What was I thinking lol

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
pirahna590
Hunter

What was I thinking lol

Post by pirahna590 »

Well, my fiance has been watching me play this game over the last few months, an I could tell she was starting to see the attraction I have to this game so I asked her if she wanted to play with me. Figured was a long shot, as shes not really into the idea of hunting ( killing animals ), but thought she'd enjoy the beauty the game has :). So, we downloaded the game .. which almost lost her from the get go as we encountered that launcher install glitch where it kept restarting the download ... DEVS, you reallllly need to fix this, over 4 hours and she literally kept saying " ***, forget it then " and if it wasnt for me continuously assuring her it'll work, she herself would have given up on this game before it even started for her and Im afraid that this is happening to many new players an they give up before they even get to try the game. BUT, it finally downloaded and installed, she finally was able to get out on a hunt an played two hunts of an hour ea the first night, but then spent the better part of the next day ... shes hooked now :D.

But this wasnt why I labeled this post " what was I thinking lol ", you see, I was so excited that she was interested that I just went an downloaded it to get her into the game ... with out sending her the game invite for my reward for bringing a new player to the game :( lol. BUT, I gotta say, they give new players farrrrrrrr more starter items then I had received when I first started playing this game years ago. Besides the .243 in wood, she received the .243 in carbon ( a much nicer looking weapon then the wood version IMO .... and hers :D ), the usual single shot 12Ga, deer bleat caller, and basic clothing, but she also received a pair of black pants, scent eliminator, wind indicator, and a ground blind. She looks pretty good in that " Thehunter " T-shirt, but you just KNOW Im going to be investing in better clothing and gear for her IF she continues to play the game and like it.

In just one day, shes already managed to bag her first Muley, Whitetail, Elk, Moose, Roe Deer, Feral Goat, Fox and Black Bear ... granted with a bit of help from me on my maps with my premium content such as tents, treestands, feeders/bait barrels, and calls ( a few of them were pretty decent for a first time player :) ), but not too bad for a first timer :D :D. She was pretty excited with ea of her firsts ... so, I do believe we have a new player :), I'll be sure to have her stop by an introduce herself ... but man, I WISH I had recalled the new player invite reward an gone that route ... but in the end the reward for me really is having my baby girl playing the same game I do love to play so much.
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: What was I thinking lol

Post by L3M182 »

pirahna590 wrote:Well, my fiance has been watching me play this game over the last few months, an I could tell she was starting to see the attraction I have to this game so I asked her if she wanted to play with me. Figured was a long shot, as shes not really into the idea of hunting ( killing animals ), but thought she'd enjoy the beauty the game has :). So, we downloaded the game .. which almost lost her from the get go as we encountered that launcher install glitch where it kept restarting the download ... DEVS, you reallllly need to fix this, over 4 hours and she literally kept saying " ***, forget it then " and if it wasnt for me continuously assuring her it'll work, she herself would have given up on this game before it even started for her and Im afraid that this is happening to many new players an they give up before they even get to try the game. BUT, it finally downloaded and installed, she finally was able to get out on a hunt an played two hunts of an hour ea the first night, but then spent the better part of the next day ... shes hooked now :D.

But this wasnt why I labeled this post " what was I thinking lol ", you see, I was so excited that she was interested that I just went an downloaded it to get her into the game ... with out sending her the game invite for my reward for bringing a new player to the game :( lol. BUT, I gotta say, they give new players farrrrrrrr more starter items then I had received when I first started playing this game years ago. Besides the .243 in wood, she received the .243 in carbon ( a much nicer looking weapon then the wood version IMO .... and hers :D ), the usual single shot 12Ga, deer bleat caller, and basic clothing, but she also received a pair of black pants, scent eliminator, wind indicator, and a ground blind. She looks pretty good in that " Thehunter " T-shirt, but you just KNOW Im going to be investing in better clothing and gear for her IF she continues to play the game and like it.

In just one day, shes already managed to bag her first Muley, Whitetail, Elk, Moose, Roe Deer, Feral Goat, Fox and Black Bear ... granted with a bit of help from me on my maps with my premium content such as tents, treestands, feeders/bait barrels, and calls ( a few of them were pretty decent for a first time player :) ), but not too bad for a first timer :D :D. She was pretty excited with ea of her firsts ... so, I do believe we have a new player :), I'll be sure to have her stop by an introduce herself ... but man, I WISH I had recalled the new player invite reward an gone that route ... but in the end the reward for me really is having my baby girl playing the same game I do love to play so much.
message support, im sure they can sort it out for you dude. if not maybe a dev will se this post and just add the content.
(edit) on second thought maybe not. i introduced a friend and he didnt use the link i sent him for the invite a friend and when i messages support to ask if i was still eligible i was told

"Hi,
I apologize for the inconvenience. One of our programmers is looking into the issue with friend referrals and hopes to have this resolved ASAP. Once resolved I will update your support request." no idea if it ever got resolved but i never heard back. tbf i never pressed it any further as it was our mistake and it was only adeer caller fancy as it may be and ive since got the .308 free when i bough some EM$ woulda been nice to get that otherwise locked content though
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

You also didn't think that you could have just had her download the launcher, then copy the game folder from your installation to hers. ;)
In fact, now any time you get an update, just copy the game folder to the other computer.

