is he not showing up at all ?
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

D3AKUs wrote:
supercelldrw wrote:
caledonianblues wrote: Just to be clear, these are not bugs specific to Timbergold Trails.

Strange i took out my Scent Hound as a Ammo Mule a few days ago and it worked fine in MP on someone elses tgt map. Does he spawn and not move or is he not showing up at all ?

He's not showing up at all and only that map,shows him in inventory ready to go but he's not in map
Spoiler:
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

supercelldrw wrote:
D3AKUs wrote:
supercelldrw wrote:

He's not showing up at all and only that map,shows him in inventory ready to go but he's not in map
Strange did u contact the Support ?
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

One issue I've observed with elk and wolves and the caller is- chased elk go into nervous state after they quit running the same as if you had shot at them. While the wolves are chasing, or trailing, I've watch packs go by me paying no attention to the caller- But these guys are different than fox/yotes in that they kind of care sometimes and others come right to you. I've also walked into the woods, put up a TS, made a call and in 20 seconds a wolf is walking to me- never having heard a howl or anything- so from what we've been told about them and their AI, it appears to be about what we should expect is where I am at the present time. I do wish they didn't kill so many bull elk, sure have seen some nice racks on the ground.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”