What was I thinking lol

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
walt133
Hunter

Re: What was I thinking lol

Post by walt133 »

Thanks for the correction Tang. I apologize for being incorrect pirahna590. :oops:
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
walt133 wrote:
pirahna590 wrote:One thing we noticed last night while out hunting together, I would hear a call, but she wouldnt ... mainly in the beginning of our hunt, but thought it was odd that Id hear the call, while she was only 10 - 20 meters away from me an she wouldnt. The only thought I had on this is that I have a much higher tracking level for said species then her?
I believe you are correct. If you are a higher level then she is in said animal then your HM will hear the call a lot farther out. Where as she would have to be close to the animal to hear the call and for it to register on her HM.
I don't think that's the case. With a higher skill level (tracking), the location of the call shown on your HM will be more accurate, but no matter which skill level you have, you should still hear any call in render range. Now if she was a few meters from you and the call was just within your render range, maybe it was just out of render range for her? This would explain why she couldn't hear it...
IDK, we're going to try to be mindful of location of call in relation to our location and distance between us to see if theres a discrepancy there some where ... see what happens :D
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

The reason one player might hear a call and not another is render distance, like Marc explained. In multiplayer if you're walking one behind the other, the player in front will hear the call when they walk into render range of the animal. The player behind will not hear the call since the animal is not within render distance of them. It happens a lot.

As for the friend referral issue, I'm not sure support will be able to help since it wasn't an issue with the referral system, it was simply forgetting to use it. I would imagine if they honoured one request to let it slide and allocate the reward items, that they would be inundated with similar requests from people who also forgot. It's a shame though.

Great to hear your fiancée loves the game. Hopefully she's caught the bug and will be signing up :)
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

caledonianblues wrote:The reason one player might hear a call and not another is render distance, like Marc explained. In multiplayer if you're walking one behind the other, the player in front will hear the call when they walk into render range of the animal. The player behind will not hear the call since the animal is not within render distance of them. It happens a lot.

As for the friend referral issue, I'm not sure support will be able to help since it wasn't an issue with the referral system, it was simply forgetting to use it. I would imagine if they honoured one request to let it slide and allocate the reward items, that they would be inundated with similar requests from people who also forgot. It's a shame though.

Great to hear your fiancée loves the game. Hopefully she's caught the bug and will be signing up :)
Yeah, figured cant hurt to try, besides, the best reward is being able to share the game with the one I love.

I'd say she got the bug ... she got up an first thing she did, right after asking me for coffee lol, was to hop on the hunter to check her HS and go an accept new missions since we completed a few for her last night. Told her that Id get her a membership, better rifle then the .243 and better clothing too on Wed ... looks like Im gonna have to drop 3,000 - 5,000 EM$ on her lol
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

pirahna590 wrote:I'd say she got the bug ... she got up an first thing she did, right after asking me for coffee lol, was to hop on the hunter to check her HS and go an accept new missions since we completed a few for her last night. Told her that Id get her a membership, better rifle then the .243 and better clothing too on Wed ... looks like Im gonna have to drop 3,000 - 5,000 EM$ on her lol
This is awesome. All you need to do now is get her hooked on the forum. Normally that's the first thing I check after I grab a coffee. I almost forget what life was like before theHunter, or what I used a smartphone for.
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

caledonianblues wrote:
pirahna590 wrote:I'd say she got the bug ... she got up an first thing she did, right after asking me for coffee lol, was to hop on the hunter to check her HS and go an accept new missions since we completed a few for her last night. Told her that Id get her a membership, better rifle then the .243 and better clothing too on Wed ... looks like Im gonna have to drop 3,000 - 5,000 EM$ on her lol
This is awesome. All you need to do now is get her hooked on the forum. Normally that's the first thing I check after I grab a coffee. I almost forget what life was like before theHunter, or what I used a smartphone for.
Yeah, Im glad she likes the game, but now Im gonna drop $50.00 for the Trailrunner membership, an another $44.00 for the 5,000 EM$ lol... but Id imagine she will be joining the forums shortly ... I'll be sure she posts in the new players section to say hello to all :D
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Good story. I hope getting the "recruit a friend" thing works in your favor. Either way, as you said, you have a hunting partner now, that's cool.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Awesome man! There's a lot of couples playing and I can only imagine it's a great "Us" time when you're both diggin it. It's not going to happen for me, wife and I have never made it far when it comes to games of any kind because she says I'm too competitive :lol: .... translate- I kick her ass, and she hates to lose which bears the question, Who's competitive? :lol:
That's awesome Pirahna! Best of luck to ya both!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
walt133 wrote:
pirahna590 wrote:One thing we noticed last night while out hunting together, I would hear a call, but she wouldnt ... mainly in the beginning of our hunt, but thought it was odd that Id hear the call, while she was only 10 - 20 meters away from me an she wouldnt. The only thought I had on this is that I have a much higher tracking level for said species then her?
I believe you are correct. If you are a higher level then she is in said animal then your HM will hear the call a lot farther out. Where as she would have to be close to the animal to hear the call and for it to register on her HM.
I don't think that's the case. With a higher skill level (tracking), the location of the call shown on your HM will be more accurate, but no matter which skill level you have, you should still hear any call in render range. Now if she was a few meters from you and the call was just within your render range, maybe it was just out of render range for her? This would explain why she couldn't hear it...
I'd wager a fair guess this is what's going on, especially since the "first" animal in render during a single hunt will make a call, if it is possible for that animal species to make one. The animal isn't going to call a second time on cue (as opposed to randomly) since it's already been rendered.

woops, missed the second page.
Last edited by DonderDeer on May 7th, 2017, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
homk
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

i feel a couples double comp coming on."the bickering in the woods open"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuwXQ4DqaIg

Return to “General Chat”