Glad to hear she digs it.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

L3M182 wrote:
pirahna590 wrote:Well, my fiance has been watching me play this game over the last few months, an I could tell she was starting to see the attraction I have to this game so I asked her if she wanted to play with me. Figured was a long shot, as shes not really into the idea of hunting ( killing animals ), but thought she'd enjoy the beauty the game has :). So, we downloaded the game .. which almost lost her from the get go as we encountered that launcher install glitch where it kept restarting the download ... DEVS, you reallllly need to fix this, over 4 hours and she literally kept saying " ***, forget it then " and if it wasnt for me continuously assuring her it'll work, she herself would have given up on this game before it even started for her and Im afraid that this is happening to many new players an they give up before they even get to try the game. BUT, it finally downloaded and installed, she finally was able to get out on a hunt an played two hunts of an hour ea the first night, but then spent the better part of the next day ... shes hooked now :D.

message support, im sure they can sort it out for you dude. if not maybe a dev will se this post and just add the content.
(edit) on second thought maybe not. i introduced a friend and he didnt use the link i sent him for the invite a friend and when i messages support to ask if i was still eligible i was told

"Hi,
I apologize for the inconvenience. One of our programmers is looking into the issue with friend referrals and hopes to have this resolved ASAP. Once resolved I will update your support request." no idea if it ever got resolved but i never heard back. tbf i never pressed it any further as it was our mistake and it was only adeer caller fancy as it may be and ive since got the .308 free when i bough some EM$ woulda been nice to get that otherwise locked content though
Was thinking that too, IDK if it will work but worth a try I suppose .... just have to wait for her to wake up now so I can ask her what email she used to register with :D lol, sleeping beauty needs her rest, or she be like a momma bear just coming out of hibernation if I woke her up to ask her what email she used lol.
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

Tod1d wrote:You also didn't think that you could have just had her download the launcher, then copy the game folder from your installation to hers. ;)
In fact, now any time you get an update, just copy the game folder to the other computer.

Glad to hear she digs it.
No, I did not think of that lol, but, will keep that in mind for if we encounter that issue again.

Quick question, how does one add friends? Like, I have 2 pages of friends but for the life of me I cant recall how to add them lol
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Click the "friends" icon on the top header bar. (looks like a little person). Search. Select "Send Friend Request"
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

Tod1d wrote:Click the "friends" icon on the top header bar. (looks like a little person). Search. Select "Send Friend Request"
Thanks mate! Found her an sent her the request :D. I also sent you one for that MP hunt you helped me with :D Thanks again for that, will have to go out again sometime
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

One thing we noticed last night while out hunting together, I would hear a call, but she wouldnt ... mainly in the beginning of our hunt, but thought it was odd that Id hear the call, while she was only 10 - 20 meters away from me an she wouldnt. The only thought I had on this is that I have a much higher tracking level for said species then her?
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

pirahna590 wrote:One thing we noticed last night while out hunting together, I would hear a call, but she wouldnt ... mainly in the beginning of our hunt, but thought it was odd that Id hear the call, while she was only 10 - 20 meters away from me an she wouldnt. The only thought I had on this is that I have a much higher tracking level for said species then her?
I believe you are correct. If you are a higher level then she is in said animal then your HM will hear the call a lot farther out. Where as she would have to be close to the animal to hear the call and for it to register on her HM.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

walt133 wrote:
pirahna590 wrote:One thing we noticed last night while out hunting together, I would hear a call, but she wouldnt ... mainly in the beginning of our hunt, but thought it was odd that Id hear the call, while she was only 10 - 20 meters away from me an she wouldnt. The only thought I had on this is that I have a much higher tracking level for said species then her?
I believe you are correct. If you are a higher level then she is in said animal then your HM will hear the call a lot farther out. Where as she would have to be close to the animal to hear the call and for it to register on her HM.
I don't think that's the case. With a higher skill level (tracking), the location of the call shown on your HM will be more accurate, but no matter which skill level you have, you should still hear any call in render range. Now if she was a few meters from you and the call was just within your render range, maybe it was just out of render range for her? This would explain why she couldn't hear it...
Image Image Image

Return to “General Chat”