FPS issues after last patch.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
gas56
Outfitter

Re: FPS issues after last patch.

Post by gas56 »

This does happen periodically when I've been tracking an animal and get into render range of it, for as long as I can remember playing the game.
It feels like FPS drops rapidly and I am stuck in slow motion, and when I spin in a circle I can come out of it, but usually lasts 3-5 seconds;
I play in full screen.
Win7pro
SRVCpak1
AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor
IM(RAM): 16.0 GB
64-bit OS
NVIDIA Ge-Force GTX 680
Luziano
Hunter

Post by Luziano »

MetalMind wrote:
Radamus wrote:The skip is automated approx. every 10 seconds.
I've found little workaround. I set minimal frame render to -2 in nVidia panel, but it helped partially, it isn't so annonying after I made that change.
Hope it will be looked in really and not just left behind, as it really destroys gameplay for me.
That is still happening to me. Updating my video card drives helped make it less noticeable, but it is still there, a skipped frame or a hiccup every exactly 10 seconds. Because of its perfect regularity I got the impression is some faulty line of code that is causing the problem.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Luziano wrote:
MetalMind wrote:
Radamus wrote:The skip is automated approx. every 10 seconds.
I've found little workaround. I set minimal frame render to -2 in nVidia panel, but it helped partially, it isn't so annonying after I made that change.
Hope it will be looked in really and not just left behind, as it really destroys gameplay for me.
That is still happening to me. Updating my video card drives helped make it less noticeable, but it is still there, a skipped frame or a hiccup every exactly 10 seconds. Because of its perfect regularity I got the impression is some faulty line of code that is causing the problem.
I am experiencing this every 7 or 8 seconds as well, and only after the recent patch. I have a decent rig and the problem is only with this game. They have resurrected an old bug and need to roll back the patch until they have found and fixed the problem.
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

I've noticed that myself. It doesn't happen every hunt, but once it starts I get a lag stutter about every ten seconds until I fast travel or something, and it's especially noticeable if I'm walking. I've even tried closing everything else and restarting my computer before I start hunting every day but it seems to be hit or miss. As near as I can recall, the maps I've experienced it on are Whitehart, Redfeather, Hirschfelden, and Rougaroo Bayou.
Luziano
Hunter

Post by Luziano »

Guys, lets fill a couple of support tickets then: https://support.thehunter.com/
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

What patch are we talking about? This is a 2017 thread. For the record, I have zero FPS drop. :?

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

Sometimes I get image/render stutter when I'm at the Shotgun Range. Otherwise, I have no frame drops with graphics on Max (320m render)
Luziano
Hunter

Post by Luziano »

It is not a FPS loss, but more of a hiccup every exactly 10 seconds. I already filed a support request, and they confirmed they know about this issue, although they cannot so far replicate them.
MeistaRulez
Scout

Post by MeistaRulez »

Luziano wrote:It is not a FPS loss, but more of a hiccup every exactly 10 seconds. I already filed a support request, and they confirmed they know about this issue, although they cannot so far replicate them.
Same here, unfortunately.
Tried to come back to the game after a long hiatus but those frametime spikes make it pretty much unenjoyable.
For me, those spikes occur every 6s.
Low/high graphical settings , fullscreen/windowed, 720p/1080p/1440p, v-sync on/off, frames capped/uncapped, Win10/11, HAGS on/off, GameMode on/off, ResizeableBAR on/off, different drivers...it doesn't make a difference.

It's definitely not my system (13600k,4070TI,32GBDDR5), since other, more demanding games don't exhibit the same problems.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

MeistaRulez wrote:
Luziano wrote:It is not a FPS loss, but more of a hiccup every exactly 10 seconds. I already filed a support request, and they confirmed they know about this issue, although they cannot so far replicate them.
Same here, unfortunately.
Tried to come back to the game after a long hiatus but those frametime spikes make it pretty much unenjoyable.
For me, those spikes occur every 6s.
Low/high graphical settings , fullscreen/windowed, 720p/1080p/1440p, v-sync on/off, frames capped/uncapped, Win10/11, HAGS on/off, GameMode on/off, ResizeableBAR on/off, different drivers...it doesn't make a difference.

It's definitely not my system (13600k,4070TI,32GBDDR5), since other, more demanding games don't exhibit the same problems.
If it wasn't your system we'd all get it. I'm not saying your system is 100% to blame. I'm saying something in your system is triggering it that isn't triggered in other systems. (like mine)
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”